Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Captain Marvelous

Go down 
+5
Merikle Waters
SilverBuckleHorses
7cedars
PHENOMADACIOUS
Kidd Kuhlmann
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2007, 4:17 pm

If anyone is looking for an impecably bred race stallion with a great mind, he is IT. He only has 2 foals on the ground. My colt (April 30, 2006) was by this stallion and we just sold him for $5000...not bad for a $500 stud fee!
I'd breed back if I had a mare that would cross. He is live cover only and stands in Hempstead, TX. I'm not his owner but I'd LOVE for this guy to get some exposure!
Captain Marvelous A-3
Captain Marvelous E
Captain Marvelous Capt
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2007, 9:45 pm

He's a cutiepie Razz
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2007, 8:20 am

Nice stud... boy, he looks like he can run. How tall is he, Kidd? Jeesh, he looks to be about 16 hands.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2007, 9:38 am

He is not really tall actually. My guess is 15-15.1. The mare we bred was 16.1 and we ended up puting her in a ditch to help him out.

He is bred really well and he is super easy to be around, wouldn't guess he was a stud. He is in a back pen at a TB farm that my fiancee works at. I saw him one day and just asked who he was because he is a cutie. Got his pedigree (he is a 7/8 brother in blood to 2005 Champion 2yo colt) and decided to do a genetic experiment with a mare we had that had been open for a couple years (she just wasn't producing what we wanted in babies) and then we got my little guy! Just sold the mare and my other mare has been booked for a year and my fiancee's dad's mares have been booked for a long time as well...so can't really justify breeding back to him right now.
Here's a pic of my little colt by him at 6 months of age (reg name "Call Me Easy Money").
Captain Marvelous A1
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2007, 11:35 am

wOot, that stallion has got some KICK BUTT bone. I betcha he could produce a lot more than just speed foals. He's nice and flashy too, I betcha that if the people actually took the time and money to advertise him, get some babies out of him and get them proven in the ring, race, or barrel racing, whatever they would be good at, he would get a lot of local attention. He's a real nice boy though, love that bone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2007, 1:27 pm

Unfortunately his owners don't really care too much about his stallion career. I just really like him and think he deserves a shot!

Here is a link to his pedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/captain+marvelous

Personally I'd love to pull him out of the pasture and get him calf roping or chasing cans. He's just a neat package!
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2007, 8:15 pm

That stallion is very lovely!!!

Very nice build to him, nice color and markings, kind eyes.... I just love his face!

too bad they don't want to market him more, I agree that he would bring in a lot of attention!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2007, 6:26 pm

love that pedigree. If I was one heck of a lot closer, he'd work great on Trouble. Did he run? If so, what's his SI?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2007, 6:57 pm

He ran a little but had strangles as a baby and it messed up his insides...
He is a winner with an 86si...limited racing and his training was VERY controlled/limited...

I'm going to try to take glamor shots this weekend!
Back to top Go down
CarrieBale

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 12:24 pm

Exclamation WOW Exclamation This is a very well-bred stallion and he has good looks. I also like his size - as I am not a fan of the tall stuff. Too bad he's hiding down there in TX with only live cover - that's a shame. Kidd - you've got a very nice looking colt by him, that's for sure!

He needs to come to Laughing Michigan Laughing

Thanks for sharing - he sure is nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 3:17 pm

Carrie - I had forgotten I'd put up pics of him.
We actually sold that colt by him at about 10months... We're in contact with the colt's owners and are HOPING they will put him in training with us...

Captain was leased by a man about an hour away AND he is trying to book about 20 mares to him...he MIGHT ship semen on him which would be pretty schnazzy!!!!

Captain is bred right and he only has TWO foals...the one pictured above and a barrel baby (not sure if it is even registered)...

I'd love for him to get a shot...he's easy to be around and is just too cute...very balanced!
Back to top Go down
Bobbey Phillips

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2007, 2:20 pm

He is certainly good looking, put together nice and definitely has the kind of bloodlines to be a stallion. Being by CORONA CARTEL - everyone is looking for a son of him - and from a Blue Hen female family, I would think he'll get alot more than 20 mares to breed to him.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2008, 1:12 am

Any update on what's happening with this guy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2008, 10:05 am

Yah I would like to hear an up date on him to. Is it still only live cover?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2008, 9:14 pm

Funny yall should ask...
Captain went and lived with the guy - it went ok I guess until he coliced and had to have surgery...
Really irks me - guy knew that he had been sick as a baby and needed a special diet...
Oh well - Capt is back at the farm and recovering from surgery so no breeding this year - maybe I can talk some sense into his owners before 2009!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Captain Marvelous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Marvelous   Captain Marvelous Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain Marvelous
Page 1 of 1