Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MY site is up!

Go down 
+3
stockman
Bucks&Blues
TwoEyedChelly
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TwoEyedChelly

TwoEyedChelly

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-02

MY site is up! Empty
PostSubject: MY site is up!   MY site is up! Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 2:06 pm

Hey everyone, you can checkout my site now. I put my horse pictures up so you can see what my funky colours colt looks like. Please let me know what colour you think he is going to be. He is under Soldier. Also for those who had suggestions about the bucking horse. He is Red. Check him out.

www.freewebs.com/chelseyhattum
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/chelseyhattum
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

MY site is up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY site is up!   MY site is up! Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 2:23 pm

Ooh yay the guessing game cheers !.

Hmm, Grulla, Buckskin, or chestnut?

Watch, he will shed out to be NONE of those!

Im going through that right along with you. My stud colt is a buckskinish, smokish blackish, chocolate brownish something or other with a dorsal stripe and leg bars on the front end. Question Question
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

MY site is up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY site is up!   MY site is up! Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 2:46 pm

My gosh, you have quite alot of horses!! I don't think I could take care of so many-3 is hard enough for me! Lookd like they all have quite a bit of winter coat left to get rid of thanks to the good old Canadian winter! Do you leave them out all winter? No telling what your crazy colored one will turn out looking like when she sheds, she got a little of every color going on there! I don't think I've seen one quite like that. Anyway, your site looks nice, thanks for sharing all the hhorsy pictures!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

MY site is up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY site is up!   MY site is up! Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 3:07 pm

GOSH! I agree. I see a palomino and a bay and what looks to be maybe a gray roan/blue roan in the background and maybe even a grullo colored looking one too! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

MY site is up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY site is up!   MY site is up! Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 3:20 pm

I thought it looked like he would shed out a bay or brown. But who knows! haha. Let us know how he turns out.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

MY site is up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY site is up!   MY site is up! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 5:26 am

Hey there Chelsey.... Allow me to take some guesswork out of it for you.... Wink what color were his sire and dam? is he registered if so, what association, and whats his registered name?

My guess without knowing the color genetic background, is with the black fur coming in (the brown fur is being shedded by the looks of it), and the frosted mane (I cannot see any leg barring, so I will leave the dun genes out of my guess), is he is turning buckskin.

if you could answer those questions for me, I can tell you what they can create, and what is off the list for sure.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

MY site is up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY site is up!   MY site is up! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 7:10 am

he looks like he is greying to me
Back to top Go down
TwoEyedChelly

TwoEyedChelly

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-02

MY site is up! Empty
PostSubject: hmm   MY site is up! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 5:40 pm

His papers haven't gotten sent away yet. his father is a 4 generation buckskin, and his mother is an old grey mare, but they told me that when she was like three, she was a sorrel, and turned light grey in her old age. he is AQH.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/chelseyhattum
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

MY site is up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY site is up!   MY site is up! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 7:25 pm

TwoEyedChelly wrote:
His papers haven't gotten sent away yet. his father is a 4 generation buckskin, and his mother is an old grey mare, but they told me that when she was like three, she was a sorrel, and turned light grey in her old age. he is AQH.

alright, so we have buckskin, and a red based grey. The foal depeding on the homozygousity of the grey mare has a 50% chance of greying out. This is about normally the time that they will begin to grey.

So red X Buckskin (Black based, with agouti and one creme gene)

your foal color outcomes are:

Buckskin
Palomino
Smokey Black
bay
black
red
With a 50% chance of greying out, provided the dam only carries one grey modifier.

He may be greying out, turning black, or buckskin LOL

Give him a couple months to shed out that baby fur/winter fur, and you will know Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MY site is up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY site is up!   MY site is up! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MY site is up!
Page 1 of 1