Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My new KCS Gelding...

Go down 
+3
Bluejay
SilverBuckleHorses
Hezadlux
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-11-26

My new KCS Gelding... Empty
PostSubject: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2008, 1:02 pm

He is two year old by Kids Classic Style out Mr Conclusion mare..

He is 16.3 and he is such a sweetie...

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
http://dluxshowhorses.tripod.com/
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 1:14 am

He is a cutie, can't wait to see him! I hope you guys do well together, I see what you meant about all legs. Great color on him!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 10:33 am

SilverBuckleHorses wrote:
He is a cutie, can't wait to see him! I hope you guys do well together, I see what you meant about all legs. Great color on him!

Thank you.. Very Happy Yeah he is a big boy.. I just want him to fill out.. He will just takes time.. I might bring him to Blue Ribbon for practice.. He has been on pasture his whole life...
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 9:24 pm

Plenty of vittals will fill him out. Is he NH? Tall sucker... We will be watching for new shots as he fills out ... bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 11:19 pm

Bluejay wrote:
Plenty of vittals will fill him out. Is he NH? Tall sucker... We will be watching for new shots as he fills out ... bounce

No I am doing that.. No He is N/N.. Yeah he is a big boy.. I think that since he grew up now he is going to grow out.. bounce
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 9:14 am

You're on the halter forum, huh! Notice your siggy picture... yep, super nice gelding!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 10:09 am

7cedars wrote:
You're on the halter forum, huh! Notice your siggy picture... yep, super nice gelding!!!!!

Yeah... Thank you.. Very Happy I am really excited about him...
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 10:36 am

Did you post his pictures on the halter forum??? I can finally see them..
Back to top Go down
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 1:45 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Did you post his pictures on the halter forum??? I can finally see them..

Yes I posted pics of all my show horses on there...
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 3:50 pm

Yea, I finally get to see him, He is a Bucky right? Pretty front end, and nice thin neck.. We need more photos! Yep Yep! Very Happy

Edited to say... HOW MANY HORSES DO YOU HAVE? lol!
Back to top Go down
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 4:27 pm

Yea, I finally get to see him, He is a Bucky right? Pretty front end, and nice thin neck.. We need more photos! Yep Yep! Very Happy

Edited to say... HOW MANY HORSES DO YOU HAVE? lol!

LOL.. Too many.. I have 3 halter geldings that I am currently showing.. I have a yearling gelding (he just got gelded yesterday) he is grandson of RH Mr Imprint.. I have my old halter gelding by Tardee Impressive he is 19.. Then two retired lesson horses 22 and 26.. One is leased out...

I will be getting more pics.. We are taking him to an open show this weekend...
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 9:31 pm

UM Shocked Somebody mentioned they saw this on another forum and it said he is NH.. Doesn't matter to me. But, you say here he is NN.. Rolling Eyes We don't care here either.. Very Happy

I have had many NH horses and I am likely the person who cares the leat about it. Just would like to know the truth.. alien Not picking on you.. But, wonder why a horse that is 16.3 is so thin.. scratch Likey if he is NH someone did not know how to feed and care for him so they just let him waste away. That horse should weigh about 1500 to 1600lb's. If he is did they have trouble or just not know how to feed him? study

I have an NN stallion that is 16.H and was 1500lb as a two year old. I would thing a horse this tall would be at least that or better.. ily
Back to top Go down
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 10:07 pm

Bluejay wrote:
UM Shocked Somebody mentioned they saw this on another forum and it said he is NH.. Doesn't matter to me. But, you say here he is NN.. Rolling Eyes We don't care here either.. Very Happy

I have had many NH horses and I am likely the person who cares the leat about it. Just would like to know the truth.. alien Not picking on you.. But, wonder why a horse that is 16.3 is so thin.. scratch Likey if he is NH someone did not know how to feed and care for him so they just let him waste away. That horse should weigh about 1500 to 1600lb's. If he is did they have trouble or just not know how to feed him? study

I have an NN stallion that is 16.H and was 1500lb as a two year old. I would thing a horse this tall would be at least that or better.. ily

First off.. I wouldnt lie about his status.. He is N/N.. I have a few others that are N/H.. I really dont care what people think.. So I am not sure where you got that info...

Second He is only 2 years old and he has done alot of growing up.. He is 16.3.. I am pretty certain that he is going to fatten up and beef out.. It will just take time.. All horses are different on how they grow.. So I am not really pushing him right now..

Where did you get that info?????
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 11:34 pm

If you're refering to Tammy's post in the halter horse forum, she never said which of her horses are N/H, she just said she was happy to find a place that didn't bash her for having N/H horses, this gelding is NOT N/H, I was emailed a copy of his AQHA papers.

The horse is healthy atleast, I know personally that he is being fed well. His thing is that he has seriously just grown so far UP, he is closer to 17hh than 16hh, and the rest of him hasn't had a chance to catch up yet.

