Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kim

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Empty
PostSubject: Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees   Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 1:01 am

ahah ... so what do you think if Bernardo's and Mellow's pedigrees ... be as harsh as you like eheh Very Happy

Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Bernardo2

Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Mellow
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees   Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 4:11 am

Mellow has a nice pedigree (I don't do pleasure Laughing ) she is really foundation bred with Bill Cody and Easter King on her papers some people really like that and some don't. I have a mix of both (my best mare is a King and Bert bred mare and I love Peppy San Badger and Mr. Gun Smoke). Be Aech Enterprise was a nice horse too bad he passed away recently... if she were mine and I know you didn't ask this but I know you are looking at breeding her I would look for a horse with some strong modern lines so your foal is more diverse in todays market there are a couple of really nice stallions fairly reasonable priced with good show records at Hilldale farms where Nu Chex to Cash is from...
this is my favorite if you aren't concerned about color
http://www.hilldalefarm.com/dbs/stallions/standing/details.php?horse=Bueno%20Cash%20Quixote&who=stallions
if you have to have pally check out this one
http://www.hilldalefarm.com/dbs/stallions/standing/details.php?horse=Boomboomvoodoodaddy&who=stallions
both have proven records with great pedigrees so you would be improving on her (which is always a goal in breeding) and getting a foal with performers throughout the sires pedigree w/o having to spend a fortune win win situation! Just my opinion for what it is worth!

edited to add here is some interesting reading on hollywood jac 86 for you if you wanted some more info on him... he isn't one of my personal favorites but he is definately a very good sire w/o a doubt- he proved him self in both the show ring and breeding pen...

http://www.harmonyperformancehorses.com/hollywoodjac86html.htm
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees   Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 7:53 am

Holy smokes the only critique I could give is WOW bred very well top and bottom on both horses. I don't know too much about reinging horses but even I recognize the names on Mellows papers. They both have the who's who of reinging and pleasure!

This is sort of a neat idea actually, I mean both of your horses do exactly what they were bred for. Be kinda neat to do a thing where we post the pedigrees of our horses and say a picture?

I know I had one mare who was bred to halter years ago who I ended up teaching to run barrels because thats what she wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees   Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 11:21 am

Lynn M. >>> Wow thanks Very Happy Very Happy ... I didn't know some of that stuff because I'm new to reining haha Very Happy ... and we don't breed to pally studs because she's a pally and we don't want to risk getting a cremello Razz ... and we aren't breeding her this year now, I think we're just going to drop the breeding we have on Hot Smokin Chex and show her hard ... but next year we'll probably breed ... and I'm really pushing for my parents to breed to custom chrome ... his stud fee is $7000 ... but she always has a baby on the ground who's a pally, and he's just stunning ahah, gunna be a great little colt ... he was born last year Very Happy. And there's also Boomernic, Bueno Chexinic, Reminic (would be sweet but he has a $15,000 stud fee ahah Razz, so that's not happening), Chic Please, Topsail Whiz, and then a few others lol Razz ....

and Tara ... Awesome idea ... I'm going to start a thread right now Very Happy Very Happy ... and thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees   Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 12:09 pm

if you are planning on continuing to show her why not just embroy transfer then? Check out that web site they have some really nice studs that are doing some really nice things in the show pen more money doesn't always equal great get.. I have seen some nice Peptoboonsmal geldings selling for under 10,000.00 these days and his stud fee is 15,000.00 some of these hot studs are flooding the market and you can't get your money out of your babies if you are trying for resale just something to think about...if you are planning on keeping it for something down the road then it won't matter... Also look at Babcock Trashedeaous is now owned by Jim and they will be starting to promote the heck out of him getting in on the ground floor before everyone wants one may be a great way to go he will be worth a lot more in a short amount of time I suspect... esp if she is pretty laid back those Gun smokes tend to be a little hot headed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees   Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 12:51 pm

umm ... the embroy transfer is probably to expensive for us right now, plus we dont have a mare ... It doesn't matter to much anyways ... next year we'll show her in foal ... then I'll be in University anyways until basically the baby cant be weaned till when I come home (probably after I'm home), so then I can just fit her back up and then go show her when she's ready Very Happy Razz ...
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees   Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 12:52 pm

I read somewhere about a program that costs 2500 and that includes the use of the donor mare. I will see if I can find where they do it just so you have that option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees   Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Critique Bernie and Mellow's Pedigrees
Page 1 of 1