Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mares

Go down 
+2
Justin
Kidd Kuhlmann
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2007, 10:10 am

Does anyone know what the plan is with Sweet Bye And Bye's 2005 colt? Or what he looks like? I know he didn't go through a sale and I'm really kinda curious as to what Separatist did for her! He isn't nominated to anything to date in California that I could find...

When did My Strawberry Chick die? (dam of My First Passion)

Does anyone know how many 2005 foals Imjumpn and First Prize Dash had?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 12:03 am

I'm glad you mentioned Sweet Bye And Bye. She's a great mare. I was a little kid when she was running back at Bandera. Larry Sharp is one of my dad's best friends, so I'll have him ask him what they had out of her this year next time he talks to him. He sold her to Steve Burns a few years ago, but he should know. I saw a Corona Cartel out of Bye Bye Im Gone, SBAB's dam, and it won its Remington Futurity trial or ran second, but don't know if it qualified or what.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 3:33 am

Hi: According to Equineline:

Cosino-QH
4722732 2005 Colt Corona Cartel-QH First Prize Dash-QH
First Prize Fancy-QH
4736070 2005 Filly Mr Jess Perry-QH First Prize Dash-QH
First Prize Honey-QH
4726840 2005 Filly Mr Jess Perry-QH First Prize Dash-QH
First Prize I Am-QH
4722714 2005 Colt Eyesa Special-QH First Prize Dash-QH
First Timber-QH
4722716 2005 Colt Oak Tree Special-QH First Prize Dash-QH

I think this bunch would be hard pressed to beat her 2004 crop but not to say it couldn't be done..... Very Happy

Imjumpn had a bigger crop in 2004:

Always Jumpn-QH
4644113 2004 Gelding Check Him Out-QH Imjumpn-QH
Jumpnback-QH
4628812 2004 Colt Check Him Out-QH Imjumpn-QH
Jumpnout-QH
4628811 2004 Filly Check Him Out-QH Imjumpn-QH
Juschecknitout-QH
4623033 2004 Filly Check Him Out-QH Imjumpn-QH

Checkedchic-QH
4783425 2005 Filly Check Him Out-QH Imjumpn-QH
Imcheckn-QH
4785665 2005 Colt Check Him Out-QH Imjumpn-QH

Michael Davenport Wink
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 9:27 am

Jeesh - I swear with some of these mares they need to set the reports up like the stallion pages...5 foals is a LOT...Definately nice horses though!

I'm curious to see Sweet Bye and Bye's Separatist colt....I want to see how that cross works...should be a fun one!

I just didn't know that My Strawberry Chick was dead...I'm hoping that My First Passion can step up a little as a 3yo...we have a vested inerest in that female family staying active!
Back to top Go down
Andy Gooding

Andy Gooding

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 10:50 pm

What is everyone's favorite female line in a pedigree?
Back to top Go down
http://www.andygoodingequine.com
smokey

smokey

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 11:33 pm

I'm guessing that you mean the broodmare sire...........if so I don't think you can beat a Runaway Winner momma these days and Dash For Cash will always be right on top as lately evidenced by First Prize Dash progeny.

I have a dumb pedigree question I hope you can answer:

Fast First Prize is by Heza Fast Man and out of First Prize Dash and her filly, Fast Prize Doll by Mr. Jess Perry ran 5th in the Remington Park Futurity this year. What is Fast Prize Doll's relationship to First Carolina, First Prize Robin et al?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2007, 12:23 am

Well, I typed out a pedigree but can't get it up here...
Basically it is as follows.
Fast Prize Doll and First Carolina have the same sire so that 50% is the same.

First Carolina is a half sister to Fast Prize Doll's dam...thus First Carolina and First Prize Doll have 25% the same.

Genetically speaking there is a 25% difference with Fast Prize Doll having a 25% variant by having Heza Fast Man as a broodmare sire.

SO - genetically they are 75% similar.

On a SALE page - First Carolina would be listed under Fast Prize Doll's 2nd Dam - thus on her foals' pages it would be under the 3rd dam.

That make any sense?
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2007, 4:44 am

Wow: So in other words they're 3/4 sisters? But I think I'll need to read it all again tomorrow because there are just too dang many firsts, fasts, and prizes to try to figure out at this time of the morning. This could end up being a good test for the police to give drunks to determine their level of intoxication. Sure makes me dizzy and all I drink is a wine cooler or two (but none tonight). Thanks for defining the relatives of this speedy family of beautiful racehorses............. First Prize Dash is a gorgeous momma. cheers

P.S. I think they should stick to the Mr Jess Perry genes as it's a proven winner(s) and would make it much easier to figure out relationships. Do you have one of those pedigree programs that you plug info into or maybe you're just a very smart lady who likes pedigree research. Ain't it fun!!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2007, 10:41 am

I WISH I had a cool pedigree program - alas, no. I LOVE genetics and pedigrees and seeing what works and what doesn't...
My soon to be father in law has to tolerate me telling him who to breed to and which mares to buy Rolling Eyes Actually - I'll talk to everyone who will listen Very Happy When I was in college the guy who owned the barn where I kept my 2yo ranch horses that I was breaking had race horses... I love getting into discussions with him...so far my suggestions have been pretty good for the sale ring - now we just need to see how they work on the track...

I would be happy looking at pedigrees and crosses all day long and I can usually find a ton of information on horses when given enough time...sometimes those pedigree programs are wrong - I had an old TB mare who produced a nice QH - we looked her up in a program and it had her but said she hadn't done anything on the track - I did some more digging and she was a winner, her momma was a winner, etc... doesn't REALLY matter when the mare is 23 years old - but heck, it is still FUN!
Back to top Go down
southdakota racer

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2007, 11:19 am

Andy Gooding wrote:
What is everyone's favorite female line in a pedigree?

Harem's Choice as far as looks I just love the looks of Royal Quick Dash and Regal Choice and the whole family I guess and the grandget of that family. Another one is the Cherry Lake family. Like that one as well. They combine to produce probably my favorite Walter Merrick horse. Royal Shake Em. I will be collecting mares from that line as budget allows!haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.swanequine.com
Karen Cummings

Karen Cummings

Number of posts : 17

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2007, 11:29 am

Southdakota,

If you are collecting mares from that line, you might have an interest in a 3 yr. old that I have. Her name is High Class Broad 2004--she is a gray by Royal Shake Em out of Streaking Out by Heza Fast Man out of Streaking First by First Down Dash out of Streakinton Home by Streakin Six out of Bringitonhome by Dash For Cash out of Cherry Lake. She is 4X4 to Cherry Lake t/f through 1/2 sisters Rain Onya and Bringitonhome.

She got pneumonia as a two year old and has only had two starts as a three. Possibility that the pneumonia may affect her racing ability. She is a full sis to a minor SPW. Because I am cutting back on my horses, she will be for sale.

If interested, e-mail me privately.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2007, 1:58 pm

KIDD: I'VE GOT TO RUN BUT I'VE GOT ANOTHER PEDIGREE QUESTION FOR YOU LATER WHEN I GET ALL THE INFO TOGETHER AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Karen Cummings

Karen Cummings

Number of posts : 17

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2007, 2:13 pm

When someone asks me my favorite female family in a pedigree, what comes to my mind is not the maternal grandsire but the t/f family. In the case of Imperatrice it would be female family # 2, Cherry Lake female family # 10, Corona Chick female family # 4, etc. However, in the case of Harems Choice, there is no female family because she is QH t/f.

Here is a website that some might find interesting:

http://www.reines-de-course.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mares Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mares   Mares Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mares
Page 1 of 1