Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Two more fillies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Two more fillies Empty
PostSubject: Two more fillies   Two more fillies Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2008, 8:55 pm

It started pouring when I went to look, so I didn't get any pictures. We've looked at these two twice now. I am putting up the pedigree of the sire, plus one of the mares. The fillies are out of mother & daughter. The chestnut rabicano filly is out of Peppymint Girl and the red roan filly is out of Majors Mint. Any opinions on pedigree? The guy is giving us one hell of a deal on them, plus they are within 20 miles of home, which would save on shipping.

Two more fillies EternalPeppySanPedigree

Two more fillies PeppymintGirlPedigree
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Two more fillies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two more fillies   Two more fillies Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2008, 12:17 am

I see Eternal Sun is on the first pedigree. I knew that horse when I lived in Mich, over 30 years ago. He was SUCH a nice horse. The guy who owned him, Harold Howard, died a month or so ago. I think he was an AQHA judge.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Two more fillies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two more fillies   Two more fillies Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2008, 2:03 am

Sire's pedigree is SUPER nice, especially love the San Peppy breeding on the BOTTOM, and not the top. I had a nice grand daughter of Solanos Peppy San that I bought from the Little's ranch, SUPER nice horse, good mind on her. She was out of their Crispy Solanos stallion they used to stand.

Really like the Coy's Bonanza breeding on that mare, even farther back, he was a good mare producer... Like the Dry Doc down there too.

I betcha this filly will be a cowy sun of a gun, probably be a looker with a good head and shoulder too. I'd love to see pictures. Like I said, I personally have experience w/ the Solanos horses and the San Peppy horses, only problem I have seen w/ them is when they are crossed with Sony Dee Bar horses. They get a little too stubborn minded for me then, but all in all, I think this is a nicely crossed filly, a lot of line breeding back there, but far enough back... Based on pedigree alone, I would say go for it. These lines are always popular. If im looking right, that filly should have some greats ON her papers...
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

Two more fillies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two more fillies   Two more fillies Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2008, 9:30 am

What I liked is that Genuine Peppy is super popular here in Canada. He's the leading sire at the Canadian Supreme, the big futurity in Alberta. Too Much Pepper is also quite popular here. His dam was some sort of NCHA champ. I'm trying to look that up now.
I prefer the filly out of Peppymint Girl. She's a bit of a tank. The other filly was pretty young still.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Two more fillies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two more fillies   Two more fillies Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2008, 11:05 pm

Turns out that Doc's Yuba Lea was indeed an NCHA champion. 1974 Futurity, ridden by Leon Harrel. Too Much Pepper was a finalist in the NCHA Futurity & Derby if the info I Googled can be relied on. He has sired winners of well over $150,000 going on info I've looked up so far.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Two more fillies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two more fillies   Two more fillies Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2008, 11:10 pm

Oh I LOVED Enternal Sun! He put sooooooo much pretty and sense on his foals.
Coy's Bonanza Rode like Logs.. Clunky! I tried several. Ouch Rubbing my bottom!
Id vote for Number 1 of the two. Pepper San Badger, Cutter Bill, I owned one, He was sooooo Awesome! Head full of sence.
Doc Bar, Leo San, Peppy San Badger.. Just a really nice bunch of horses.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Two more fillies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two more fillies   Two more fillies Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2008, 12:58 am

sounds like a nice prospect for you Great! and you can't beat a Genuine Doc for reining esp with all those other greats thrown in definately some nice blood in the mix there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Two more fillies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two more fillies   Two more fillies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two more fillies
Page 1 of 1