Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scamp's sick AGAIN!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Scamp's sick AGAIN! Empty
PostSubject: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 5:20 pm

Now, something's getting funky here. Vet's going to pull blood tomorrow. Trent's bringing back medicine after work. I should've known something was funky, he was starting to stretch his neck out, he had gotten ulcers before when he got pneumonia last year, and TripleJ and I were just talking about that this past weekend... he was off his feed Monday morning, gave him oats instead, sure 'nuf this morning, he's got yellow snot.

He's in a very clean stall, but was changed to Kid's stall, after we built up the dirt. Maybe fans running at night did it or something.... I don't know, but for criminey sakes! I don't think it has anything to do with the dirt, wouldn't think so.

I'll get him fixed real quick. Last time within a day he felt better. Just got him over those gosh-darned warts! Course Jazz has 'em now..... stupid weather!
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 5:54 pm

Jeezes can't you do things right! haha you know i'm kidding. That sucks, hopefully it does clear up soon. i wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the dirt either..
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 6:08 pm

Sip, I just love your new picture to the left. Girl, you're just absolutely gorgeous! Gonna have to get you to move to Texas... get you hooked up with my youngest... HA! Just joshing! But I'd take ya! tehe!

It may be the fans. I don't think we've had any cool nights, but he's in a different stall, he's not stressing, 'cuz Jazz is right beside him... something's funky going on, and he's getting turned out every day. Haven't started to work him yet... so that's not it.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 6:11 pm

Thanks, is he cute? ahah I need a boyfriend! lol how about I come and take a visit to your house? lol

Maybe someone just really is jealous of him and came over and gave him something? haha I have no idea, i was jokin about that
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 6:17 pm

Well, I think he is, course I'm kind of his mom, so ya know...Dillon's a monster though... and just think any time you had school projects that required during Roman and before and after days, you'd be set to go! So don't move to Arizona... move to Texas! I can promise you nobody would mess with you if Dillon was around... and if he can't handle it, I'm sure Trent would jump in, too....I know one thing if you came strutting in on his arm, all the girls in his school would drop! That'd be absolutely hilarious! I'd pay to see that! He's kind of shy though. He's a big ole' teddy bear...
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 6:24 pm

haha that would be great lol! I would do it! haha Don't think I can get my parents to switch states though, you better be expecting a visit this winter Razz
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 9:21 pm

Sure thing, I can get you on over from Phoenix or anywhere like that and have you shipped to DFW in no time... HA!

And I apologize, I probably sound like I'm always trying to set my sons up, but gosh darnit, you see all you young'uns that are so accomplished, willing to work hard, showing horses, and all your other attributes, and it's just hard....plus I've got something in common with ya... horses! HA! And I sure wouldn't mind having a great photographer close by... tehe! Just have this fear of some hoochie coochie dating my sons! ARGH!

I already know you'll accomplish great things in your life, with all the talent you have... and we'll all be saying... I knew her when.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 9:38 pm

aww thanks! I know your not trying to set them up Smile I know you just want the best for him (me) lol JK! haha, you know I would love to be your daughter-in-law affraid lol
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 10:01 pm

It's a plan then! HA! 'Cept we're going to have to change that accent. I can barely understand Kell (Phenom) half the time... I give her heckie pookie about it.

Trent dated this one girl last year during football, and I didn't see her much at the house...I didn't say a word, but Lordy that was one hoochie mama... and she probably wasn't yet, but she was getting there... nasty! She was no where near good enough for my son - nope, no way!

And I let her know real quick, by GAWD, that the first person that my son gets a hug from when he comes off that football field is me, PERIOD, END OF STORY! Rick's like... gosh, babe, you don't have to be so rude. I don't care, she's not going to be around for long anyway... within ear shot of her... and my mom and sisters were just a cackling back behind me.

Trent's got a sweet, lovely girl for his girlfriend now, and I love her mom to death, we raised our kids very similar, so we agree on everything, and she keeps a tight rein on her, and she's like a daughter to me now - ought to be, she's over here every day except Sundays when Trent has to work all day.

Sorry.... got off on a tangent there... got that she-wolf thing going on!

But we'd love to have you if you ever want to visit! Bring the danged camera though, okay! HA!
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 10:20 pm

No we don't even have accents, sorry we pronounce our words! lol Razz jk haha

Thats awsome that Trent has a gf that you like, its way more fun for both you and her when you guys get a long and everything. My parents are really tight with me too. They don't care if I have a boyfriend but they don't let me do much. I know it will get better as i grow up and know its because that i'm a girl lol.

I'm comming to visit, I promise, as soon as I can get permission from my rents when we move, I'll bring my camera for sure!!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 10:48 pm

He can have ulcers in his throat. GET ON TOP OF THAT FAST! Lost a weanling to it. Next came the runs, fever, swollen glands. and went down hill in a hurry, glad he is older.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 10:50 pm

Yuck, I hope you can get him all cleared up so he feels better! Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2007, 2:01 am

hope he gets to feeling better keep us posted please! kind of curious.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2007, 8:14 am

Well, he's had his first day of medication yesterday. I had some ulcer medicine still left over from last time, so I got him on that quick as soon as I knew what was up.

He ate all of his feed last night, so that's a good sign. When he got pneumonia last year, that's when he got the ulcers, just from stress of the pneumonia. Big titty baby - I swear, he's so much like his dad it's not even funny....

No snots this morning... vet sent some high powered powder to put in his feed, and I'm glad he ate it last night. This ulcer medicine, the vet said, is like Tagamet, seems to work. I give him these 5 pills in a syringe and they melt real quick, twice a day.

I think it had something to do with the fans. One fan was on high - I didn't do that and another was on medium. I think we must have had a cool night, and he got sort of a sore throat and it went from there.

So if you get a horse that's sticking his neck out kind of funny - well, sort of like we want them to do when we show halter, he's probably got ulcers. At least I know the tell tale signs to look for.

Oh, and he has no fever this morning, so that's good. He'll be fine... he ate most of his hay last night, too. Poop looks like it did before, and he is seriously up in my face... Mom, scratch me, Mom, pet me... big titty baby.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2007, 6:30 pm

Well, I'm glad he's feeling much better now!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2007, 11:01 pm

I am so glad he is feeling better! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2007, 8:42 am

Well, he was doing a lot better, then got his feed a bit... not all, just a bit... Well, I was just sick and tired of messing with it. Vet came last night to make sure the mares were pregnant... Cool's not - I've about had it with that danged heifer... anyhoo, so I got him to pull blood on Scamp.

He said no respiratory problems whatsoever, was clear as a bell. Last night when I stopped at the store to get some gas, vet was there, and he'd ran all sorts of tests on the blood, and zip, everything was as it should be, all levels, blah, blah, blah... He says... "Sheila, there's nothing wrong with that colt, except probably ulcers, and he's a wuss, and start cramming the ulcer medicine down him."

At some point, I'm goign to get him scoped by another vet and see how bad these ulcers are...

So me and Bluejay have wussy colts! I swear these boys!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2007, 9:18 am

Girl, Girl, if he keeps this up, can you Say Good Bye ole boy and let him go down the road. He sure is young for this pattern. No
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2007, 1:02 pm

He initially got the ulcers last year when he got pneumonia. I'm just having the dickens with everything this year.... not as bad as some, thank goodness, but criminey sakes alive! Enough is enough!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scamp's sick AGAIN!   Scamp's sick AGAIN! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scamp's sick AGAIN!
Page 1 of 1