Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD Empty
PostSubject: CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD   CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 3:20 am

Ruidoso High Seller is Easy Winner in Anticipated Debut Sunday

VINTON, LA—June 25, 2007—Captain Courage, the $415,000 high-selling yearling at the 2006 Ruidoso Select Yearling Sale, was a convincing winner last night (Sunday) at Delta Downs in his maiden start.
Purchased on the first night of the sale by Chad Hart from Julianna Hawn Holt, Captain Courage drew clear of his nine rivals by 3-1/4 lengths over the 350 yards in :17.764 seconds. Hart, a resident of Georgia, owns Hart Farms in Kaplan, Louisiana.

Captain Courage is a son champion and champion sire Mr Jess Perry out of Holt's blue-hen mare Corona Chick. Corona Chick was the champion 2 and 3-year-old filly of her age group and has produced 10 ROM from 10 starters including champion and All American Futurity(G1) winner Corona Cash; grade 1 stakes winners and current leading sire of money earners Corona Cartel; 2007 Heritage Place Derby winner Valiant Hero; stakes winner and stakes sire Corona Czech; stakes-placed Coco Corona; and grade 1 stakes finalist a leading 2007 first year sire Corona Caliente.

Trained by M. Heath Taylor and ridden by J.R. Ramirez, Captain Courage is eligible for the Rainbow and All American Futurities at Ruidoso and the Texas Classic Futurity at Lone Star Park.

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM
Back to top Go down
Bobbey Phillips

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD   CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 3:54 pm

Hi Smokey,
CAPTAIN COURAGE had a previous start on June 14th in the Firecracker Futurity trials at Delta Downs where he ran 6th and failed to qualify to the finals. Now he has 2 starts with 1 win and a speed index of 91.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD   CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 4:21 pm

Hi Bobbey: Thanks for catching that and now that you mention it I remember seeing those trials but it just didn't register. I guess there is so much going on in qh racing right now that things just slip by. You might want to notify Stallionesearch since you picked it up or I can if you like. sunny
Back to top Go down
Bobbey Phillips

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD   CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2007, 1:49 pm

Hi Smokey!!!
I emailed David at stallionesearch right after I was on here. He must've taken his news brief off his website because I don't see it there anymore. How are things in Colorado?? We have had so much rain here (16 days straight and a new record), I think I'm getting web feet. Reminds me of the coast of Washington when I lived there and in one year we only saw the sun shiine 3 times!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD   CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAPTAIN COURAGE LIGHTS UP THE BOARD
Page 1 of 1