Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Empty
PostSubject: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 5:01 pm

Run on June 3.
Courtesy of www.drf.com

9th (9:53)
Remington Park Invitational Champoinship S.

440 Yards | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $150,000

Post # Horse Jockey Weight Claim Price Equip. Med.
1 Jess Tie Quik Baldillez R 122 L
2 Bullions N Garters Brooks R D 126 L
3 Wrs Special Shoe Wilson R R 126 L
4 Adrians Jolla Payne L D 126 L
5 Dylans Dandy Ernst B L 122 L
6 Sm Country Cowboy Thompson S H Jr 126 L
7 Mr Chivato to You Leggett T W 126 L
8 Dashin Rare Form Vasquez R M 122 L
9 Country Chicks Man Carter G R Jr 126 L

Wow, this should be a heck of a race, winner gets berth into Champion of Champions.
Back to top Go down
Bobbey Phillips

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2007, 10:24 am

My picks for this race are...
1. COUNTRY CHICKS MAN
2. MR CHIVATO TO YOU
3. BULLIONS N GARTERS
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2007, 12:52 pm

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM

Mullins Saddles Pair In Grade 1 Remington Park Championship

Owner, breeder and trainer Sparky Mullins will saddle a potent pair of homebreds – Country Chicks Man and SM Country Cowboy – in the Grade 1, $150,000 Remington Park Championship on Sunday night at the Oklahoma City track.
At stake is an invitation to compete in the Grade 1, $1 million Champion Of Champions at Los Alamitos in December.

Last season Mullins took Country Chicks Man to Los Alamitos for the Champion Of Champions where they finished a very competitive third behind World Champions Wave Carver and Be A Bono. Beaten only a neck, Country Chicks Man was named the 2006 American Quarter Racing Champion Aged Stallion.

After breeding a full book of mares, Country Chicks Man returned to the races on May 6 to win his third straight Sooner State Stakes at Remington Park.

The six-year-old Chicks Beduino horse has started 31 times with 21 on-the-board efforts, 11 victories and earnings of $522,534.

His four-year-old half-brother SM Country Cowboy is following form with a Grade 1 win in the recent Bank Of America Oklahoma Challenge at Remington Park. The Dashing Val gelding earned a half length victory in the Challenge Championship race while covering the 440 yards in :21.49 seconds.

Racing for Sylvia and John Crain, Mr Chivato To You will face Mullins two charges.

The five-year-old gelded son of Dash To Chivato has won three straight Remington Park stakes in the Grade 3 Eastex Handicap, the Leo Stakes and the Bob Moore Stakes. Trained by Don Mourning he has won 13 races and earned more than $400,000.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2007, 6:02 pm

While I'm sure Country Chicks Man will win it...
I'm going to pull for Bullions N Garters in this one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2007, 9:26 pm

My heart says Bullions N Garters will run in the money, but my head says:

COUNTRY CHICKS MAN
MR CHIVATO TO YOU
SM COUNTRY COWBOY
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2007, 9:51 pm

Bullions N Garters is DUE! riding

Dad gum it - I just want her to shine!cheering

Honestly though I'm thinkin right there with you Justin coffee - just really want the girls to smoke the guys!!! pray
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2007, 10:08 pm

Haha, I hear you. I guarantee you she'll give it all she's got. She has a lot of I love you to compete the way she does.
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 12:00 am

How bout that! Bullions N Garters got moved up to 3rd. Did anyone see
what happened in the race?
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Remington Park Invitiational results   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 2:16 pm

Courtesy of StallioneSearch.com

Remington Park Invitational Championship Stakes
$153,500, Remington Park, Jun 03, 3 year-olds & up, 440 yards

1. Country Chicks Man, red r. h. 6, by Chicks Beduino--Country Zevi, by Zevi-TB, Bred by Sparky Mullins (OK). Owner-Sparky J. Mullins. Trainer-Sparky Mullins. Jockey-G. R. Carter, Jr.

2. Wrs Special Shoe, br. g. 5, by First Down Laveaux--Hava Zevi, by Zevi-TB, Bred by Williams Racing Stables Inc (IA). Owner- Williams Racing Stables, Inc. Trainer-Charlton Hunt. Jockey-Randy R. Wilson.

3. Bullions N Garters
, b. m. 6, by Bully Bullion--Guns and Garters, by First Weapon, Bred by Lewis Long and Jim Gubas (OK). Owner-Jim Gubas. Trainer-Jim Gubas. Jockey-Roy D. Brooks.

Margins: 1¼, ½, hd
Value to winner: $92,500 2nd $30,000 3rd $17,500
Time: 21.170
Track: Fast
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: COUNTRY CHICKS MAN   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 2:51 pm

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM

Country Chicks Man Powers Home in Remington Park Championship

Country Chicks Man picks up an invite to the Champion of Champions(G1) with win..

—June 3, 2007—The older horses had their biggest moment of the season in the $153,500 Remington Park Championship with former Horse of the Meeting Country Chicks Man winning with ease.

Owned and trained by Sparky Mullins, Carter had his normal spot aboard the red-roan 6-year-old Oklahoma-bred as he powered home in front by 1-1/4 lengths. Country Chicks Man handled the 440 yards in :21.17. The effort was normal and expected by Carter.

“This horse is just super. He walks in the gate and stands there and leaves the gate as good as a horse can leave,” Carter said. “He just blows to the end and makes the jockey look good.”

Coupled in the wagering with stable-mate SM Country Cowboy, Country Chicks Man went off as the 3-5 favorite. SM Country Cowboy actually crossed the finish in second position but was disqualified by the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission Stewards for interference at the start. He was placed last in the field of nine for the infraction.