Every horse is different and I don't think it's quite fair to compare one's progress with anothers. They all grow at their own speeds, in their own ways. Some grow perfectly, and grow up and out at the same time. Some get really wide first, then grow up. Others grow up first, then out... You just never know.

And honestly, I would hate to think of a two year old with such baby bones weighing 1600lbs...
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2008, 12:04 am

Congrats on that new boy!! It will be fun to watch him grow. He's got plenty of time to fill out. Good legs are better than blown legs.
Back to top Go down
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2008, 8:10 am

SilverBuckleHorses wrote:
If you're refering to Tammy's post in the halter horse forum, she never said which of her horses are N/H, she just said she was happy to find a place that didn't bash her for having N/H horses, this gelding is NOT N/H, I was emailed a copy of his AQHA papers.

The horse is healthy atleast, I know personally that he is being fed well. His thing is that he has seriously just grown so far UP, he is closer to 17hh than 16hh, and the rest of him hasn't had a chance to catch up yet.

Every horse is different and I don't think it's quite fair to compare one's progress with anothers. They all grow at their own speeds, in their own ways. Some grow perfectly, and grow up and out at the same time. Some get really wide first, then grow up. Others grow up first, then out... You just never know.

And honestly, I would hate to think of a two year old with such baby bones weighing 1600lbs...

Thanks Jolese.. I feel like I am being attacked or something.. I just was excited about my new geldings.. Now I am becoming a LIAR... First off I would never lie about HYPP STATUS... I am always defending them and not ashamed of them.. I have always been upfront..

Again Jolese.. Thank you.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2008, 9:25 pm

You are not being attacked. I do not go to other forums. NONE OF THEM.. Rolling Eyes I just received information from someone who does and asked the question. I know many of the people on here are on other forums. It was mentioned to me that they had read a post you made there.. scratch I net work with people all over this country and others about horses. study

As far as him being thin you already know that. lol! No one said you were not feeding the horse either. You just shared a shot of him when you got him. Although it was nice that SB stood up for you. Didn't need to though since no one thinks you are not feeding him No

I really do not think anyone here bashes the people who own NH horses. Some have had them and had really terrible experience with them. I am happy to say that I have had none of those with any of mine. I prefer my mares to be NN so I can breed to the NH studs that I like. Basketball

Also, with a horse that is growing so fast you are better off to toss them out and let them have at it rather then trying to fit them. They will not fill out anyway and you create problems for them if you try to add the weight on. I have seen some of mine grow over night. I have also seen some of mine bite the dust trying to add bulk when they were going up. No

I hope he turns out just the way you want him to. I love a GREAT project. It will be a blast for you to bring him together. I hope you plan to take him through the ABRA and win win win.. cheering
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2008, 2:54 pm

Not feeding him???? Ive read threw this, when did that come into play?????
scratch

Quote :
If you're refering to Tammy's post in the halter horse forum, she never said which of her horses are N/H, she just said she was happy to find a place that didn't bash her for having N/H horses, this gelding is NOT N/H, I was emailed a copy of his AQHA papers

OK, I had to look and see, Cool you got my interest up by posting that and yes, SB she did say which one was. N/H The sorrel, with the blaze, She asked what everyone thought of him, and asked what value they would place on him.. Someone mentioned they had a FREE gelding offered to them with several points on him. It was under the heading Critque new gelding, I couldnt remember the name just Something about 4,000.00 I seached for that. and may I qoute ,,,
Quote :
He is by Playgirls Conclusion.. I am looking at this gelding.. I know the pics arent the best but.. He has not been fitted on.. He has 39 halter points in open and 27 in ammy..He is N/H
Ta Da! You know if you want to take a shot with N/H.. Go for it.. But! There are folks on this forum with more that twice your age's........ WE KNOW the cost, the heartbreak and what it can do. Sometimes a deal is not a deal. No And trust me.. Oh, they are dont show any signs, no meds at all.. Sure get him home and he hasnt been getting any for a couple of days.. And Poof! hes laid out on the ground. Happens I KNOW! Ask Shelly about her mare she lost last year in foal.. Never did show a sign and wham... Girls, If your buying them so cheep, ask yourself why, and what will your re-sale value be... Question

Also mentioned was....
Yep, geldings are a tough sell unless they are going to win the world.
Ok I know this has nothing to do with topic, it just caught my attention.. I know I know, I ve got this stuck in my head.. Rolling Eyes
Man, If these gelding had been mares, They would have never thought about free... Ta da... queen
Back to top Go down
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2008, 3:38 pm

OK... First off yes I said that gelding is N/H..THat is my problem and no one elses.. I didnt ask a question would you own a N/H horse. I just wanted to see what people thought of him on a halter level..

As far as N/H goes...I have a 19 year old gelding that is N/H went threw 3 types of Cancers and is still here.. One of the cancers were LYPHOMA.. He was suppose to die within a year... 7 years later he is still here.I have owned him since he was 7..

