Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL Empty
PostSubject: JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL   JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 12:03 am

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM

JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL JESSYOUANDI62107
Jess You And I defeats No Secrets Here on June 21 at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Photo by Scott Martinez

Champion Jess You And I Returns in Vandy's Flash on Saturday

CYPRESS, CA--Champion Jess You And I returns to racing action Saturday night against a field of seven sophomores in the $35,000 Vandy's Flash Handicap (G3) at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Last seasons Champion two-year-old gelding will be racing for the second time this season. He defeated All American Futurity winner No Secrets Here in what was a virtual match race--there were only three starters--on June 21 going 350 yards in :17.25.

Owned by Double Bar S Ranch, the son of Feature Mr Jess won his first five starts before being defeated in the Los Alamitos Two Million (G1). His biggest victory was a neck win over champion Blues Girl Too in the Golden State Million. Blues Girl Too went on to win the Los Alamitos Two Million.

He will be saddled by Jaime Gomez in the 400 yard event.

Felix Gonzales’ A Mere Splash returns after winning the $145,000 Maiden Stakes on March 3. The Splash Bac gelding won a three-quarter length victory as the 7-10 favorite for trainer Adan Farias.

Sergio Morfin’s Skynlajolla has started 17 times, but found his winning form in his latest three starts for trainer Chuck Treece. The Streakin La Jolla offspring comes off a hard-fought nose win in the Town Policy Handicap as an 11-1 outsider.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL   JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 10:15 am

Its so much fun to see the horses come back from their 2yo years!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL   JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2007, 1:26 pm

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM AND LOS ALAMITOS.COM

JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL AMereSplash7707LosAl

A Mere Splash catches Jess You And I at
the wire on Saturday night.
Photo by Scott Martinez

A Mere Splash Beats Champ In Vandy's Flash

LOS ALAMITOS RACE COURSE, CYPRESS, CA—July 7, 2007 proved to be a perfect night for A Mere Splash to shine again, as the winner of this year's Los Alamitos Maiden Stakes proved that he is the real deal with a victory in the Grade 3 Vandy's Flash Handicap at Los Alamitos.
Owned by Felix Gonzalez and trained by Adan Farias, A Mere Splash's victory came against, arguably, the nation's 3-year-old of the moment in champion Jess You And I. The most impressive part of it all was the matter that A Mere Splash posted the win. The Splash Bac gelding veered out sharply at the break and was fourth at the start, while Jess You And I, despite breaking a bit slow, was on the lead. But by the halfway point of the 400-yard race, A Mere Splash had found his stride. Seconds later, he was even with Jess You And I.

A few moments later, A Mere Splash had defeated last year's top two-year-old gelding by a neck while recording a solid time of :19.45. His winning time, in what was his first outing since his Maiden Stakes win on March 3, was only 6/100ths of a second off the meet's fastest clocking at 400 yards.

Ridden by Rodrigo Aceves, A Mere Splash improved his record to four wins from five career starts. This was also the first graded stakes win of his career and the race now makes him eligible to the Z. Wayne Griffin Directors' Trials, which serve as the trials to the Champion of Champions.

Double Bar S Ranch's Jess You And I, meanwhile, suffered only his second loss in eight starts. The only other blemish on his record was a fourth place result in the Los Alamitos Two Million Futurity last season.

Royal Motions, winner of the Morning Snow Handicap on June 15, finished third and was followed by Northern California stakes winner Remarkable Eyesa and Town Policy Handicap winner Skynlajolla.

Xtreme Game and This Snow Is Amazing were scratched.

Courtesy of www.losalamitos.com
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL   JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2007, 9:28 am

Wow - exciting stuff -
Any news on Blues Girl?!?!? I want the filly back!
Back to top Go down
ljb

ljb

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL   JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2007, 11:47 am

she worked for the firsttime last week i think, just a turn and work so no time was recorded. She isn't aimed at anything for a few months i think so they are taking their time w/ her.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL   JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2007, 4:53 pm

Thanks!!!

Nothing wrong with taking time - works for me!!!! I just enjoy seeing them come back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL   JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JESS YOU AND I RUNNING SATURDAY AT LOS AL
Page 1 of 1