Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Performance halter - good or not?

Go down 
+3
RoperChick
PHENOMADACIOUS
7cedars
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lovetoshow

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 11:51 am

I kinda thought that was the way it was ,some one also said to me you will be surprised how mant horses do not have a ROM in performance class
I have people putting halter horses in showmanship to get a performance ROM to show a performance class ....well it will be interesting none the less...Starting to get the show bug .........
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Performance halter - good or not?   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 11:55 am

It still seems weird to me that they consider SMS a performance class, now IF they would point LL that would be awesome to get the ROM in and be able to go into the PH.
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

PostSubject: SMS   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 12:01 pm

I am thinking showmanship is a performance class ,and we have added the PH to our show bill already so If you got a ROM in showmanship with your halter horse can you ?? show PH ??it has added I think 8 extra classes it will be midnight before those shows are over ,We halter people have to get up early ...how in the heck am I going to sleep with that loud speaker going all night lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Performance halter - good or not?   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 12:16 pm

Yes SMS is a qualifying class for you to be able to go into PH if you have the ROM in SMS. I personally just think of performance as a riding class thats all.
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

PostSubject: PH Halter   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 2:52 pm

I have to kinds agree with you but you would be surprised how many SMS
people can't ride due to physical conditions some ony show halter and SMS..Gives them a chance to still be involved with the horses,and shows.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Performance halter - good or not?   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 5:24 pm

Does PH have to be included? Can only Halter be on the show bill?
I havent bee to an AQHA show yet this year to see what is going on with it.
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

PostSubject: PH Halter   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 5:51 pm

It has already been added ,and its on our show bill I beleive 8 extra classes ,thats a lot if you think about it ,8 extra classes and 8 extra awards for the club .But it is required to be on the show bill...an dffrom what I can tell its already is ...........
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Performance halter - good or not?   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 7:47 pm

Okay, I'm a little confused here. Why do they even have lounge-line classes, if it doesn't count? I don't get that at all. To me, it would be the beginning of say WP or HUS. Truthfully, I wish they had a trail in hand class for ones younger than two - now that'd be a hoot.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Performance halter - good or not?   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2007, 4:03 pm

I like the idea of PH. I couldn't compete with my reining and cutting breds in a normal halter class. This way if I get an ROM on a horse, I have the option of showing it in halter without embarrasing myself. My horses look like ponies if you stand tham beside some of the halter horses from here.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Performance halter - good or not?   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2007, 8:28 am

Don't feel bad, Reiningfan, I've felt the same way before, too.. Cool

I think what's sort of neat is, if I get a chance to do this, is show one in halter when they're young, then break them out, get a ROM in something, and then go back into the performance halter ring.

And on the performance halter, all I'm seeing so far is 3 classes in amateur; they're grouping all the ages together. I guess they're having an open performance halter, too????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance halter - good or not?   Performance halter - good or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Performance halter - good or not?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2