Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sandy got hurt yesterday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Sandy got hurt yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Sandy got hurt yesterday   Sandy got hurt yesterday Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2008, 8:52 am

Brennen & I rode our horses the 2 1/2 miles to town yesterday to participate in the 4-H club's garbage pickup. We tied our horses at a friend's place, to nice stout posts and short, I might add. When we were passing by, we saw that Sandy was laying down. No possible way she could do that with the way I tied her. Her rope was tied long, and in KNOTS. Like as in granny knots that you use to tie your shoes. Seth's halter was laying on the ground, but he didn't stray far from his mother. It was also long and tied funny. I suspect that someone saw my "poor" horse tied high enough that they couldn't get their heads down. In other words, tied safely.
Anyhow, Sandy had a loop of lead rope around her right hind fetlock. Skinned all the hair off under the rope, plus has scratches on her butt and scratched up around her left eye. It took 2 of us to get her untied and unhooked. Those granny knots are freaking hard to untie. So now Brennen's show horse is getting hosed down to relieve the swelling, plus has "blemishes" all over. Poor horse. She was pretty lame when we got her up, but she was walking really well this morning. Brennen will hose her down again before we leave for 4-H lessons. Achievement day is June 8th, only 3 lessons left and he has to use a different horse today. I hope she is better by next week. I hate to see her hurt, especially right now.
Brennen says he's using Seth today. Which is his bay 2 year old. That'll be interesting. But somehow the lesson co-ordinator put both of my kids in the same group today, so they can't just share Tom. And both Freckles and Vamp have foals.
I'm so p'o'd. Why do people who have no understanding on proper horse safety have to go buggering around with someone else's property?
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Sandy got hurt yesterday   Sandy got hurt yesterday Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2008, 12:53 pm

I'd sure be finding out who had the nerve to re-tie that horse! Is it possible that the horse got loose, and someone tied her back up?
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Sandy got hurt yesterday   Sandy got hurt yesterday Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2008, 8:58 pm

Not likely. Cause both of them were re-tied. And Sandy really does NOT like strangers trying to handle her. They'd have had one hell of a time with her.
I believe I found out what happened. It sounds like the little kids across the street were trying to pet them and Sandy took a fit. The babysitter re-tied her thinking that she was pulling cause her rope was too tight, not cause she really hates strangers trying to touch her nose. They won't admit to trying to pet them, just to fixing the rope, but the littler girl told me that "the brown horse" (Seth, who's bay) had a really soft nose. So, pretty positive they were petting them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandy got hurt yesterday   Sandy got hurt yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sandy got hurt yesterday
Page 1 of 1