Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Slaughter Topic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2008, 12:08 pm

I'm not really opening up a can of worms here, but for those of you who are pro-slaughter, here is the link to a petition to sign, they are getting close to 4,000 signatures:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/horse-owners-in-favor-of-re-opening-slaughter-plants.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2008, 1:29 pm

I posted this earlier... I hope more people sign it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2008, 9:36 pm

I personally wouldn't be against slaughter, if the seller KNEW that his/her horse was going to be killed. It wasn't all that long ago that all the horse magazines were running articles about how killer buyers would answer ads, and even bring a kid along with them....Just to look legit.

I also think that there is a lot of money to be made by anyone with a bunch of land....A horse cemetary. All you need ia a back-hoe and a gun. (if you have the stomach for that sort of thing)

A lot of you have had foals recently. How many of them do you expect/want to be killed in a slaughter house? The big breeders would say that it's the small breeder that is causing the over-population of horses.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2008, 10:18 pm

I still say slaughter stupid people.. Twisted Evil cheers Not loving inocent animals.. No Or maybe become big time and just criple them and through them away... Evil or Very Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Ragdoll

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 9:21 pm

My first choice is to not allow the slaughter of horses....But there is always someone who wants to make a buck, regardless of how much pain it causes.

Speaking of stupid people....I was drawn to a big poster on a bulleton board at the feed store the other day. It turned out to be an ad for a freek'n Mexican rodeo that wil be held at the county fairgrounds!!!!!! Among the many cruel events is horse tripping!!!!!!! Nevada hasn't passed a law against it yet. I called the county animal control officer. She asked where she could see the poster.....I don't think there is anything she can do to stop it.
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 10:31 pm

Ok, what is horse tripping?
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 11:14 pm

Horse tripping is a Mexican rodeo event.....There are 2 people on horses... One of them chases the horse til it's running at top speed....Then the other guy ropes either the front or back feet. The object is to bring the horse to the ground.....They especially like to see them sommersault. Nearly every horse is injured in some way....Many have broken legs. The Mexicans really like it. It shows how "macho" they are. They do the same sort of thing to cattle too.

There are a lot of horse tripping video clips on the internet.

Indians like it too....They do it all the time on the reservations, where "white man's law" can't stop them.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2008, 12:13 pm

More stupid humans.... affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2008, 4:58 pm

i thought horse tripping was one of the worst "activities" we do with our horses until I found the horse suicide race.... google it Shocked &%$#!@$^*(^^$#@!@! is all I have to say! Mad
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2008, 8:43 pm

Ya....That race is stupid....Stupid people. I'm pretty sure the race is held on indian land.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slaughter Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter Topic   Slaughter Topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slaughter Topic
Page 1 of 1