Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Got my butt planted in the sand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Got my butt planted in the sand Empty
PostSubject: Got my butt planted in the sand   Got my butt planted in the sand Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 4:38 pm

So I was at team roping practise on Saturday. I was working the chute, my step brother Nathan rides my stud Pep for practise. I brought two extra horses to get ridden. Tye, who Nathan is working on cause the spring weather is making him hot and I'm too bloody short to get on if he's messing around. And I brought Dash, our 2 year old that Brennen has been riding. Brennen fell asleep in the truck so I decided that I might as well get on. I saddled him up, got on and went along in the indoor arena. I figured if a ten year old has been riding him, he ought to be ok. No such luck. He balked, so I went to smack him on the butt with a rein. Not sure which part of me landed first, my head, neck or behind, but I can barely turn my head, had one heck of a headache, and my tailbone and large part of my big fat butt are bruised. My ego was a little sore as well. Wayne, the other guy who was there had a good laugh over it. I got back on and rode for a half hour while they wrapped the steers and had a fine ride, but man does an incident like that remind you that no matter how quiet a colt is, they are still colts.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Got my butt planted in the sand   Got my butt planted in the sand Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 10:01 pm

LOL! Glad you're okay. Sometimes they like to remind us that they CAN buck when we least it expect it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Got my butt planted in the sand   Got my butt planted in the sand Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2007, 6:26 am

Well, after I got through laughing - I can literally imagine this... I sure hope you're all right, and feel better today!

Comes time when you get close to showing at the Select World, that you think, okay, now... I think I like my happy hiney on the ground walking, not planted... HA!

But I sure hope you feel better!
Back to top Go down
CatB

CatB

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Got my butt planted in the sand   Got my butt planted in the sand Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2007, 10:58 am

Glad you're *sorta* okay! Sounds like you hit pretty hard.

Heck, they don't even have to be young colts to put you in the dirt. Just on Monday, I hopped on my 11 yr old gelding, bareback, who I hadn't been on in a couple months due to being busy riding a couple other young horses. Was dinking around the pasture, when a couple of the mares started carrying on, he dropped a shoulder, and ducked right out from underneath me, the big dope. I was perfectly fine, but pissed - the last time I hit the dirt a couple years ago was when he did the SAME thing. I caught him and worked his hiney, let me tell you.

Spring fever, I guess. sunny

Stock up on the ibuprofen!
Back to top Go down
Kim

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Got my butt planted in the sand   Got my butt planted in the sand Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2007, 4:27 pm

jeeez if i every want a horse ridden by you ... I'm gunna take them to your son instead ... what is wrong with you!! ahah kidding ...

Thats a bummer though ... hope your not in too much pain
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Got my butt planted in the sand   Got my butt planted in the sand Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2007, 1:45 am

Went to the doctor, ended up with a pulled muscle in my neck. And went riding with Wayne again today. First thing he asked was if I planned to get bucked off
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Got my butt planted in the sand   Got my butt planted in the sand Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2007, 12:00 am

Ouch, glad that's all it was! Get well soon!

PS Whatta a way to cowgirl up! geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Got my butt planted in the sand   Got my butt planted in the sand Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2007, 7:18 am

Well, at least nothing's broke. Just be careful out there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got my butt planted in the sand   Got my butt planted in the sand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got my butt planted in the sand
Page 1 of 1