Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Qh Show tomorrow!

Go down 
+4
Triple J Quarter Horses
PHENOMADACIOUS
QHorse163
LovingLoping
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-02-08

First Qh Show tomorrow! Empty
PostSubject: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2007, 11:30 pm

Eeek! It's my first AQHA show tomorrow Shocked

Hauled in tonight, and warmed him up. He did *really* well, especially with having to deal with all those distractions: tractors, kids screaming, general fair environment. That warm up pen was a NIGHTMARE though....people have ZERO manners. Nearly got ourselves killed when some tiny girl loped sideways at us...luckily *I* can control my horse, and we made a quick stop.
We've got WP and Horsemanship tomorrow, but I got first go-order for the HMS. NOT HAPPY Rolling Eyes
Anyways, our ride tonight was good, but he suddenly missed his right lead twice, so I'm a little nervous...Shocked
Just gonna go tomorrow, have fun and remember that we have every right to be there, just like everybody else, and we worked hard to get here, so HA:D
See ya tomorrow, Cindy?
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2007, 11:42 pm

Stay relaxed and have fun! Get your horse shown to the best of your and his abilities. Those are the main things and anything else is just icing on the cake. Smile The AQHA warm-up pens are certainly something that take a little getting used to. lol. There are always the people with zero manners, but there are also a lot of really nice ones too. Smile

GOOD LUCK! and make sure you let us know how it goes. Smile

ETA: My first AQHA show was a HUGE all-novice show. I didn't place in any of my classes and I'm sure I looked silly on my HUS mare in the WP classes, but it really inspired me and made me want to get there and do well. Watch out, you might catch the bug too! Smile

Last edited by on March 15th 2007, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2007, 11:44 pm

Good luck and take alot of pictures!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2007, 11:44 am

REMEMBER TO BREATHE!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2007, 1:51 pm

Just hum your favorite song, relax your legs, Dont tense up, and Kelly was right Breath. Take you time asking him to lope off. Wait till he feels right. Dont rush it. And Very Happy !

*Boy, it's easy for us to tell you take it easy, smile, your haveing a wonderful time, since we are showing today huh! Hee hee Wink

Last edited by on March 16th 2007, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2007, 1:53 pm

Good Luck Smile Very Happy

you sound like your there for the right reasons!

wamp-up pens gahh! Mad especially trail warm-ups! Shocked

GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2007, 7:36 pm

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll do great!!

Take lots of pictures to share with us!!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2007, 9:47 pm

Thanks everybody, it was an awesome Day One!
My class was third from last, so we seriously sat around allllllll dayyyyy lonnnnnnng. Did get to watch the inspiring Clayton Eggers win the reining on Hesa Smarty Pants. If ya ask me, those two are going places!

Our warm-up was really good, but we've always had issues with his right lead, and warming up he got it 3/5 times. I do set three goals for myself though, for each class. Mostly because even if I don't place, I can still consider it a success. Our three goals were: get the correct right lead, keep his head down, and don't break gait at the trot. (That last one is harder than it'd seem...finding that perfect line between slow enough and not suddenly stopping, LOL.

So, he kept his head down, didn't break gait, and we nailed his right lead! I was so excited, just beaming across the arena at my trainer, who was wildly giving me the thumbs up Rolling Eyes

End of story: we didn't place, lol. We probably lapped everyone like, twice at the lope, but I didn't care. He was under himself, head down, framed up, and on the right lead. I came out of the class feeling like a million bucks!

By the time HMS rolled around though, he was super tired, and VERY cranky. I ended up scratching, b/c we drew first go (figures), and he would've had to do the pattern, then wait quietly on the rail for 20-30 min. while the rest of the class came in. I ended up going to the deserted warm-up arena, doing the pattern on my own while my friend videotaped it. Besides, I like how *I* judge better Very Happy LOL

I did remember to breathe, so thanks everybody! Tomorrow is halter (hahaha) and SMS...we have to do a 405 degree pivot. Ummm, yeahhhh. We'll see how it goes Rolling Eyes

Sorry for the book. Pics will be up soon!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2007, 10:18 pm

I've returned with pictures!
First two are of 2 days before the show. Please excuse my eq, I get sloppy Embarassed
First Qh Show tomorrow! DSCN0057
Trottin' along...

