Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trying a horse tomorrow

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Trying a horse tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Trying a horse tomorrow   Trying a horse tomorrow Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2007, 4:39 pm

We are supposed to try a new horse tomorrow (a practice horse for my hubby), I just checked the weather report and they are forcasting 50mph winds, which would make it too windy to rope.

Please cross your fingers, that it's not too windy and that the horse works well. I hope this horse is everything the sellers say he is, because we really like this horse.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Trying a horse tomorrow   Trying a horse tomorrow Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2007, 11:04 pm

No indoor arena? Hope the wind stays down for you. And, good luck.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Trying a horse tomorrow   Trying a horse tomorrow Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 3:56 am

Well, if it is super windy, at least you'll know how he acts in a spookey situation Laughing ..sorry, reaching here!

I hope all goes well, good luck! Wink
Back to top Go down
BeePrettyJack

BeePrettyJack

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Trying a horse tomorrow   Trying a horse tomorrow Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 9:57 pm

Well?! Exclamation Question How was he? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Trying a horse tomorrow   Trying a horse tomorrow Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 11:45 pm

Well, the horse has seen cattle before LOL!! The horse was supposed to be a finished head horse and he's definitely not, when it comes to roping, the horse is *very* green. He's definitely chased steers out of the box before, but he has no clue what his job is or where he's supposed to be in relation to the steer.

If they'll take a very much lower price, we may still buy him though. He's good minded and seems very trainable, so he will probably turn out to be a nice head horse.

I was skeptical about the horse's ablility in the first place so I'm not surprised. The guy who owns him is a very beginner rider and nows little about riding and nothing about roping. The person who sold the horse to him, told him he was a finished horse, so basically he paid way too much money for the horse. I've seen this many times before when novices decide they want to rope and go out and find a supposedly finished rope horse for themselves. They usually end up with horse that is green or is totally unsuitable for learning to rope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying a horse tomorrow   Trying a horse tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying a horse tomorrow
Page 1 of 1