Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

got poorly foal

Go down 
+2
Lynn M.
shazgeoff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 7:35 am

Came home from show Sunday to my daughter calling me when we got in saying something not right with Zara. We whisked down there to find her staggering all over the place as if drunk and she also couldnt reach down to drink or eat. Wondered if she had been charging around in the wet and slipped over. Called vet out and she on anti inflammorties. We have a bit of improvement,she can reach down and eat and drink now. She having xrays on friday as it looks like she may have wobblers.

Anyone have experience with this?
If she has,we sadly will have her put to sleep
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 9:44 am

no experience but Im so sorry we lost a foal last year and it really tore us up I feel for you sick foals are so sad!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 10:09 am

I had a weanling that somehow, did strain her neck and had the same reaction. She moved funny, but kept her neck very stiff. It took meds, but she was better in about 7 days. Back to eating and moving better, it was about 2 weeks for her to play. I have seen Woobles, In a 4 year old gaited horse. She didnt put him down, She moved and I dont know what happened. He was in a safe pasture, She raised his water, she treated him on meds, till he was better but he never got over it, and was a family pet. He was comfortable. Just never completely right. He circled alot to get to his feed at feeding time. But he was fat and shinny. Loved his hugs and brushing.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 10:29 am

I am sorry to hear that. I hope it all works out for you. Loosing a horse is just like loosing a family member. pray
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2008, 3:09 pm

Well the good news she hasnt wobblers cheers .But they not sure whether her growth plates in her poll are putting pressure on her spinal cord or theres something else going on. The gap between the vertabrae he said is furry.Vet has sent off her xrays for further investigation.Good news is she was walking lots better today.Vet did lots of tests on her.

The horrible bit now is he said if she gets a bang or jolt on that area at the moment it will kill her.His words were it will be quick and she wont know a thing.Nice huh.

Also has some gut problems going on.
Both hubby and i said if she pulls through this she is not for sale.She had a sale home all lined up too.Oh well.She adorable anyway.Vets said is she always this quiet,the answer yes she is,she is so easy to do.

got poorly foal Zara

got poorly foal Photo-0066
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2008, 8:32 pm

I love my pets too.... ily
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2008, 10:59 pm

Ah, Bless her heart.. She;ll be fine, She just has to be.
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 12:27 am

AWWW that second pic is so adorable Very Happy

I hope she comes through Ok. Ill be thinking about her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2008, 6:50 am

Vets been out again today,she has 2 weeks and thats it.No improvement then and we have to let her go.Poor girl is in a fair amount of pain,its so hard to see her like this.Feel helpless Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2008, 10:20 am

Im so sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2008, 2:21 pm

Oh, Im sooo Sorry.. What have they said it is??? Poor little girl! Bless your heart. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2008, 6:13 pm

I'm sorry to hear this, have you thought at all about maybe a Chiropractor? I have been going through some strange problems with my filly and finally decided to get a Chiro involved.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2008, 9:58 am

results from xrays have finally come in and she has either extra growth of bone at base of skull/neck or she has fractured her bone,her prognosis as vet said is guarded as they cant operate on that area.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2008, 10:43 am

Sad I am sorry to hear that. You have been through so much this year with the mare and now the foal. I know you will do what it right when the time comes. pray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

got poorly foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: got poorly foal   got poorly foal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

got poorly foal
Page 1 of 1