The disqualification of SM Country Cowboy moved WRS Special Show up to second in the order of finish with Bullions N Garters awarded third.

The showing by Bullions N Garters kept her career streak alive of never finishing worse than third. In 31 career starts, Bullions N Garters has won 17 times with seven second-place finishes along with seven times in the show spot.

Country Chicks Man paid $3.20 to win, $2.20 to place and $2.10 to show. WRS Special Show paid $11.40 to place and $6.60 to show. Bullions N Garters returned $3.60 to show.

The Remington Park Championship was the 12th career win for Country Chicks Man from 32 lifetime attempts. He has won nine times in his career at Remington Park. Sired by Chicks Beduino, from the Zevi mare Country Zevi, Country Chicks Man picked up $92,500 for the win and moved his overall bankroll to $615,034.

The Remington Park Championship victory also gives Country Chicks Man an automatic berth into the prestigious $1 Million Champion of Champion race at Los Alamitos Racecourse in southern California in December this year. He will try to improve off his third-place showing in the 2006 Champion of Champions when he was defeated by World Champion Wave Carver by a neck.

The Championship also gave Mullins his 10th win of the season as an owner, which clinched his first Leading Owner title at Remington Park. The Wagoner, Okla. horsemen normally trains only the horses he has bred and owns.

Carter posted a riding triple on the final night of the season with his three stakes wins. He wraps his season with 95 wins, a new record for wins in a single Remington Park Quarter Horse season. The Pawhuska, Okla. native who resides in Oklahoma City finished the meeting with mount earnings of $1,608,689 which is also a new Remington Park record for this season.

The leading rider title is the 10th at Remington Park for Carter and his fourth consecutive dating back to 2004. He won 14 of the possible 29 stakes races offered this season.

Willis won the inaugural Jack Brooks Award for leading trainer with 43 wins. It is his fourth consecutive title as leading trainer and fourth overall. Willis also led all trainers in earnings with $879,588.

Remington Park named its leading trainer award after the recently retired Brooks, one of the all-time legends of the sport and Edmond, Okla. resident.

Mullins’ 10 wins as an owner was good enough to win that title by two victories. Of the 10 scores, four of those were stakes events.

The leading owner by earnings was James Sills thanks to his win with Southern Takes All in the Heritage Place Futurity, giving him $353,509.

The 50-cent minimum Remington Park Pick Six was hit on the final night of the season. The perfect ticket combination of 7-2-4 or 5-1-9-3 was worth $9,783.90, the highest payoff of the season in the wager.

The 50-date Remington Park season equals the longest contested for the American Quarter Horse/Mixed Breed session in Oklahoma City. The track also hosted a 50-date season last year. Final statistics for the season will be released later this week.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 3:08 pm

I was really pulling for Bullions N Garters...glad she stayed in the top 3...

SM Country Cowboy must have taken everyone out to get taken all the way to last! :roll:

Its a little crazy that all of Sparky's horses are running "Big" this year...or is everyone just paying more attention to him now?
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 3:34 pm

I was pulling for her too (partial to the girls, ya know) but CCM was just awesome, SI of 110. None of the websites were carrying Rem Pk last night so I didn't get to see any of those races. Maybe I'll hunt for a replay site and let you know if I find one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 4:09 pm

If CCM keeps this up, he should go down as one of the best ever. All he
needs is that world champion title king (which he should of got last year).
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 4:22 pm

I don't agree Justin - he hasn't been running with the BIG dogs...he is going to have to win more than 12 races out of 32 to have me singing a "Greatest" tune...I like Bullions N Garters better as well...she runs every single time and has forever! CCM didn't run well at all until his 4yo year and he had plenty of tries...

An all time great is a hard thing to accomplish - we'll see...

The year shall tell all...

And last year - I don't think he got robbed...just what I think though study
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 7:17 pm

I see what you're talking about, but I just have a bias for horses that run when they're older. Making money the hard way, like Tailor Fit, not getting it all in one race as a 2 year old. I got the program here and in 10 of his last 11 races it shows hes had an SI of 101 or better and the other was a 99. He's just so consistent. To me, the only knock on him going into yesterday was the fact that he was 2 of 10 going 440 yards, but 21.17, only 0.04 off the 8 year old track record says he can handle it now.

I don't think he got robbed last year either, but I think overall he was the best horse in the country. Everyone forgets that Wave Carver got beat in two derbies last year. If CCM was a neck better in the Champion of Champions, he would of been World Champion. If it would have been at Sunland or somewhere neutral where they all had to haul, I don't think they would have beat him.

I know he's not an all time great yet, I just think if he can keep it up at 440, (distance of the Champ. of Champs.) he's got to be put up there with the best of them.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 7:29 pm

I agree on Tailor Fit - I have a picture of him on my desk that was taken last fall at Kesmark in KY...my fiancee's little sister works up there, definately a cool gift!

Maybe as a 6yo instead of a 5yo he will be able to handle 440- not sure though. I don't think he was the best in the country...I think FDD Dynasty was running against tougher horses on a more regular basis...I'm sure there are other horses that were running better as well...He's a nice horse, no question about that, just don't think he was the best in the country last year...The 2yo crop last year was SMOKIN - there were some AMAZING horses that came out of it...we'll see who can come back as 3yos here in a couple months.

I can't WAIT to see who steps up this summer and fall - it should be an amazing year!!!
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 8:03 pm

I want to see the three year olds run too. I couldn't wait for them to run Remember Me Rose, but she didn't look that good at all. Maybe she'll come back in the finals, but she just didn't look ready in the trials.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 8:05 pm

I want the girls back...we'll see!

Such fun, such fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP   REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REMINGTON PARK CHAMPIONSHIP
Page 1 of 1