Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1

Go down 
+2
smokey
Andy Gooding
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy Gooding

Andy Gooding

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-04-29

ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Empty
PostSubject: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 8:09 pm

Race: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1

Track: RUIDOSO DOWNS
Trials: AUGUST 16, 2007
Final: SEPTEMBER 3, 2007
Purse: $1,900,000
Distance: 440 YARDS

Horse Sex Sire-Dam, Dam Sire Time Owner Breeder Trainer Jockey
Heartswideopen f. Feature Mr Jess--Dashing Phoebe, by Dash For Cash :20.921 Javier Rodriguez Kirk W. Goodfellow (TX) Carl W. Draper Oscar Hernandez

Wild Six f. Tres Seis--Wild Vines, by The Signature :21.051 Lee/Sherwood Partnership/Mineer M J Farms (NM) Wesley Giles Tony Guymon

Sure I Fly g. Strawfly Special--Sure Alibi, by Sir Alibi :21.152 R. Link Newcomb & Micah Leslie Double Bar S Ranch (CA) Todd W. Fincher Bonifacio Perez

Coronas Fast Dash c. Corona Cartel--Dash Fast Girl, by Hezas Fast Man :21.183 Bobby D. Cox Bobby D. Cox (TX) John S. Buchanan Juan Vasquez

Captain Courage c. Mr Jess Perry--Corona Chick, by Chicks Beduino :21.363 Chad Hart & Burnnett Ranch Julianna Hawn Holt (CA) Heath M. Taylor G.R. Carter, Jr.

Strong Hope c. Separatist--Sweet Bye and Bye, by Zevi (TB) :21.402 P.J. & L.A. Amestory/M.C. Abraham Barley & Sharp (CA) Fred I. Danley Bonifacio Perez

Libbys Feature f. Feature Mr Jess--Libbys Cartel, by Corona Cartel :21.414 Melba De La Cerda Henry E. Brown (OK) Eddie Willis Larry Payne

Sf Royal Bank c. Royal Quick Dash--Shake The Bank, by Bully Bullion :21.417 Salome Gallegos Hector Roldan (TX) Paul C. Jones Freddie Martinez

Greatful Heart g. Corona Caliente--Your Light Up My Life, by Special Task :21.438 Ronald W. & Kati Hanna Ron & Kati Hanna (NM) Carlos Sedillo Joe Martinez

Royal Holland Line g. Holland Ease--Juno Dat Honor, by Juno Dat Cash :21.447 Abigail K. Kawananoka Abigail K. Kawananakoa (WA) Paul C. Jones Cody Jensen

Trial Notes: Heartswideopen won the seventh trial by 1-1/4 lengths over Sure I Fly to post the fastest qualifying time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.andygoodingequine.com
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 8:36 pm

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM

ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 HeartswideopenfastestqualifiertoAAF
Heartswideopen posts the fastest quaifying
time to the 2007 All American Futurity(G1).
Photo by Ty Wyant

Heartswideopen, Wild Six Showdown Set For All American Futurity

RUIDOSO DOWNS, NM—AUGUST 16, 2007—The anticipated showdown between Ruidoso Futurity winner Heartswideopen and Rainbow Futurity winner Wild Six will occur in the finals to the Grade 1, $2 million All American Futurity on Labor Day after the two fillies raced to the top two qualifying times on Thursday afternoon at Ruidoso Downs.
The two-year-olds with the 10 fastest times from the 18 440-yard trials qualified to race in the All American Futurity.

Javier and Manny Rodriguez’s Heartswideopen impressed the sun-baked crowd when she won the seventh trial by one-and-a-quarter lengths in :20.921, the all-time fastest qualifying time for any All American Futurity run at 440 yards. AB What A Runner set the previous qualifying record of :20.993 in 2002 and then went on to win the All American Futurity.

Wild Six remained undefeated from six starts with her three-and-a-quarter length win in the ninth trial with the second-fastest qualifying time of:21.051.

A $60,000 Ruidoso Quarter Horse Yearling Sale purchase a year ago, the Feature Mr Jess filly, Heartswideopen, was pointed at the All American Futurity trials after she won the Grade 1, $500,000 Ruidoso Futurity on June 10 in a stakes record :17.08 for 350 yards. Heartswideopen was eligible to race in the Rainbow Futurity trials, but trainer Carl Draper opted to pass on the Rainbow Futurity so the filly would be in prime form for the All American Futurity trials.

“The time after the Ruidoso Futurity helps her develop,” said Draper, winner of the 2004 All American Futurity with world champion DM Shicago. “She is bigger, stronger and the rest freshened her up. She’s a happy camper.”

