Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Regional shows

Go down 
+8
QHorse163
Bluejay
CantJog
PHENOMADACIOUS
lovetoshow
SuperLope
LovingLoping
7cedars
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Regional shows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 11:04 pm

well. your in PA?, im in nj, so i know its a slight haul to me, but if my mom and i go, and we have room, your more then welcome to come with us.

we're not scary. promise. we are just ornery, and mean. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CantJog

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 11:27 pm

At regionals, Snoop was 3rd in the Am HUS (2- 2nds and a 4th). The indoor vendors could not have had worse timing, LOL! All of them were breaking down racks, etc. Snoopy pulled a "giraffe" move down the whole one side of the pen, LOL! He won the Sr HUS (3-1sts I think?). I couldn't asked for a better ride after the Amateur fiasco!

My thoughts on the Regionals... I LOVED every part of it!! It was cheap-ish for us because of only showing one day (one hotel night, less meals, etc) compared to other shows. The atmosphere was A+! Very laid back. Its really hard to tell right now if it will be a bonus for the horse or the owner? Hopefully it will continue to grow in numbers and in prestige!

Besides graduation (EEEK!!), the only other exciting stuff going on is we have a foal by Protect Your Assets, out of our nice Red Dee Hobby mare due in about a week. She slipped her's from Good Terms late '05 so we are REALLY anxious for this baby, LOL! I need to get a digital video of her 2yo by Lopin Slow next time I see her. "Hocky" AKA "Dee Slow One" is NICE!! Hocky's Full sister "A Red Hot Babe" is now in foal to Hot Impulse for an '08. Oh!! And our mini donkey is in foal to another mini Very Happy We'll be up to our eyeballs in babies next year, LOL

Whoa this is long!! I appologise Embarassed
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 8:27 am

No problem, I asked. HA! Sounds like you did a bang-up job this past year at Regionals! I think you'll keep your title, and maybe even do better in AM HUS if the vendors aren't bringing everything down. Jeesh! Bad enough you've got to deal with yourself and your horse, and then have to deal with that.

You know, I might visit our regional show this year and see what's up, the competition, etc. Sounds like a blast!

Graduation? Are you getting your masters?

When your mare dominoes, put up some pics, please. Excited for you to get these babies on the ground. Did your mini have a baby this year, too, or just for next year? I have a friend that has a mini donkey, and those are the most cutest things when they're born, ears and all!

Definitely sounds like you've got things popping over there.

Somebody asked me the other day what the "rail shirts" were... can you explain. I remember them talking about it on the AQHA forum, but I wasn't listening. They're wanting to know the proper attire all the way from showmanship, WP, horsemanship, to HUS. I told them the best person to ask would be you.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 9:52 am

Quote :
I LOVED every part of it!! It was cheap-ish for us because of only showing one day (one hotel night, less meals, etc) compared to other shows. The atmosphere was A+! Very laid back. Its really hard to tell right now if it will be a bonus for the horse or the owner? Hopefully it will continue to grow in numbers and in prestige!

I 2nd that!!! It was my favorite show last year! cheers
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 11:46 am

Region 5 here Cool
Back to top Go down
MrFlashyPasser

MrFlashyPasser

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2007, 11:13 pm

We will probably never show at ours since it is over 12 hours away in Oklahoma Mad , two others are closer than that including one that is only six hours away. It's also during school and during a local AQHA show. Don't know why they let that happen. I also heard some rumblings that people from our local association have been boycotting that show every year at least while it is in Oklahoma. No Never actually asked why, but I assume some of why we don't show there is part of it.

It is just way too expensive to show there, probably cost me at least $3k for us to show there with the hauling expenses alone being about half of the cost. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://silvercharm.digitalphotochat.com/gallery
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2007, 7:52 am

I think we're in the same zone, Flashypasser. Is it in Tulsa? That's even a good oh, five and a half to six hours for me... I know somebody said Ted Turner was supposed to be there, so we'll see. I'm not even sure when it is!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2007, 8:32 am

I just checked on the Region 8... heck, that thing is next week, and it doesn't say anything about Ted Turner coming. I might, if I still have Scamp, go next year... we'll see. I just don't know if I can get a horse ready in the cold - we'll see....
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2007, 9:34 am

Quote :
I just don't know if I can get a horse ready in the cold - we'll see....

pppffftt! What cold??? Crazy woman Rolling Eyes

pray
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2007, 6:16 pm

I'm so psyched haha ours is going to be in the same place it was last year but it is the weekend after the big New England circuit (which is probably a little too much for me this year) so it looks like I might be going to regionals haha I dont really mind that it isn't pointed I'm showing mostly novice this year anyway so I'm not trying to get to the world show or anything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regional shows   Regional shows - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regional shows
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2