Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Mare!!!

Go down 
+2
bluetide
SilverBuckleHorses
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Mare!!! Empty
PostSubject: New Mare!!!   New Mare!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2010, 11:43 pm

On the way to our last day of AZ Nationals yesterday, I stopped to look at a horse I was interested in and ended up bringing her home. The add was for a $200.00 AQHA broodmare that was 10 years old and no one knew if she was broke to ride or not. She was pretty decently bred so I figured, why not? We went to look at her and she was MUCH nicer than the picture I had recieved and had a really sweet personality. Lady had owned her for five years and never done much with her besides get two nice babies out of her and she just couldn't afford her horses anymore so wanted to sell them quickly. She didn't really know any of her history either. I liked her so we loaded her up and she spent the day at the show with us. Keep in mind, this mare hasn't been out of the back yard for five years and she stood tied up to the trailer all day long, didn't make a peep, didn't paw, didn't get impatient or freak out. Not once! I was pretty impressed. I kind of had a feeling this mare had been broke also, so this morning I went and saddled her up, bitted her up and worked her a little. She seems real comfortable with the whole deal, so I decide to try riding her. Mare is broke to death!!!! Has such pretty gaits, reins real nice with her head nice and level. I couldn't have been more pleased and it's been atleast five years since she's been ridden! No buck or anything!!! I'm going to tune her up and do some of the AQHA reining on her, really can't wait for that. Here are a couple of pictures from at the show, I'll get more as soon as I get my clipper blades sharpened and clean up her face some!

New Mare!!! DSCN0322

New Mare!!! DSCN0319
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
bluetide

bluetide

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-12-13

New Mare!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mare!!!   New Mare!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 9:34 am

Oh My Goodness!! What a nice find! She's pretty too. Can you post her pedigree? I have an awesome QH mare who was ridden twice one year then once the following year. On that last ride the beginner who rode her fell off (not her fault). We tacked her up this fall and she was a sweetheart! I was so impressed with her. No issues at all. But 5 years and still calm as can be? That is truly awesome. Looking forward to more pics too. Again, NICE FIND!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

New Mare!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mare!!!   New Mare!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 10:35 am

Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

New Mare!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mare!!!   New Mare!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2010, 2:17 pm

Pretty face, nice neck!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

New Mare!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mare!!!   New Mare!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2010, 10:57 pm

She looks like a nice mare.. Bottom side stallions are top.. She looks tired and like she really needs some love to me. I hope she is what you want. scratch I think some TLC will do her good. It's important for a horse to know what to expect. Her feet look like they have been cared for as well. This is good.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

New Mare!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mare!!!   New Mare!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 12:36 am

For what you paid you couldnt go wrong. I like her and cant wait to see more pics
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

New Mare!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mare!!!   New Mare!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 4:10 pm

I agree, for the price, you got a super cute little mare! Great find cheers
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

New Mare!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mare!!!   New Mare!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 7:56 pm

Actually, the mare is really well cared for, she is actually more on the spoiled side Wink She wasn't tired, she's just very relaxed, she's like that in her stall or anywhere. I like that about her really.

Her feet are what actually need the work, from a distance they look alright, but when you actually see them, that's where she needs some improvement. Poor farrier work. But, she is completely what I want, she has good size at 15.2hh and she's nice and wide, I like her Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Mare!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mare!!!   New Mare!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mare!!!
Page 1 of 1