Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HEARTSWIDEOPEN

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

HEARTSWIDEOPEN Empty
PostSubject: HEARTSWIDEOPEN   HEARTSWIDEOPEN Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2007, 12:34 am

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM

Heartswideopen To Pass Rainbow Futurity Trials

Ruidoso Futurity winner Heartswideopen will
point to the $2 Million All American.

RUIDOSO DOWNS, NM—JUNE 30, 2007—In a surprising development that means the $4 million Triple Crown bonus will not be paid this year, trainer Carl Draper announced that his Grade 1, $500,000 Ruidoso Futurity winner Heartswideopen will not enter the trials to the Grade 1, $625,000 Rainbow Futurity held next Friday afternoon.

The $4 million All American Triple Crown bonus is awarded to the connections of any horse who can sweep the Ruidoso, Rainbow and All American futurities at Ruidoso Downs.

Heartswideopen will point to the trials to the Grade 1, $2 million All American Futurity on Aug. 16 and then point to the trials to the Grade 1, $2 million Los Alamitos Two Million on Nov. 23.

“It was my call to preserve a fast filly,” Draper said Saturday morning. “I think I can freshen her up and be ready for the All American and then freshen her again and be ready for the Two Million.” He said that Heartswideopen being a filly and not a big, strong colt was a primary factor in his decision.

“She’s sound; we galloped her yesterday morning. But she’s run five hard races,” Draper, who conditioned DM Shicago to his 2005 world championship, said.

Owned by Javier and Manny Rodriguez, the Feature Mr Jess filly started her career on March 9 by running 300 yards in:15.21 in a Sunland Park maiden race, the fastest 2-year-old time of the meet in a maiden race. She then raced to a :15.12 time while winning her 300-yard Grade 1 West Texas Futurity trial and posting the fastest qualifying time.

Heartswideopen rebounded with the fastest qualifying time of :17.33 for 300 yards in the Ruidoso Futurity trials and won the finals by more than a length in a stakes record :17.08.

Draper runs a stable comprised of horses co-owned by a family member or taken on the condition that the he has complete control of the horse’s training. “The advantage I have that is I call the shots. We’re always going to do what’s best for the horse,” Draper said.
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

HEARTSWIDEOPEN Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEARTSWIDEOPEN   HEARTSWIDEOPEN Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2007, 7:27 pm

I wonder why they canceled the 4 mil bonus. Thats wierd.
Back to top Go down
ljb

ljb

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-04-26

HEARTSWIDEOPEN Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEARTSWIDEOPEN   HEARTSWIDEOPEN Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2007, 12:53 am

I don't think they cancelled the bonus, it just won't be available because the horse that won the Ruidoso (Heartswideopen) won't be running in the 2nd leg of the triple crown,
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

HEARTSWIDEOPEN Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEARTSWIDEOPEN   HEARTSWIDEOPEN Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 3:17 pm

Sorry, I can't read. Embarassed I thought they were saying she's not running cause there wouldn't be a bonus. It makes sense now, im a little slow Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

HEARTSWIDEOPEN Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEARTSWIDEOPEN   HEARTSWIDEOPEN Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 3:25 pm

Sorry, I can't read. Embarassed I thought they were saying she's not running cause there wouldn't be a bonus. It makes sense now, im a little slow Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HEARTSWIDEOPEN Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEARTSWIDEOPEN   HEARTSWIDEOPEN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEARTSWIDEOPEN
Page 1 of 1