Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July Empty
PostSubject: Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July   Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 11:14 am

Our town is having a 125th celebration this July. And one of the things on the agenda is a ranch/cow horse thing. I told the organizer way back that I was really interested in that stuff. So I got entered. Which would be great if we even had cows to practise on, which we don't. The animals on our farm are horses, dogs, cats & gerbils.
Hard to practise working a cow when you only have dogs to practise on. So now I need to get a steer or two (I could name them Ribeye and Sirlion lol). I may have found some to practise on, but I'd better get my butt in gear. I already found a cow horse trainer who is willing to come up and do a cow horse clinic.
And I'll need to get Pep in and start seriously working him. The ground tying thing will really need to be worked on. I always just hobble him if I need to. And the second you don't have a hold on that bridle, he is trying to rub it off. Still haven't found a halter that will stay on him for longer than 5 minutes.
What the heck did I get myself into? It's bad enough that the 4-H club is doing the meal on Friday night, on the Saturday the club is entering the parade, running a gymkhana (which my kids will also enter), and cleaning garbage. Plus our gravel business is supposed to be putting in a float cause Wade's dad is the parade organizer, but I just know it'll be me and the kids making & decorating the gravel float. AND I am entered in the cow horse thing & they are having a barrel racing which I am expected to enter, as they needed 10 local girls for the calcutta portion. And then open shows start right after.
I have NO idea why it's called summer vacation, it's more work than any other time of year.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July   Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 11:16 am

Oh that sounds like Fun! take plenty of photos!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July   Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 11:24 am

I'm already trying to teach Wade to use my camera so he can record it. I'd like to see on video what I look like.
I've been looking on YouTube to check out working cow horse and versatility ranch horse stuff. Looks like a blast. One of the guys I'll be up against is the community pasture manager who shows in ranch rodeos all the time. Another is a kid who went to some horse college. Thank goodness it's for fun, cause I'd likely back out, having to compete against people who know what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July   Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aparently I am entering a cow/ranch horse thing in July
Page 1 of 1