Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm excited

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

I'm excited Empty
PostSubject: I'm excited   I'm excited Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2008, 7:59 pm

I called a lady who is usually the show secretary for a local open show. It's been cancelled due to lack of volunteer help (typical). But, we got to talking and she was telling me about this 4 day clinic she goes to at the end of July. It's with the guy who did our 4-H clinic. If you looked at the videos, it was the guy who did the tarp shaking and such.
Now, this clinic won't be quite the same. It's colt starting in the morning and horsemanship in the afternoon. You stay at a camp in their guest cabins. All your meals are included and stabling for your horse. Of course, you bring your own feed. Wouldn't want anybody colicing.
So I called. And I am going. Four days, NO kids!!!!!!
I'm gonna bring Freckles and Hickory, I think.
Also, I called the clinician and am hosting a clinic with him in our hometown on August 23 & 24th at the brand new outdoor arena that I'm on the commitee for (a whole 2 of us are the commitee).
Brennen & I are both going to that one. There are 12 spaces and more than half of them are already spoken for. And I only arranged the clinic this afternoon. Of course, I don't have the deposits yet, but I know the people and if they want the spot, they'll have the money to me pronto.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

I'm excited Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm excited   I'm excited Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2008, 8:31 pm

awww, Im sorry about the show being cancelled. Sad

But it sounds like your get a much deserved break, and doing what you love... working with horses cheers

you'll have to take some pics! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

I'm excited Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm excited   I'm excited Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2008, 10:56 pm

That show was on July 1st, which is Sean's 5th birthday, so it all worked out. Plus, I'm supposed to serve lunch at the 4-H Beef club's achivement day.
We had another thunder storm today, so I didn't get as much riding in as I would have liked. Instead I did a barn cleaning and went through all the stuff I'll need for Saturday's show. I'm worried I'll forget something like bridles or saddle pads. Or show clothes. I got to the 4-H achievement day without them. Good thing we were only 2 miles away from home. Like that was my fault anyway. It wasn't MY clothes. Brennen or Taegan should have remembered them. That's my version of what happened. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm excited Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm excited   I'm excited Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm excited
Page 1 of 1