First Qh Show tomorrow! DSCN0055
And the lope. For some reason he looks sorta heavy on the forehand. Goofball.

Warm up pen. Lovely picture quality too, huh? Not...
First Qh Show tomorrow! DSCN0150

First Qh Show tomorrow! DSCN0155
My trainer. Isn't she gorgeous? And Rudy and I were cleared not ready for the picture!

First Qh Show tomorrow! DSCN0158

First Qh Show tomorrow! DSCN0165-1
My brand new-to-me show saddle. Bought it from HGalloWP for a ridiculously low price! Love it to death, super comfy, fits him well. I feel so lucky!

That's all for now!
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2007, 1:19 am

You guys look great!! I'm glad you're having fun. You will be back for more, I'm sure!! Have fun and learn alot tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2007, 1:53 am

GREAT JOB! Smile That's all that counts, is that you are happy with your ride. Good luck tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2007, 10:41 am

I think it's absolutley great, that even though you didn't place, that you accomplished your goals. That is what's important! I know the first time I placed 4 out of 8 with Kid, in a field with the big guys, I was so proud of him!

Sounds like you're on a roll, and hopefully you'll do super well today! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2007, 1:06 pm

Glad your having fun and your horse is doing you proud! Love the pics!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2007, 10:32 pm

Ok, the last of the show!

I had one big "oops", and thought my SMS class was near my halter class at the end of the day. So we're walking in this morning, just arriving, and my SMS class was entering the arena. Grrrrreat. I did get to tape some of it though, so we can practice at home.

Halter was brutal. We didn't place-and shouldn't have! There were some amazing horses in that class, and they definitely deserved to win! I was minorly upset though, because Rudy sets up nearly perfectly when I say "set". He set up perfectly in the warm up pen, then got into the class and set up perfectly. Of course, as soon as the judges would walk by, he suddenly got a case of the heeby-jeebies, and would move. Rolling Eyes

But despite those issues, I did feel like our overall "presentation" went well, and I was pleased. As we were leaving the class, the ring steward gave me this folded piece of paper. I said "Oh, ma'am, this isn't mine, I didn't place!" and she says "No, your number was selected to receive a free pair of Justin Boots!"

EEK! FREE BOOTS! Very Happy
So all in all, a pretty good first QH show Cool
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2007, 10:46 pm

WOOHOO free boots! Now that is something to get excited over gosh I would be in heaven.

Has Rudy done the heebie jeevie dance in a halter class before when the judges came by? or is this new for him? if so practice at hoime having someone walk around you both like a judge would.
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2007, 11:24 pm

Um, hmmm. No, he really hasn't. My friend and I practiced a *ton* at home, with me setting him up, and her being the "judge", walking all around, even waving her arms, trying to distract, etc. He was always just chilled with it, but everything's always easier at home, right?

There were major noise distractions (ranch rodeo held in next arena over!),so maybe it was just bad timing? I'll watch the videotape, try to determine better...

Oh and hey: thanks for using my super-technical term "heeby jeebies". Glad we're on the same page Cool
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2007, 11:29 pm

Hey heeby jeebies is just fun to say! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 12:52 pm

lol ah the heeby jeebies! affraid

haha congrats on a fun show and accomlishing your goals!! that stinks that you missed your class but it seems like you took it well!

congrats! and good luck practicing you'll knock 'em dead next time! Smile
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2007, 7:20 pm

Thanks everybody Cool
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2007, 12:21 pm

Didn't fall off, didn't break pattern, learnt alot and looked good in your new saddle. Sounds like a great first AQHA show!
And free boots. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Qh Show tomorrow!   First Qh Show tomorrow! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Qh Show tomorrow!
Page 1 of 1