Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DELTA DOWNS DERBY TRIALS, MAY 31st

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

DELTA DOWNS DERBY TRIALS, MAY 31st Empty
PostSubject: DELTA DOWNS DERBY TRIALS, MAY 31st   DELTA DOWNS DERBY TRIALS, MAY 31st Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2007, 6:56 pm

COURTESY OF DELTA DOWNS.COM

DELTA DOWNS DERBY TRIALS TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAY

On Thursday night Delta Downs will host three trials for this year’s restricted Grade I $100,000-added Delta Downs Derby. The rich final is scheduled to take place on Saturday, June 16.

There will be a total of three trials on Thursday night that will qualify 10 finalists. The trial heats will take place on races six through eight.

Some of the more notable names taking part in this year’s Delta Downs Derby trials include Toast To My Mom, who captured last year’s Louisiana Champions Day Juvenile Stakes as a freshman before taking this year’s Billy Montgomery Stakes as a 3-year-old; Embrujos Devil, who is on a four-race winning streak including a victory in the Louisiana Purchase Stakes at Delta Downs on April 28; and Heza Jodys Toast, who won the Louisiana Graduation Stakes on May 12. riding

MAJOR DATES YET TO COME

There are two major race dates remaining in this year’s Quarter Horse Meeting at Delta Downs. They are Sunday, July 1 and Saturday July 14.

On Sunday, July 1 Delta Downs will feature this year’s Firecracker Futurity and Firecracker Derby, two of the most important Quarter Horse races in the country each year.

And on closing weekend of the season, Saturday, July 14, Delta Downs will host Louisiana Showcase Night, featuring seven stakes races for horses bred right here in Louisiana. The top offering on Louisiana Showcase Night is the Grade I Lee Berwick Futurity, named in honor of the man who built Delta Downs in 1973.

The trials for the Firecracker Futurity are on June 14th.........

The trials for the Firecracker Derby are on June 15th...........

Lee Berwick trials are on June 28th...........................

yeah
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

DELTA DOWNS DERBY TRIALS, MAY 31st Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELTA DOWNS DERBY TRIALS, MAY 31st   DELTA DOWNS DERBY TRIALS, MAY 31st Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2007, 7:12 pm

My First Passion finally had a work out - I hope he comes back with a BANG!!! Please oh please let him run in something big!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com

DELTA DOWNS DERBY TRIALS, MAY 31st
Page 1 of 1