Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Selling...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Selling... Empty
PostSubject: Selling...   Selling... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2008, 11:10 am

So - I have a few horses for sale...and I am getting increasingly aggrivated by people!

Last night a lady came with her two daughters (10 and 13) to try my older gelding (18). They were HORRIBLE - they chased the donkey, ran the goat around, wanted to play on the walked and paid less attention to the horse they were there to try than anything.

They were only interested in riding him and then when they got frustrated (he was doing exactly what they asked, they just didn't realize it...) they were done.

It was painful - then they were loving all over Gunner (the TB) and he was hamming it up BIG time - blowing kisses, rubbing all over them, etc... I was scared stiff he was going to bite them but he behaved himself...

Anyway - it was just frustrating...

We're cuttiing back by the end of June...so right now I have Darcy, Gunner and Duck for sale...they are all being used so it isn't a huge rush...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Selling... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling...   Selling... Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2008, 9:13 am

Aggravating as all get out, isn't it, when people won't/can't control their kids, especially at that age! I'm glad you didn't sell a horse to 'em!

But I totally agree, selling horses is a pain in the arse; breeding is even worse... they stay... HA!

Hopefully, someone will come along that knows what the heck which end of a horse is, and they'll get good homes!
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Selling... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling...   Selling... Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2008, 7:30 pm

Kidd....I've had to change shoers for reasons like that!!!! They always seem to bring a dog that wants to eat/chase my hens, cats, and/or grandkids.....They bring a jealouse(sp) wife/girlfriend who stares daggers at me/my daughters....Or they'll bring a toddler that I have to babysit. I've even had them ask me for a beer.
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Selling... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling...   Selling... Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2008, 7:39 pm

I understand about the shoer thing! We had one that liked to bring his dog and when that one passed away it was the puppy. He would pay more attention to the puppy then the task at hand! My mom and I just trim our own horses now. lol!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Selling... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling...   Selling... Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2008, 8:30 pm

lol! I just think people have lost their minds.. No manners anymore. That is just rude. Frankly I am really sick of it. I am also very happy I live too far out for some to come here. I have not had the problem with the dogs. The few that have been here just hang out with mine and behave. Anyone that comes with the vet or farrier gets put to work holding horses.. Dancing doggie As far as the kids go all you can do is hope they touch the hot wire.. lol! lol! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Selling... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling...   Selling... Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2008, 11:42 pm

I stopped calling my best shoer because he called and asked to borrow my daughter's brand new English saddle. He said he had ordered one for his daughter, but that they wouldn't get it in time for a certain show. I let him take it....He always forgot to bring it the next time he came out. Well, after 7 months, I called him and asked when would be a good time for me to pick it up. He said he'd bring it in a few days when he had to do our horses. He pulled in the yard, plopped the saddle on the porch steps and told me that he didn't have time to do my horses. I never used him again.

The 2nd best shoer killed my Sir Quincy Dan grandson, and gave Angel the 2 biggest splints in the world!!!!

The list goes on....
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Selling... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling...   Selling... Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2008, 2:32 am

Bluejay- speaking of hot wire, one of Kody's friends came over last weekend and stayed at my parents. He is a complete city boy, well Kody told him to go pee by the tree but forgot to mention the hot wire. Luckily he only touched the fence(Yes, with his private part affraid ) briefly when pulling up his pants. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Selling... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling...   Selling... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selling...
Page 1 of 1