When Draper passed on the Rainbow Futurity, rumors spread that the filly was hurt and couldn’t compete.

“Everybody that said she was crippled should look at her now,” Draper jabbed after the spectacular trial win.

While Heartswideopen skipped the Rainbow Futurity, Wild Six raced to a hard-fought neck win in the Grade 1 futurity worth $625,000. It was her second Grade 1 victory after closing strongly to win the $266,000 West Texas Futurity in April at Sunland Park.

Owned by John Lee, Lincoln Sherwood and Herman Mineer, the Tres Seis filly has been pointed at the All American Futurity since being purchased for $32,000 at last year’s Ruidoso Quarter Horse Yearling Sale. After winning the West Texas Futurity the owners said the All American was their primary objective.

Trainer Wes Giles entered her in the Ruidoso Futurity trials, but Wild Six flipped in the gate before her trial and was scratched. Giles helped her regain her professional form and she has not made a bobble in her three subsequent starts.

Heartswideopen led four qualifiers from the seventh trial across the finish. Also eligible for the $1 million first-place check for that heat were Sure I Fly, Captain Courage and SF Royal Bank.

All of the 177 entrants in the All American Futurity trials remain eligible to compete in next year’s Grade 1 All American Derby that could have a $1 million purse to be the richest Quarter Horse derby of 2008.
Back to top Go down
Bobbey Phillips

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 2:37 pm

SURE I FLY had to be vanned off the track after the race. ROYAL HOLLAND LINE apparently severed a tendon after the race. I heard he spooked in the winners circle and got hung up in the rock wall. What terrible things to happen!!!! Looks like it will be a race between HEARTSWIDEOPEN & WILD SIX in the finals, those 2 fillies are awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
ljb

ljb

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 2:47 pm

I saw the deal w/ Royal Holland Line, it did not look pretty. It looked like at first he spooked in the winners circle and started kicking everyone in there. I did hear that he should probably be able to race again, but it will be over a year. What happened with Sure I Fly? I never heard about that one, will he be able to run back in the finals???
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 3:10 pm

Hi: the running lines said he was vanned off after the finish. Never heard any more but last night on TVG they said there were going to be 9 runners so I'm guessing he's ok for now. I only saw part of the after care on Royal Holland Line where they were very optimistic about his recovery.
Back to top Go down
Bobbey Phillips

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 3:25 pm

I don't know any more about SURE I FLY. Tried to call Mike Stuart because I know he's friends with the Newcomb's, but had to leave a message on his voice mail - he's probably at Ruidoso. I would doubt that ROYAL HOLLAND LINE will ever race successfully again, if it was just a bowed tendon it would be more likely that he could come back.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 5:06 pm

Sheesh - its so rough - I hate to see the little guys get hurt.

My heart goes out to them - I can only imagine the incredible high of qualifying only to crash in the winner's circle!

I'm hoping Sure I Fly is back for the finals.

This is a great group - love those fillies out on top!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
ljb

ljb

PostSubject: Re: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2007, 2:35 pm

I was just going to let everyone know that I heard that they already sent Todd Finchers horse to surgery, Sure i Fly. This information came from the jockey Bonifacio Perez. I never really heard what exactly was wrong, but it sounded like ankle, if anyone finds out let me know....its too bad...
Back to top Go down
southdakota racer

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2007, 10:04 pm

I think Hearts Wide Open will be super tough to beat unless she has trouble. She is rested and fast, fast, fast. Wild Six will make her run for it. I will be curious if any of the others can step up and surprise us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.swanequine.com
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Sure I Fly   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2007, 10:31 pm

I just read on the AQHA profiles of the AA qualifiers that he injured his knee requiring surgery. Unfortunate for the connections to get this far and not have a runner. Hopefully he will fully recover from this.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Heartswideopen and Wild Six   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2007, 10:39 pm

I think Heartswideopen definitely has an advantage as she had over two months rest before the AA trials and Wild Six had less than a month from the Rainbow final to the AA trials. Good racing luck to both awesome fillies and their connections. It would be surprising if neither one wins the Futurity as it seems they are the cream of the crop this year. sunny
Back to top Go down
ljb

ljb

PostSubject: Re: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2007, 8:54 pm

in case anyone wanted to know Sure I Fly slabbed his knee. They did surgery, and I haven't heard how he is doing now or how the surgery went. But when I do I will pass it on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1   ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALL AMERICAN FUTURITY-G1
Page 1 of 1