Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!!   TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2009, 12:48 pm

When I went out to feed the pals this morning, Tucker wasn't in his corral!!! He was out in the pasture!!!!! He had pulled the pegs out of the panels and shoved them apart. Apparently he didn't stay in the pasture. His footy-prints are all over the place!!!! He got out through a place where my hubby had taken the fence down to work on stuff. He went back into the pasture.....Calm as can be....Cantering here and there. I acted like nothing was up.....Threw some hay in his pen....Threw MORE hay in his pen....Greed finally got the best of him. My daughter helped me tie the panels together with baling rope. I wonder how long he was loose. That boy needs a job!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!!   TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2009, 3:39 pm

Dang his rotten hide! Hee hee.. My now gelding that when he was a stallion! Of corse he was a lazy stallion, Amazing that they could figure out to RAINSE THE PENs isn't it! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!!   TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2009, 6:36 pm

He did this before...Odd circumstances. When he was a year old...I had just given him a bath. I tied him to the fence on the inside of his corral while I ran into the house to get something. I wasn't gone for 4 minutes. When I came back I couldn't wrap my brain around what I saw. The 16ft Powder River panels had been lifted over the water tank and pulled back at least 12ft!!!!! Tucker was walking around with the lead rope in his mouth. I figured out that he had untied himself and had managed to get the noseband of his halter on one of the connector hooks...Paniced, reared, and pulled back. Hubby helped me put the fence back. I continued the "after-bath-care".....Turned my back to talk to my daughter....Heard something funny.....Looked back in time to see Tucker racing across the pasture!!!!! The hooks (top and bottom) were pulled out of one section!!!!!! Finally got him put back in... I took his halter off. Hubby and I watched him walk around the whole corral, rubbing his face on the connectors. He was purposely trying to find the freek'n hooks!!!! Keep in mind that these were/are the 16ft Powder River panels!!!!!! It gets better!!!!!!! A week or so later I found him out again!!!!!! That time he had unhooked the chain connectors on some smaller panels that were on his pen!!!!!!! Last summer I got some new panels to expand his pen to riding-size. These are connected like the other big ones, except they have pegs, rather than hooks for connectors. I can't imagine that he'd even recognize that they were holding the panels together!!!!!!! All I can say is....Thank The Fates for baling rope!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!!   TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2009, 7:20 pm

That just goes to show you his mind is always working and he's smart. Some horses you cant let them see how you do things because they will be right behind you un- doing. But what a pain in the butt they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!!   TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TUCKER TAKES A WALK!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1