Let me ask what does AGE have to do with anything...???

Bluejay.. Just ask if he is N/H.. I would have said.. I have a few halter geldings.. Some are N/H and some are N/N.. I dont have a problem with it.. If someone does thats there opinion.. I usually dont want to hear it negative about it.. PLEASE DONT SAY THAT IN FRONT OF THEM.. THEY MIGHT HAVE AN ATTACK.. LOL. I am joking..

Every horse is different wether it be N/H or 16.3 two year old.. I take each horse as there own.. Not what another horse looks like or what he should look like..

We all can get knowledge from everyone. Whether you are 20 or 60 years old.. If you think you stop learning from horses then honestly you shouldnt be doing it.. That is why I love the horses.. You are always learning something new about a horse.. THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT!!

I am all about honesty and if you want to know ASK!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2008, 3:43 pm

Quote :

Everything, when you get older you will figure that out.. Hee hee

Who is your aged gelding by? Just wondering?
Back to top Go down
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2008, 3:44 pm

Quote :

Everything, when you get older you will figure that out.. Hee hee

Who is your aged gelding by? Just wondering?

LOL.... Razz

Playgirls Conclusion (the one I just got?)
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2008, 4:06 pm

Oh, I was just wondering, 19 years old. Heck, I remember when you had to send blood samples for the Hypp test! Gosh that was a while back. I did my first test in I guess, "95" HYPP sure changed the quarter horses world and now, HERDA, PSSM. Its all hitting the horse market hard! I was broken hearted when my mare came back n/h. I remember my first time seeing it. I was at a horse show, and a pretty little mare she was 2, just all the sudden sat down, and went of on her side, went stiff, struggled and we were all in the make pen. The show was called to a stop. They worked and worked with her, Finally got her back up, I lead her back to the stall, she was owned by an AQHA judge, all he kept saying was D@#med Impressive breeding. I had no idea what he was talking about, We got drugs in her, I redid some braids, and she was shown in a futurity an hour later, He kept saying, I getting rid of this *&^%R#*&^$. I didnt know better, It didnt have an name yet. I thought it was colic. Heck, it was still being swept under the rug then. I Knew of an awesome mare in C'dale Illinois, Daughter of Impressive. 2 year old. Had her sold for 20,000.00 Had the check in hand, just needed to live for like 2 more hours, and she was found dead in her stall. Of corse that to was before HYPP was given a name.
Back to top Go down
Hezadlux

Hezadlux

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2008, 4:32 pm

Oh, I was just wondering, 19 years old. Heck, I remember when you had to send blood samples for the Hypp test! Gosh that was a while back. I did my first test in I guess, "95" HYPP sure changed the quarter horses world and now, HERDA, PSSM. Its all hitting the horse market hard! I was broken hearted when my mare came back n/h. I remember my first time seeing it. I was at a horse show, and a pretty little mare she was 2, just all the sudden sat down, and went of on her side, went stiff, struggled and we were all in the make pen. The show was called to a stop. They worked and worked with her, Finally got her back up, I lead her back to the stall, she was owned by an AQHA judge, all he kept saying was D@#med Impressive breeding. I had no idea what he was talking about, We got drugs in her, I redid some braids, and she was shown in a futurity an hour later, He kept saying, I getting rid of this *&^%R#*&^$. I didnt know better, It didnt have an name yet. I thought it was colic. Heck, it was still being swept under the rug then. I Knew of an awesome mare in C'dale Illinois, Daughter of Impressive. 2 year old. Had her sold for 20,000.00 Had the check in hand, just needed to live for like 2 more hours, and she was found dead in her stall. Of corse that to was before HYPP was given a name.

Wow.. I know what you mean.. I got my first HYPP horse is 1995.. It was a daughter to my gelding now.. He was a stud back in the day.. Ialways wanted a horse by him. . She was very symptomatic.. Had to be put on meds.. Would have an attack if you looked at her wrong..LOL.. I sold her and they threw her out on pasture.. Then my friend decided she wanted her.. Had for a year and won the World with her.. She is now a broodmare for a big farm.. Not sure where.. Anyways we all have a story to tell.. I think they are special.. Thats why I own a few.. I would have more but I am horse poor..LOLl
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2008, 1:05 am

It will be nice to see pictures of him all filled out when he is done. He will make a great show horse. Very Happy

As for the HYPP, I only have N/N horse's. I just have this thought of being on a trail ride and the horse has an attack. Plus I don't want to deal with the heart break if there was an episode and eventually death. I know that anything can happen with animals but I don't want to add to it. Not for me but I know plenty of people that have N/H horse's and never have a problem either. It is just a person choice.

Yes, I love that they all have different personalities! Mine are all clowns to some degree but then they are VERY spoiled pets. I wouldn't have it any other way! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new KCS Gelding...   My new KCS Gelding... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new KCS Gelding...
Page 1 of 1