Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

YOUR horses in training...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

YOUR horses in training... Empty
PostSubject: YOUR horses in training...   YOUR horses in training... Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2007, 8:28 pm

So - Who has horses in training? How are they coming???

My 2yo had his first work out of the gates last Thurs...he worked at Valhalla which is notoriously fast but oh well...worked a 10.09 breezing (the breezing part is acurate cheers , the 10.09 - lol! ..oh well, I'll take it coffee )...he is slated for another gate work on Sunday at Retama (should be a little more realistic time)...plan to run him the weekend of June 8-9-10...

The 3yo keeps coming up sore in his shins?!?!?! He's been x-rayed and everything, no problems scratch ...my opinion is that he is just a big fat baby and is neurotic...regardless he is on hold for a week or two...can't wait to see what he is...his momma earned over 60k...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: YOUR horses in training...   YOUR horses in training... Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2007, 10:21 pm

We've had a lot of bad luck so far this year, but it's gotta get better. Two
have shin bucked and are at home, one chipped her knee first out the
other day, one got claimed, and the good 870 horse is out for the year
from a tendon sheath tear. Mad

One of the 2 year olds looks good though, he's a Count Corona, and the
better bred Eyesa Special out of a First Place Dash mare has showed
nothing. It's funny how that works. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: YOUR horses in training...   YOUR horses in training... Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2007, 11:00 pm

I hear ya....

We've got a 3yo that had 3 wins as a 2yo and he is just sorta moseyin along - nothin too special...

The 3yo who's momma earned over 60k is so stinkin mentally immature its scary...

and my 2yo is by a little oklahoma stud named Paralyzing Eyes (he has a total of TWO foals!!!)...Justin, you at Retama in the mornings??
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: YOUR horses in training...   YOUR horses in training... Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2007, 11:14 pm

Ya I'm there except on monday when the track's closed I stay home and mow.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: YOUR horses in training...   YOUR horses in training... Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2007, 12:17 am

Sheesh, after this rain...ugh...I'm in Waco right now for work...been up here a lot lately unfortunately...

I'm headed down to San Antonio tomorrow afternoon - family stuff Fri and Sat but Garrett is hauling two of the boys in Sunday morning....my 2yo is ready for more company...he needs horses on BOTH sides now, not just one...
So we'll be around Sunday morning...
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: YOUR horses in training...   YOUR horses in training... Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2007, 11:38 pm

Ya it rained a lot today, but the track was pretty good tonight, the more
rain the better. Tomorrow they said we could get from 5-10 inches or
something, I hope it waits till after the 4th race.

I think I'll be there Sunday too. We're in barn 17 on the end where the
horsepath is so maybe I'll see ya. Be careful on the roads.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: YOUR horses in training...   YOUR horses in training... Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2007, 12:58 am

The track was pretty nice Sunday morning - wet, yes, but not half as bad as I thought it was going to be!

I didn't get to a computer until yesterday so I didn't know where ya were...

Garrett has to go back next Wednesday to get gate cards for my 2yo and one of the 3yos... We've decided to run my 2yo on the 16th...(he should get in since he has a 0 date...just hoping they fill the race which they should)
I can't go because of work but I'm really hoping the boys do ok...

I guess we'll see!!!!! riding

We've got the other 3yo aimed to the optional claiming non-winner in 07 on the 9th...such fun such fun! cheering

Maybe by Sam Houston I'll whip my old paint into shape and finish him out as a pony horse...I like making horsies walk instead of ME walking lol! Until then the goofy guy needs miles and time (which I have NONE of right now...so fatter and lazier he gets) icecream
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: YOUR horses in training...   YOUR horses in training... Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2007, 5:38 pm

Sorry I didn't go Sunday anyway, I've had the flu or something with all theses allergies. Just feel really drained.

We have the same problem with our pony, he needs lots of miles. He used to be a barrel horse and I guess they tried to run him a couple of times before that, but he's a nut going to the track. He can't just walk, hes got to be prancing or jogging and it scares the babies so we don't use him much. He just eats and drinks. pig We're trying to find him a new home.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: YOUR horses in training...   YOUR horses in training... Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2007, 7:11 pm

My pony walks just fine and he is slowly getting used to having someone right next to him...He's actually a lot further along than I give him credit for...

YOUR horses in training... Left
This is an older pic of the goofy guy...his butt is all dirty in it but oh well!

He's big and stout...just needs a little time spent with him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOUR horses in training...   YOUR horses in training... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YOUR horses in training...
Page 1 of 1