Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ratchin Spectacle

Go down 
+5
Triple J Quarter Horses
jools
Bluejay
PHENOMADACIOUS
7cedars
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 3:19 pm

The Best Of Both Worlds

Ratchin Spectacle
1994 Chestnut overo
16 hands

Superior Western Please
27 AMT Western Pleasure Points
ROM open Halter
1996 International Reserve Champion 2 YR old Snaffle Futurity
1996 Reserve 2 yr old Snaffle Battle Of The Breeds Futurity
1995 ESPHC Reserve Hi Point Halter Stallion
1996 ESPHC Hi Point AMT Halter Stallion
1996 OPHC Reserve Halter Stallion
Sire of Futurity Winners
Hi Points
ROM's and one foal with over 180 performance points.

"Who says you can't have it all? Halter in the morning, ride in the afternoon"
Ratchin Spectacle 1111065869

Ratchin Spectacle 100_0397

Ratchin Spectacle 100_1063
Ratchin Spectacle Specks3yearsold
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 8:08 pm

Tara, I just absolutely loved Ratchett! Did you ever get to meet his owner? If I'm getting my paint people right, I think he was from Kansas, right? I met him at a Shawnee sale one time, many moons ago. To me, those old paint stallions, Mr. Robin Boy, Sonny's Luckychance, Ratchett, Jetalito, etc. just to name a few, really could do it all!

The last picture, if you didn't know any better, looks like it's out of Special Effects.

Are you still going to get to bring him down this summer? I hope so. There's a real need for an all arounder producer around these parts!
Back to top Go down
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 8:14 pm

If it was the right guy when Specks won the futurity in Canada the guy came up and was talking to me asking who my stallion was sired by. He was a past APHA president and I swear he said he had owned Ratchett. I have a picture of my trainer at the time this man and my stud taken that day. I will find it and post it. He spent about an hour talking to my trainer and I so I am sure he was the owner of Ratchett.

This was 11 years ago now so my memory is foggy on what his name was.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 8:22 pm

I think that's him - had to ask Rick. We're almost positive he as an APHA president. He was up at Shawnee, and my friend introduced me to him, he was holding.... y'all will love this, a palamino mare! HA!

When you get him down here, let me know if he'll be available for breeding season this next year. I know some friends that want to breed to a paint stallion, and I'll sure send them your way.

Tara, do you remember some other paint greats...I liked Barlink Macho Man, but we may have to go back a bit. I just remember those four or five horses racking up all the points and seemed like everything was out of them. What's the bottom side of your stud (that is, I'm assuming Ratchett's from the top side)?
Back to top Go down
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 8:31 pm

Here is the picture I had to do some digging through my horse files to find it. I have a desk that is loaded with horse stuff and old pictures that I really need to have up and framed LOL

Ratchin Spectacle 100_1067
Back to top Go down
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 9:00 pm

His bottom side he is a grandson of Emphasis a black and white tovero
Emphasis Paint really some nice breeding on him.

Old paint studs were like ratchet his sire mardelle dixon, Mark IV the painted robin of course and umm heck not that old but Special Affects..Mighty Awesome, Music maker, my brain is having a freeze on any others at the moment.

I will be bringing him home when I go to NY this summer. I am ordering another stall WITH a stud wall this time. All I have here are open bar stalls and that is not going to work with the big guy LOL
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 9:11 pm

Again!!! You people and your spots!!! I'm going thru withdrawl!!! Sad

lol!
He's a COOL cat Tara! afro Is he about a 100% producer?
Back to top Go down
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 9:14 pm

He has been about 85% on color. Oddest thing is the loudest foals by him have been out of QH mares. Hey you should be having a spotted one yourself soon...maybe it will be a filly...and maybe she will be for sale...and maybe Specks could have a little girl waiting to grow up and be his GF cheers
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 10:08 pm

Mardelle Dixon, that's another good 'un - forgot about him.

Me and Rick's been trying to figure out Rachett owner's name. We think it was Bill something, but for the life of me, I can't remember his last name. He was a very, very nice guy!

Also, I was always partial to Hot Scotch Man, but with him and Awesome, that's coming forward a few years.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 10:18 pm

Quote :
He has been about 85% on color. Oddest thing is the loudest foals by him have been out of QH mares. Hey you should be having a spotted one yourself soon...maybe it will be a filly...and maybe she will be for sale...and maybe Specks could have a little girl waiting to grow up and be his GF

...prayin for a filly...prayin for a filly...prayin for a filly...

