Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Community Outdoor Arena

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Community Outdoor Arena Empty
PostSubject: Community Outdoor Arena   Community Outdoor Arena Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2007, 12:47 pm

Somehow, I got wrangled into finding quotes for fence and sources for grants so that we can build an outdoor arena, free to use, next to our skating rink, which we use as an indoor arena in the summer.
I don't really mind doing this, as it will be put to good use. There is now a team penning club starting up, and I can't wait to try it. There is an indoor and outdoor privately owned facility here, but the arena used to be a PMU barn, so it isn't very big, and it would be nicer not to have to pay to ride. Also, there are many people who wont use that place.
So what we are trying for is a 100' x 200' arena, made with panels. A little more expensive to start with, but it will retain equity, whereas other types of fencing depreciate. We are hoping to put up lights as well.
This should be a great thing for our community to have, as there are many people who ride here. Sounds like it will be used by the 4-H club, the riding club, the team penning club and many individual riders. I'm getting kind of excited about it now, regardless of the amount of work it will be.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Community Outdoor Arena   Community Outdoor Arena Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2007, 2:27 pm

have you looked into the continuous fencing that is what our county arena is using they do quite a bit of rodeos etc there and it looks really nice...
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Community Outdoor Arena   Community Outdoor Arena Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2007, 3:14 pm

yeah, waiting on a quote for that. Lady who sells is taking a while to get back to me, but they show, so I suspect they are at they AQHA show. Wish I had been able to go too, but 4-H Achievement Day is this Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Outdoor Arena   Community Outdoor Arena Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Outdoor Arena
Page 1 of 1