Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

June 9th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 2:55 pm

At Retama -
We have the first entry of the year finally -
Race 8...should be a TOUGH race...
Garrett's horse is Makin It Big Time...
Estimated Local Post Time: 9:26 PM
Breed: Quarter Horse
Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
Purse:$6,500
Distance: Three Hundred And Thirty Yards
Surface: Dirt

1 Makin It Big Time (AZ) 3 Colt 121 Salvador Perez

2 McM Invisible Kate (TX) 3 Filly 121 Rodrigo Sigala Vallejo

3 Valors Gold (CA) 9 Gelding 123 Arturo Puga

4 Primetime Dream (TX) 4 Colt 123 Nicolas Vallejo

5 Promising Victory (TX) 4 Colt 123 Santos Carrizales

6 Ace Shaman (TX) 3 Colt 121 Jeff B. Jerman

7 Martha O Toole (TX) 3 Filly 121 Luis Ramirez

8 Ronas Wind Dancer (TX) 9 Gelding 123 Ignacio Bustamante

9 Kiddo O Toole (TX) 3 Colt 121 Gaspar Garcia

10 Mr Bisiesto (TX) 3 Colt 121 Isaac Chapa

11 Deputy General (TX) 5 Horse 123 Luis L. Vivanco

Hopefully he will have a clean trip and it will be a good prep for the MBNA trials at Sam Houston!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 8:28 pm

You're right about it being a tough race. It'll be good prep though, you got a good rider. We're in the 2nd race 1 hole, Ooh Lorraine and 3rd race 8 hole, JP Dale Rio. They're in where they belong, maiden claiming, so they should be tough.

Friday we're in the 5th race 6 hole, Count Nix. It's his first out and he's been pretty sick over the last few days, (I'm making excuses already Embarassed ) but I like him at 350 yards.

Hope ya'll have a safe trip (on the road and in the race) and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2007, 3:04 am

Well - Valors Gold scratched...
the horse broke ok - got bumped (not in the charts) and then hit (hocks)...He ran a low 80s SI which is better than he has at that distance before so we'll take that. Not sure if his owners are as excited about him any more...we'll see what they say...

CONGRATS on the win Justin!!!! Tough luck in race 2 - I didn't get to watch it, was the break that bad?!?
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2007, 10:44 pm

Thanks Kidd. I saw your race and I thought he ran good. He was right
there with them for 300 yards, he just needed the race. I bet he'll do a
lot better next time.

No, the break wasn't that bad, she just got outrun. We were hoping
someone would claim her, but it didn't happen.

Well, it's about time to start packing for Houston. Are ya'll gonna run
anything the last weekend?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2007, 11:09 pm

The 3yo will be entered in the MBNA Derby trials on June 29 at Sam Houston!!!

My 2yo will probably run on June 16 in the Maiden 2yo race...he has a small case of the snots right now so if he has a clean nose by Tuesday then he'll get entered. He is eating and playing, just a little snotty...so he has until Tues to get that cleared up!
His name is Mr Cellophane...
This would be his first out...his workouts are:
http://www.drf.com/workoutsForHorseAction.do?rNo=Q1848177

He is my little man - hopefully he can run a little...I think he'll be better at 3 and 4 and will like more distance, But we'll see!!!!

Ugh - stinks with the filly, hope she runs better or gets claimed :D

Are you going to be around this weekend?
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 1:24 pm

Hey Kidd, maybe you already know, but a Seperatist colt out of Sweet Bye and Bye ran yesterday at Ruidoso, its first out. Second race, 8 horse.
Here's the results page: http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/RUI061007USA2.pdf
Larry Sharp said they wiped him out three times and it looks that way from the charts. He went from last to third, and still ran a 93. He's probably in all the Futurities coming up and looks like 440 will be no problem for him.

Ya, I'll be there this weekend. I'll either be at Toby Keeton's barn, 15, or dad's barn, 17. Toby's supposed to get all of them out of there pretty soon, but I doubt he will. I hope you draw good and get a good rider!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 1:38 pm

Thanks! We'll probably be in Barn 5, way down on the end near the fence in Ines De La Cruz's stalls...he used one at one point this year but they have been empty since...so we'll probably haul into them. I think we're going to bring in the 3yo for a gallop and maybe the goofy paint for a lesson in track behavior...I "think" we're going to name Luis Vivanco on the 2yo, they got along pretty well in the last work out. Either him or Jeff...just depends...I let Garrett deal with all of that for the most part. The colt just seems to do a little better with someone who will "rev his engine"...he needs a pop or two on the shoulder to tell him its TIME, otherwise he just goes until he realizes he can run and THEN he scoots...

Yeah - I'm hoping for big things out of Stong Hope...I'll have to wait until he wins something to see what he looks like. Impressive first out though. His workouts are about as consistent as they get!
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: IN THE DARK   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 3:06 pm

HEY KIDD : TELL ME THE NAMES OF THESE BABIES SO I CAN PUT THEM IN MY STABLE TO CHEER ON WHEN THEY RUN. ARE THEY YOUR BABIES OR BEING TRAINED BY GARRETT?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 3:18 pm

MY only baby this year is Mr Cellophane - he is MY 2yo and Garrett trains him for me...but I've owned him since he was a weanling...got his momma at the same time, got her in foal and then she coliced and died last Oct...

I guess Justa Southern Boy is also ours since Garrett owns him...

The other 3yo is an outside horse that Garrett trains.

I am toying with the idea of putting my 4yo in training again if she x-rays clean...she could be my special experiment (we already know she is slow and if she x-rays okay then there wouldn't be any harm)
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2007, 3:00 pm

"Duck" is in - 8th race, 3 hole...we'll see how the little guy does!!! He has been a little sick and it is an 11 horse field - if he will just hang in there with them I'll be thrilled!!! alien
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2007, 5:55 pm

Hey Kidd: I'll be watching and cheering for "Duck" aka Mr Cellophane. Smile when you see the camera in the winners circle. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2007, 9:24 am

Laughing Thanks Smokey!!! If I'm IN the winners circle you can bet your boots that I'll be grinning from ear to ear and may be jumping up and down too Rolling Eyes

We can use all of the best wishes there are and the good luck too!!!

Duck is honest though, so here's to running fast and running faster than everyone else in the race cheers cheers2
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2007, 12:05 am

We had a LITTLE scare this morning affraid Last week when my 2yo started his snots we drew blood and sent it to the vet...well, we didn't hear back and since Garrett sees the vet every day, we just assumed everything was fine...WRONG affraid Vet said that Duck was really sick and that we shoudln't run him (all of this while the colt is polishing off his morning feed in record time)...Garrett was LIVID that we didn't know this earlier, I was mad but more concerned with the colt. Soooo, me being me, said - draw more blood, get the results TODAY and see what we've got!!! His blood came back 100% normal cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers The vet THEN said that MAYBE his blood "sat too long" before the tests were done (apparently it got left at the farm all weekend...Ya THINK?!?!scratch ) Its a good thing I usually love this vet! Dancing

So now, "Run, Duckie, Run!!!" cheering
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2007, 12:39 am

How long was this vet that ' you usually love' going to wait to let you know that this baby's white count was off the paper? Nothing like good medical followup. Whatever lab he uses needs a dressing down also. They know when a sample is not going to give accurate results just by looking at the date it was drawn and what tests need to be done. Guess I shouldn't be so nasty but I've worked as a physicians asst all my life and really get tired of all the sloppiness and uncaring that happens these days in any medical field. Make sure they don't charge you for the first sample.

Nuf said.........Very Happy Glad he licked it by himself and

Run, Ducky, Run riding riding riding riding
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2007, 11:13 am

The vet uses an in-house lab...it wasn't his white count that was out of whack - it was something else (mind blank right this minute). We were treating him so who knows what the vet thought...

This is the same vet that manages to get my mares bred on their first tries with her. This year was WAY too easy: Checked mare on Saturday (got culture), dropped off at clinic on Tuesday, Shipped semen on Wednesday, Bred on Thursday, ovulated by Friday, home on Friday afternoon and we were FINISHED!

I'm not sure who to blame - vet or Garrett...sometimes Garrett puts things places and thinks everyone else is on the same page with him...sometimes they aren't even in the same section of the library...Usually when she messes something up she takes it off the bill before I ask her to...makes things easier!!!!!!

I don't like sloppy work either!!!!!!!!!!!

For now though - lets hope this little 2yo can run some!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

June 9th Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 9th   June 9th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June 9th
Page 1 of 1