Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome Lexus to the world!

Go down 
+7
Cindy
Bluejay
Bucks&Blues
QHorse163
shazgeoff
7cedars
Merikle Waters
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Welcome Lexus to the world! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2007, 9:08 pm

My mareMerikle finally foaled this morning....Mad right after I headed to work.... Regardless, I was home by noon Very Happy

She foaled a gorgeous Palomino Overo Filly, with two blue eyes.

I have named her Lexus, however, need help figuring out a registration name for her.... any ideas? I'd like to include her barn name in some way, and possibly incorporate her daddys name (Millenium Miracle)

Without further delay, here is my little Lexus!

Welcome Lexus to the world! MerikleandLexus

Welcome Lexus to the world! LexusandMer

Welcome Lexus to the world! MerandLexus
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2007, 9:08 am

CONGRATS, Merikle! She is a super nice colored-up tooters, isn't she... and big, nice - super nice!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2007, 9:43 am

congrats,she is just so pretty flower
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2007, 4:35 pm

Congratulations! Smile She is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2007, 9:11 pm

Oh, shes too cute! I love that name too. I bet you wont have any problems selling her when your ready.

Merikle in a Lexus

Lexus of a Merikle

Lexus of the Millenium

Im not great with names, but thats what I could pick out.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2007, 9:23 pm

Very nice baby... cheers FILLIES RULE bounce

Very nice color too.. Not many with that paly color on them. She is special.. Can't wait to see her when she takes off.. Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2007, 12:03 am

Oh how adorable! I love her markings and color to boot! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2007, 1:16 am

Thanks everyone... She is quite the character...

When I saw her the first thing I thought was WOW is she ever dark! Do you think she will lighten? or be more a golden pally? This is my first pally foal, so am a bit unsure what to expect color wise...

Also, I am a bit concerned... I had the vet out for the mare to ensure everything was alright and to check out the foal... and I thought she was a bit club footed on the front feet, but neither of the parents are club footed and never have produced a club foot baby with each other or any other horse... And the vet said she isnt club footed, just will need help fixing the angle. Its not too bad, just worried me..... Anyone every experienced this?

And she looks a little down on her front fetlocks, I know part of this is from just being born and all, but other than confining her, what else can I do to help her correct this? Does it sound like her tendons are a bit loose on the front legs? Her back legs are almost perfect, and she gets around good.... I am just worried LOL I am a worry wart when it comes to my horses and foals.....

anyone care to shed some light Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2007, 1:33 am

she is a baby it is much better to be a little loose and down at this stage then to be tight in the tendons (contracted tendons are very bad) and keeping them confined isn't the answer they need to get out it will self correct in a matter of days nothing to worry about. Remember this if you have problems- turn them out for tendons and ligaments and keep them up for bones...
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2007, 2:20 am

Lynn M. wrote:
she is a baby it is much better to be a little loose and down at this stage then to be tight in the tendons (contracted tendons are very bad) and keeping them confined isn't the answer they need to get out it will self correct in a matter of days nothing to worry about. Remember this if you have problems- turn them out for tendons and ligaments and keep them up for bones...

well right now they are in an absolutely huge stall, however I know for anything like knock knee'd or "bone" issues that you confine them.... and she moves around quite a bit in the stall, but cannot go out as of yet because of course my mare delivers on a week where it is chilly out....Rolling Eyes

Her legs are correct, its simply the tendons I was worried about.... Never had one contracted or too loose.... So wasnt sure what to do.

Thank you so much! So you do believe they will tighten well with movement?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2007, 2:29 am

my vet swears this is much better than the opposite. In fact in 2 or 3 days you won't even know she ever did it. My little Smart Mate filly was down further from the looks of the pics and she was perfect by 2 days and doing sliding stops and rollbacks in her pen had to take momma to the vet to flush her uterus because she didn't clean out well and the vet was in awe at what a little rascle she was and how athletic she was. Just give her a chance to use those legs and I bet she will be fine and if the weather isn't cooperative just do what you can.... she sure is a cutie
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2007, 1:33 pm

She's a gorgeous girl!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2007, 11:28 pm

Don't worry about her legs. She will be just fine when she unfolds. I have had them walking on their fet locks they were so low slung in the back.. And, at this age you do not want them out too much. When she gets out and spends more time running and doing foal things she will straighten out. There bones are still very soft right after they are born. I have been foaling mares for many years and never seen on not straighten out. I do not wrap them either..

If you stare at her long enough you can worry yourself sick. If she has a little blanket and a good place to get running she will come around. Not too long though. She will get pretty tired.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 8:53 am

Quote :
If you stare at her long enough you can worry yourself sick.

Ain't that the truth!

She's ia a looker! Wink
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 12:07 am

LOL i do worry a lot about my horses....

Her tendons are tightening, and she seems to be very correct, a little over at the knee, but I am sure that too will fix itself. She is correct in the back end, and correct in the front, shorter back, neck ties in at point of shoulder, and is a good length.... and she is flashy flashy flashy lol. I am very happy with her. She is showing a bit more attitude then I am used to from this mares foals.... but is right on the nose with being completely fearless.

She is cooperative, with the slight signs of attitude every now and then, but not worried about anything, and follows me around the pen for a scratch.

When we get some decent weather here, she will go out for a run. My TB mare is due soon, and depending on the number of babies she has, we plan to stall them in the same pen, split in half. The moms get along together, and that way my veteran mare can calm my maiden.
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 2:52 am

I agree she really is a looker. Congratulations!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Lexus to the world!   Welcome Lexus to the world! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome Lexus to the world!
Page 1 of 1