Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crtique Bernie English

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kim

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Crtique Bernie English Empty
PostSubject: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 9:29 pm

Alright have a look... It was super windy and everything was rattling ... if you leave the sound on you can here the huge rattle where he spooks ahah ... I felt him tense so I kind took his face but leg him go because he didn't do anything then he reacted after I let him go ...

PLEASE do not critique me ahah ... it was my first time riding in an engilsh saddle in awhile, I normally just use my western saddle ... I know my hands where horrible ... and I know how it has too look ... I was just riding bad, might have been the wind ... I wasn't really nervous on him ... but maybe subconciously I was bracing myself or something ... so no critiques on me please

I do think he could have had more exstension at the trot ... a little more ... he could have been reaching with his hind end more .. which he normally does, but I wasn't really pushing him too too hard ...

so tell me what you think Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsNgDNewwaE btw ... turn the sound up and you can understand why he spooked Razz
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 9:43 pm

It is still loading <I have dial up> but fron what I have seen so far he looks good. He needs to drive more under himself as you already stated but he is packing his head really nicely and overall he looks really nice Kim.
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 9:59 pm

thanks ... ya he definitely needed to be pushed out ahah ... i didnt want to get trucking too fast though because I didnt want him to really jump and me loose my balance ... I guess I was riding a little timid ... he wasn't bad at all he just got scared a few times haha and then he goes back to being good ... I'm just not used to him spooking so I kind of let up on the pushing ... something I'll get over though ahah Razz
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 10:02 pm

I think you are doing a good job he looks good just work on the consistent headset and get him to drive up under himself more and you will be getting points on him for sure. He is such a nice horse I have always liked him.
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 10:19 pm

ahah i agree and thanks Very Happy Very Happy .... he's normally pretty consistant ... I blame that on myself ... I probably wasn't being consistant ... but I can't expect him to always been perfect soo ahha Razz .. but thanks Very Happy I want to try to get over 15 HUS youth points on him ... I won't be able to get a superior HUS on him this year ... but I think 15 HUS is a good goal because I showed under 11 judges and got ten .. and I'll be showing lots more 14-18 HUS
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 5:15 pm

Aww, he's cute! How tall is he again?
I pretty much agree with everyone else, but it sounds like it was just "one of those days", in terms of the spook, and the nerves, etc. And honestly, YOU looked really good! Don't be so hard on yourself, your lower legs were really still...wish I looked that "bad!"
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 7:46 pm

ahhah aww thanks ... it probably just knew how i felt in that english saddle ahah ... wasn't that comfortable probably because i hadn't ridden in it in awhile nad it was windy ... but I think those spooks were a good thing in a sense ahah ... I need to get more comfortable with that saddle ahah good way to do it I guess ahah Razz

and he's 15.1hh
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 9:04 pm

Yeah, it's wierd about those english saddles. Overall, I feel more balanced in my Western saddle, but I can sit a buck better in the english. Strange, huh?

And yay for him only being 15.1! Spreading hope to shorter HUS horses everywhere Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pistol2012

Pistol2012

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 9:16 pm

wow only 15.1? he looks much bigger than that. My 15 hand mare, betsy, looks like a pony in her classses since all the horses are around 16. The way bernie moves reminds me of how pistol moves. Yeah he just needs alittle more drive and more extension. so does pistol.i have a video of him doing english. youtube, but its really short and i hadn't been riding in a while. plus it was his second time ever riding english. he was going so slow, lazyy Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7xmeAepeE
Back to top Go down
Pistol2012

Pistol2012

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 9:18 pm

looking at it again bernie was WAY better than pistol lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 9:40 pm

He looks good. I would like to see a little more lift in his shoulder,
set back over his hocks a bit more. But it could just be the way he is
built making it look that way. Smile Also (personal preference) I would like to see his neck a little flatter, maybe lifted an inch or so. I think you are within the rules most of the time on the video, but he might look a little more "huntery" if you let him lift his head just a tad and look through the bridle a bit. Smile Obviously those are just nitpicky things! haha. Overall he looks great. Keep up the good work and good
luck this show season! When's your first show?
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2007, 8:24 am

I agree with you QHorse no doubt Very Happy I'll have to get another video of me working him when there isn't as much wind ... you can get soo much more accomplished ... but at the same time it was good for him to just ride through that ahah Razz

Here's our normal look .. again ignore me ahha this was last year and in this class he was actually being a loser but this was just a good shot lol

Crtique Bernie English Aaaaaaaaa-1
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2007, 2:48 pm

Kim wrote:
I agree with you QHorse no doubt Very Happy I'll have to get another video of me working him when there isn't as much wind ... you can get soo much more accomplished ... but at the same time it was good for him to just ride through that ahah Razz

Here's our normal look .. again ignore me ahha this was last year and in this class he was actually being a loser but this was just a good shot lol

He looks great in that photo! Smile Love his headset there and looks like he's carrying himself really well. I understand completely about the wind! And believe me, if I video taped Clara right now no one would ever guess she was a show horse. lol. She is fat and VERY rusty. haha.

Keep up the good work on Bernie! I bet you guys will clean up this summer. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2007, 4:49 pm

ahahah ... I'm gunna be riding in my english saddle a bunch ... I wanna ride in my western show saddle but I just spent hours cleaning it with my mom and I don't wanna make it dirty ahaha Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crtique Bernie English   Crtique Bernie English Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crtique Bernie English
Page 1 of 1