Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HERDA and advertisement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

HERDA and advertisement Empty
PostSubject: HERDA and advertisement   HERDA and advertisement Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 5:30 am

I finally saw the first ad on a big name cutting stud that read "HERDA N/N tested at Cornell University" was so very impressed to see someone taking it seriously this horse will be standing next year for the 1st time to the public my guess is his introductory fee will probably be around 5k... he is a big name is the only big named stallion Ive seen so far advertised tested I'd sure like to see more shoot he has earned over 250,000 in only 5 months of showing so the $50.00 isn't too much to ask really. Now for the other guys that are pulling in 2,500-10k a stud fee ( and are fully booked) they need to pony up and spend the $50.00.... I know I'll go to the guy who spends the $50.00 1st...

edit to add their web site includes the following and they stand many nice stallions I might add:

All Major Incentives
Buffalo Ranch Riders Bonuses
HERDA Guarantee: If you get a Clinical HERDA foal, you will receive a refund of 300% of paid breed fee.
Breed Fee Includes - Chute Fee, Booking Fee, & 1st Next Day Shipment fee
No Hidden Fees - Period
Live Foal Guarantee
Shipped & Frozen Semen Available on all Stallions
Stallions Backed by Industry’s Most Powerful Broodmare Band
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: HERDA and advertisement   HERDA and advertisement Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 8:17 am

I think that's great they're doing that. People need to be aware what they're getting into. I can tell ya, having a horse with its skin peeling off would be just way too much for me to handle.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: HERDA and advertisement   HERDA and advertisement Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 8:57 pm

Nice to see people stepping up. I know I would want to know just for my self if I was packing around a gene that could cause so much pain. cheering

I also think that AQHA needs to step and tag their papers just like they have with HYPP.. Seems like such a simple thing. No one gets hurt this way. Many people have no clue what it is. I also believe this came out at the same time they were meeting on the HYPP issue.. They clammed up on the NH status and only talked about HH.. They had no choice at this point. bounce

My thoughts are if they are going to ban one thing they need to ban all of it. That could certainly wipe out the breed.. Keeping people aware and letting them make the choice is in my opinion the way to go. We know both have to carry the HERDA gene to get it.. So, if you really liked a stallion/mare and it was positive you could test your mare/stallion and decide from there. I do not think we should just shut them down for this. I do beleive we should be able to make an informed decision. study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: HERDA and advertisement   HERDA and advertisement Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2007, 12:46 pm

I was just on the UC Davis site for DNA kits.. They also have one for GBED now.. YEA!!!!!! No excuses not to test for this and put an end to it right now. cheering
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HERDA and advertisement   HERDA and advertisement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HERDA and advertisement
Page 1 of 1