Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some GREAT News!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Some GREAT News! Empty
PostSubject: Some GREAT News!   Some GREAT News! Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 9:11 am

I decided to change my horses up some and I just sold my grey filly and Scotch to an awesome home last night, even better, I got what I wanted out of them! Even BETTER, they have hired me on as their trainer to give their daughter lessons. These horses have an AWESOME home with pasture and lots of room to grow!

A good friend of mine really wanted my black filly, cowgirl but didn't have immediate cash so I traded her for a broke paint mare, wether or not I keep her as a lesson horse depends... She is a cute little mare though and completely sound.

I decided to not purchase the horse from Canada, for the next few years, I want NOTHING to do with breeding at all. All I want to do is rodeo and show horses (for myself and other people).

I bought a paint horse (really a qh crop out) that I fell in love with. He'll be here on Thursday. He is out of a world champion barrel racer, really a gorgeous boy. I'm taking him to his first little rodeo thing this weekend to trot all the patterns. I'll be sure to get pictures!

Right now, it looks like I'm not taking Larry to the rodeo this weekend. We've had to change up his farrier work and it has made him sore and he has not adjusted completely, I will not run him sore, so he I think will get some more time off. I was kind of bummed, because I need the points, but there is always another buckle series, ya know? I love Larry to pieces and if this other horse works out well, Larry will be retired to lesson horse so he can be petted on and loved all day long.

Lady, the mare that has the bad feet issue... I'm not sure what is going to happen with her anymore. She has kind of had a set back and if she is not improving in the next three months, I have decided I am going to put her down. I love this mare like I cannot even explain, but I cannot stand to see her pain get any worse than it is now. She is a tough mare and she has put up one helluva fight, but there comes a point where I'm going to have to think about wether or not I'm keeping her here because of me, or because of her...

My horses, in total, are down to 6. This is an improvement, and realistically, only four of them will really be mine! It feels good to not have 15 horses!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Some GREAT News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some GREAT News!   Some GREAT News! Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 9:38 am

That is good news. It's so much easier when you have less, isn't it.
It's too bad about Larry, but it sounded like you might still have a chance, as you have attended more than other riders. I hope he's feeling better. And the paint ought to have a lot of potential as Larry's replacement. How old is he?
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Some GREAT News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some GREAT News!   Some GREAT News! Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 10:20 am

It is SOOO much easier. It's funny, when we're all done with the barn, we'll have EXTRA stalls, lol.

I'm not too worried about the point thing, he is a good horse and so much more important than any buckle I could ever win. He's just got to get used to the new kicks. He did seem to be getting around much better this morning, so who knows???

The paint is 12 years old, but he has only been under saddle for about 1 1/2 years. I'm actually thrilled about it though, because he has no bumps, bruises, or soundness problems. His sire was competeing well into his mid 20s, and I'm not worried about the age at all, he's old enough to not be completely retarded about everything. The really nice thing is that he has already been there, done that. Cooper has worked him on the ranch punching cows and he's been hauled to tons of arenas. He doesn't neck rein real well yet, and he's still a little iffy on flying lead changes, but I wont have a problem getting him there at all. He knows every maneuver individually, it's just putting everything together and adding some speed that we'll be working on. But, it's nice because once again, no one has blown this horse. He rode like magic for me when I tried him out and he couldn't have had a better start on him. He is soft and has buttons like the reining horses I used to ride. I know from trying him out that barrels will be some work with the tight circles, but pole bending will be a BREEEEZE. He moves off of your leg so well, and Cooper said when he's on good footing, he'll do flying changes really well. So YAY! I'm excited about him (lol, cantcha tell???) cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Some GREAT News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some GREAT News!   Some GREAT News! Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 12:25 pm

scratch HUM, new horse and no pictures..HUM Rolling Eyes affraid No
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

Some GREAT News! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some GREAT News!   Some GREAT News! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some GREAT News!
Page 1 of 1