Wink
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 12:29 am

He has such a great coat pattern.. Very nice horse.. Bet he would give you paly color on you big mamma...scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 10:08 am

Bluejay wrote:
He has such a great coat pattern.. Very nice horse.. Bet he would give you paly color on you big mamma...scratch

I actually am thinking of breeding him to her when she foals next year. Would love to get a yellow paint foal to show.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 10:30 am

Tara, that'd be a whale of a baby with that cross!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 11:36 am

Yes it would.. cheers And, Paly paint is a very desirable color.. And add all the pretty and you got it made.. Would be fun to see that one.. Now we have a whole year to bug you about doing it.. LOL Basketball
Back to top Go down
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 11:40 am

Bluejay wrote:
Yes it would.. cheers And, Paly paint is a very desirable color.. And add all the pretty and you got it made.. Would be fun to see that one.. Now we have a whole year to bug you about doing it.. LOL Basketball

My husband keeps bugging me too so you will be in good company with him LOL. I will breed him to Miracles mom next year then the following year I might try crossing him on my Coolest daughter. I know I want to one day have a foal sired by him that will continue in his shoes so maybe one of those 2 foals will be just that.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 11:58 am

Another great idea.. Tell your husband he has a team now.. OK, so we start waiting for pictures...Basketball

Color is so exciting.. I love it. Appy is the same way. There is just something about that foal coming out and the surprise.. Way more fun then brown Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jools

Number of posts : 168

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 2:19 pm

Hey Tara bounce Love your guy...Can't wait to sort the photo thing Suspect want to send you photos of my Mare alien I love you Boy they could have AMAZING babies Basketball Basketball Has your boy been OWLS tested?? scratch
I have not gotten my Mare tested yet flower
Back to top Go down
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 2:22 pm

jools wrote:
Hey Tara bounce Love your guy...Can't wait to sort the photo thing Suspect want to send you photos of my Mare alien I love you Boy they could have AMAZING babies Basketball Basketball Has your boy been OWLS tested?? scratch
I have not gotten my Mare tested yet flower

He is OWLS negative, that abbreviation for the term always makes me laugh BTW hoot hoot my horse has no owls LOL
Back to top Go down
jools

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 8:16 am

Hey No I know what you mean pirat So cool afro Negative We have only tongue got the pond to negotiate next bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 11:08 am

Love his color pattern, Boy, Id hate to have to draw his markings, good thing they do Pictures.Wink
Back to top Go down
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 11:10 am

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Love his color pattern, Boy, Id hate to have to draw his markings, good thing they do Pictures.Wink

Neither of my vets do the picture coggins LOL They always looked at me like damn you damn you and your hard to draw horse
Back to top Go down
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 11:24 am

I also owned his half sister, I sold her when I bought him back.

Ratchin Spectacle Mezzie6
Ratchin Spectacle Mezzie11
Back to top Go down
jools

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 11:42 am

bounce Tara Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Hey flower Sweets is very like the half sister bounce Above hock & knee 4 stockings afro & whole face white geek Sorrell the same colour alien wonderful I say Razz Cool cyclops
Back to top Go down
B2

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 11:46 am

Jools you need to get some pictures on here so we can see your horses.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 5:16 pm

sorry to cut in here...... but I just wanted to say that the term for the Lethal White Overo Syndrome... is LWOS... LOL people used to refer to it as OWLS but truely, it is LWOS... I said it once to a good friend of mine (whom is also a paint breeder) and she just laughed at me for a good 20 minutes cause I said OWLS.... Embarassed

Anyways, Your boy looks like a Sabino Frame overo to me tara. But more often than not, you will get a large amount of color off of your QH mares, because many quarterhorse mares do carry the overo pattern, hence how we get cropout QH's. Thats also why it is so important to test your stallion's for LWOS, to help guarantee the avoidance of a Lethal foal. It is just as possible for a QH mare to carry LWOS as it is for a breeding stock paint with Overo in their lines.

His half sister sure is cute! I'd LOVE to have her! lol

But yes, he is a very nice stallion!!! Him and big momma have a 50/50 shot of throwing a pally, and 50/50 on paint (with high chances of sabino Wink)

But I do think it would be a nice halter prospect!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ratchin Spectacle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchin Spectacle   Ratchin Spectacle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ratchin Spectacle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Classifieds :: Stallion Alley-
Jump to: