Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Empty
PostSubject: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 12:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzIPE1oTCmg

Im not so sure, Im looking into 2008 breedings and well, I want to breed to a cremello. So what ya think.
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 12:52 pm

I have looked at his website. I like him. I'm not a WP expert, but I do like him.

denise
Back to top Go down
B3

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 12:58 pm

At the risk of being reamed a new one, I think he has too much knee for a WP, IMO. Lots of suspension at the trot, yes, but way too much knee both at the jog/trot and at the lope/canter. Pretty color, pretty head and nice neck, but if I were looking for a WP prospect, I'd keep looking.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:01 pm

I just finished browsing his website and watching the video - he looks like a fun dude...however, I am prally the LAST person in the world to ask about WP - I haven't ridden one since I rode for TAMU and that was a one eared donkey with club feet
so, no WP for me...did it when i was little and did it one year in college and i said enough! back to somethin with a RUSH hehehe, I'm in it for the thrills!

He's a cutie though, I'd keep one of his babies (it wouldn't know what hit it)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:02 pm

What have they shown him in?
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:03 pm

Well Baymare, That's pretty much what I thought. But, I thought maybe I was looking to hard. Oh, well the search goes not. Any one know of any.

At the risk of being reamed a new one, um I think that is over.
Back to top Go down
B3

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:22 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
At the risk of being reamed a new one, um I think that is over.

Oh, I don't, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:23 pm

baymare wrote:
At the risk of being reamed a new one, I think he has too much knee for a WP,

I don't think anybody is going to ream you out. Everyone should be able to express his/her opinion without worry about ticking someone off. Ya know, what makes these forums so valuable is that we can learn from other people's experiences. People have the choice to take the advice or leave it, but I have benefitted way too much from the advice I have received since starting on these forums. I am basically a trail rider and I do not have AQHA show quality horses. Yet, this past year, my daughter won lots of ribbons in her 4H and open shows and we had a ball. Most of that was because of the things that I was able to glean on these forums like grooming tips, apparel tips, mane banding, overall showing tips, etc.
Back to top Go down
B3

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:26 pm

Denise, you are exactly right - these forums can be excellent places to learn. Many congrats to your daughter on her accomplishments last year! If there is anything at all I can do to help you, please feel free to drop me a line anytime. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:28 pm

I can't agree more - I was new at the old AQHA forum and I was on the Racing forum primarily, I just jumped to the show one for giggles...besides you funky show people do some crrrrrazy stuff Razz that I'd never even think of!

I like hearing everyone's opinion and perspective...bein around race horse people can wear on you...Hearing all of your ideas, etc makes me remember why I used to like to show...I looooove it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:31 pm

Thanks. I appreciate it. Last year was her first year riding and this year she's showing the same horse. He's 28 now and I don't think that they can really go on to the next level together with his age, but I know that she is safe with him and her confidence has really soared. I expect after this year, we'll be looking to step up to another horse. She just has to decide what events she really wants to do. With him, it's been great because she's been able to do WP, SMS, trail and then turn around and run him in the youth barrels and poles. I'll be posting pics later in the season and you guys can advise away.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:32 pm

Found another Cremello, but he doesn't have a video on line. Shoot! And one of these days, I will take time how to upload all this stuff from the computer. OH, Well I have a year.

Guess, We'll have to see about the rough waters. Hope it will be smooth sailing. Very Happy

Last edited by on April 13th 2007, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
B3

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:34 pm

Kidd wrote:
...besides you funky show people do some crrrrrazy stuff Razz that I'd never even think of!

LMAO - that's so true! I've often wondered to myself how nutty we must look to observers who aren't familiar with the horse show world, or with horses in general. People must think we're certifiable, rubbing grease on our horse's faces, painting their toenails, running vacuum cleaners over them, fixing their manes all fancy, putting wigs in their tails...etc., etc. And that's just the "makeup" part of it...don't even get started on riding!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 2:43 pm

He's ok. I agree, too much knee for my taste. Certainly not the worst I've seen, but I wouldn't use him as a stud.

A nice one (not cremello, but palomino) is Reinvest In Gold. He is pretty much just getting started and his babies have done very well in lunge line and everone seems to be pretty impressed with his "kids." (Although I haven't seen a video or anything, so this is 2nd hand info.)
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 11:22 pm

i have to agree with the rest, he has a smooth gait, but too much knee action for a seriously competative WP horse.

no offense to anyone, JMO.

I know that big time WP classes are hard hard hard, and to be able to compete you need a smooth flat knee'ed mover!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 11:31 pm

denibun

Don't forget to let me know where you are showing. We will have to meet up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video   Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check this out for Western Pleasure Movement. Video
Page 1 of 1