Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL

Go down 
+5
7cedars
stockman
Cindy
Bucks&Blues
Bluejay
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Empty
PostSubject: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 6:48 pm

Lonnie,

Lucy ,

many thanks for your rapid response,i most say am ok with the price at whihc you rae willing to sell me the horse so i will nedd you to
Please send me details for the payment to reach you soonest.

Details needed are as follow;

Card Holders Name & Address:
MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME :
Issuing Bank & Address:
Card Limit:
C V V:
CARD NO:
PI N:
D.0.B:
ISSUE/ EXPIRE DATE..
TOLL FREE NO @ THE BACK OF THE CARD
SSN

Once the above details has been recieved and confirmed payment will be transfered by my bank manager before the end of today so that neccessary arrangements for the pick-up of the horse can commence. For information as regards the shipping company you can check http://ocl-transporters.netfirms.com .

I'll be anticipating your earliest response with the requested details so that i can instruct my bank manager for fascilitate payment.

Sincerely,
W. Waters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 6:52 pm

I got this email today. scratch Now why would he need my credit card imformation if he is the one buying the horse No And, the site for transport is canceled.. Anyone ever get one this obvious? tongue pig jocolor alien cyclops Twisted Evil affraid
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 7:04 pm

You should send him some false information just to irk him. There use to be a web site where you could turn them into, I will have to go dig around and see if I still have it.

They think they are sooo much smarter than we are. I got one once a while back where I was selling my sisters horse trailer. They wanted to send me a fake M/O for OVER the amount, and me send the rest back in cash. Then they said that after they got their money, they would send someone for the trailer. Evil or Very Mad .

I toyed with him for a few days, told him that I was excited he was buying the trailer, and that I was going the next day to get his cash. He was fun to mess with. Then he got mad cause he said I was playing games...
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 8:40 pm

lol! lol! He said you were playing cames... HA HA HA .. That is so funny.. This one really thinks I am stupid.. pig Razz

We went through this before when we got a letter that we had been left 155, 500,000.00 british pounds. This guy never asked anything personal. We played him along and he took it all to the bank and the bank would be calling us in a Monday.. Never heard a word back.. I researched him on the internet and his address was a language college, the lawfirm web site he used were for employment law and there were no numbers to call them. Fake web sites I am sure... Too bad, we could have used the money... lol!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 9:54 pm

WOW! Can't that be reported to like crime stoppers or something? That's a scam if I've ever seen one!

What a Big Jerk! You should ask him for the same info! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 11:12 pm

That scam is pretty unbelievable but what's even more unbelievable is that I'm sure people have fallen for it before !
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 8:08 am

Anybody who e-mails me on buying anything that can't spell, I'm like, yeah, okay, go away. Kelly (Phenom) got into a deal last year where she kept asking the lady for her phone number and she'd never give it..... same thing happened to me, too.

What kind of scares me is... if you list your home town or address on your website or in an ad, and they have your name, they can track you down... I'm always afraid somebody's going to actually come and get the horse versus paying for it... if that makes any sense...

Remember when they had those trailers on E-Bay for like danged near nothing, and it would be shipped anywhere, blah, blah, blah.... E-Bay was hot on those people's trailers big time!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 10:31 am

7C's is right... the nuts really come outta the woodwork for me! rendeer
Back to top Go down
CatB

CatB

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 3:10 pm

Most of these scammers are in Nigeria. I had one contact me a few weeks ago when I was selling a $2,600.00 stock trailer. The bad spelling was a major tip off. I told him/her/it I was with the government and they better beware. Laughing

Also to watch out for are very authentic looking e-mails from your credit card company, asking for your log-in and password. The scammer can then go in an cause havoc with your account. Just know that a legitimate company will never ask for those two things in an e-mail.

Just for laughs, go to this link. It's hysterical!
http://bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 11:27 pm

I looked this one up. He/she has a phone number from Great Brittan. That is where the last scam we had came from.. Now maybe they just have cell phones with numbers from that area? I found some of their stuff in French on a search from the Yahoo who's who.. This one is really obvious. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 7:53 am

Bluejay, you definitely win the "received the scam of the year award."
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 10:59 am

That just stinks, No
Here you think you have something going your way and then this nut does this. affraid Gerrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2007, 11:59 am

I got another one today that wants to deposit over 4 million in my bank account to he can withdraw it so his bosses do not know... Anyone figure out how to report these? study scratch Said he was the head of some bank and it was profit the bank doesn't know about. No Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2007, 4:16 pm

Okay, seriously, you'd think they're be a LITTLE smarter. Like, per se, NOT asking for your social security number?

Sheesh, my dog wouldn't have fallen for that one Cool
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2007, 11:32 pm

He just wanted my bank account number... scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL   HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM?  Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOWS THIS FOR A SCAM? Wants to buy one of my horses.. LOL
Page 1 of 1