Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great Day!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2009, 8:49 pm

Well, Larry and I have been competeing in this gymkhana series since April and we ended up being the reserve champion high point team for the year! Got a gift certificate and some other odds n ends, it was pretty exciting Smile

We also competed today, and it was GREAT. Just as like I recap, I started running this horse in April and ran once more in May. He was lame until early November, when I ran him one more time. So today was his fourth time competeing in this kind of event, I'll show April's times, then todays Smile

APRIL:
Barrels: 25.695
Poles: 28.5

JANUARY:
Barrels: 20.4
Poles: 25.2
Keyhole: 7.2

I've slowed him down a ton to gain some control since I started riding him again so our times haven't gotten THAT much better, but I think what counts is that every time we go out, we are knocking 1-3 seconds off our times. As soon as he's good with the control part, we'll add some speed again. There is no doubt in my mind that he can run a 25sec. pole pattern and a 16-17 sec. barrel pattern when I let him go, this little horse is freakin awesome. I should get some pictures tomorrow Smile Oh, what's even better is that these times got us reserve high point for the day and my best friend Dee got high point Smile We were pretty happy and our times were less than 1/2 second apart.

Just had to share Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2009, 12:13 am

yay! I'm glad he's doing well Smile thats a really big time difference! I miss barrel racing down there Sad no WAY could you barrel race in Minnesota in January!!

I wanna see pics of this little speedy! Smile
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2009, 4:20 pm

http://www.silverbucklehorses.com/sbshupdates.htm here's a link to some of our pictures
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 10:03 am

saw some of your pictures,they great

your braver than me,i would be to scared i`d fall off
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 1:20 pm

sunny SURE GO AHEAD, just rub it in.... In a outdoor arena, Sunshine, a long sleeve shirt.. Sure go ahead... Just rub it in... OH, WENT TO A HORSE SHOW and DID THIS AND THAT.. Razz Congrats on shaving some time off. BUT your still in trouble for having that warm, sunshine going on! Razz I went to a show, heated arena, and you could still see the horses breath in the arena. up where we were sitting it was still jacket temps.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 1:38 pm

If it makes you feel any better, it cooled off to a brrrr worthy 70 degrees today! LOL Razz

What's really bad is that at that show, it was really toooo warm to even wear the long sleeved shirt, but it's kinda my lucky shirt, so I deal with it LOL.

Thanks though, I was pretty excited, I'm going to try and get that barrel time down some more this coming weekend. My friend and I joined the national christian barrel racing association and they're having a meet on Saturday. Then we're off to show halter on Sunday Very Happy I'm so excited, this is turning out to be a good year in the arena!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 2:56 pm

Quote :
If it makes you feel any better, it cooled off to a brrrr worthy 70 degrees today! LOL

Oh, YEAH, that makes me feel SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER! Razz
Can I say, Drop your hands?
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 3:01 pm

Yeah, lol, I kinda figured that would be coming... The best I can say is that I've tried. I don't know why, but when I try and bring my hands down, he just isn't nearly as responsive, who knows, maybe it has something to do with being roped on for so long, it's how I'd always seen him ridden before we bought him. I also figured out that he does 100% better if I can neck rein him through everything. If I try to reach down and pull him around, he fights me a lot. Since I figured out a few of his little quirks, we've really clicked. He just has a lot of weird little do's and dont's if ya know what I mean.

I laughed when I looked at the pictures because I normally ride all my horses like reiners with my hands down super low. Larry is just me exception LOL
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 3:06 pm

Hee hee, I love it, I look a picture or movie and think what the heck was I doing! Or I never do that! Dang it the pictures never lie... Use to use that tool with my children all the time. Now it get use against me! Grrrrrrrrrr Laughing
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 3:16 pm

I know haha, darn all this technology making us look like idiots!

I guess that it's worth looking like and idiot though, just as long as it works for him and gets him where he needs to go LOL. I was seriously holding him back in every picture too, but his turns are getting so much better and our pole pattern, holly smokes! He's never felt that "on" before, so I can't wait till we get enough control on him to let him fly Wink
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sip of Rum   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 6:37 pm

Girl when are getting back on a horse??????
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2009, 10:44 pm

well I ride every day, except today because my knee was bothering me so bad and I didn't want to make it worse. As far as competeing goes, we have another meet this weekend with the christian barrel racing association if I can swing the entry and membership fees.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2009, 11:09 pm

SB...I could not hear your call back number when you called me.. Drop me a line on my email address.. LBain7713@hotmail.com.. I was not ignoring you.. :no
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 10:41 am

HEY! Did you show this past weekend or two. Its said somthing about those showdates on you website. DO TELL! SB. After all the rest of us are either Iced in, snowed in, or our horses are just down right hairy! Hee hee afro
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2009, 11:11 am

I didn't make it to those shows, but I'm pretty sure I will be going to the paint horse show with the colt to show him in halter on March 8th. I'm kinda skipping the small open shows so I can afford to show where it matters right now, ya know? I do have TWO rodeos next weekend, and hopefully I will have plenty of pictures for you Smile It was 80 here yesterday... Summer is coming TOOOOO fast here. Wish I could send it your way!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2009, 10:52 am

pray PLEASE DO! pray We need it. Snow and rain tonight. AUGH! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Day!!!   Great Day!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Day!!!
Page 1 of 1