Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp Empty
PostSubject: Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp   Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2008, 6:09 pm

So, the people want the Shetland. They are picking him up tomorrow after lunch. We'll really miss him, we've had him for 7 years, but it's one less to feed and Sean has been riding the welsh instead, so he's going to a home with 2 little girls who'll just love him to pieces.
Then we had a woman and her daughter come to look at Sawyer, Vamp's 2 year old. They came early. I was riding Vamp around, tuning her up and checking fences. So I threw a halter on Sawyer and let the daughter ride Vamp back to the barn while I led Sawyer and talked to the mom. They were real interested in the fact the Vamp was his dam and how quiet she is and all her barrel and pole accomplishments. So they asked how much I wanted for her. I told them $6000. Keep in mind that she has won alot and has a great mind. I couldn't likely replace her for that, but I put that price on her and am sticking to it. They offered me $2500. I was completely insulted. And then she had the audacity to tell me to take some time to think the offer over. She got her daughter to phone me on Tuesday. The kid is all of about 13. So she asks if I had considered their offer. I said no. Cause I hadn't even considered that a real offer. So she gets her mom on the phone. Who was the one who should've been talking to me in the first place. Trying to get me to say yes cause it's a kid isn't gonna work with me.
So anyhow, she asked if I needed more time. I said no, i needed more money. I told her straight out that I never considered her offer at all, that Vamp was priced at $6000 and that was a firm price, that I considered her offer an insult and that I wasn't selling a winning horse for a prospect price. I think her price is pretty low for what she's done anyhow.
What is it that makes people think they are gonna get a top horse for crap prices. I know the market isn't good right now, but really.
So we have more people coming to look this weekend, as the forecast is great. Last weekend turned nasty and most of the ones coming to look called to reshedule. Wish me luck. I'd love to get rid of a few 2 year olds and yearlings. I got one yearling sold, we're just waiting on his papers to get back from the AQHA.
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp   Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2008, 10:22 pm

If you are getting that many people out to look at your horses in February in Canada, I would definitely be firm about the price! It's har d around here to even get a nibble, so I'm glad we are not selling any right now, but friends who are are having no luck. Sounds like you can sell to someone. That woman is only looking for a bargain, and if she's that chintzy, you probably don't want her owning your horse anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp   Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2008, 10:02 am

I would of stood firm on my price to. Its a slap in the face. Its a good deal that your getting people out looking. I'm sure you'll sell them. What you dont sell just send over to my house.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp   Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 4:52 pm

In all honesty, from the wins Vamps had, and from how you explained her to me... Here even in this market, she's be atleast a 5 digit priced horse. she's one of those who is irreplacable, and at 6k, thats still a huge deal.

Did they say anything more on her colt? isn't it hard to continue to be nice with people who do that type of thing? I had one offer 1500 on a horse I had up for 4500.... um thats no 500 dollar difference, thats 3k difference. People need to realize that there are many of us canadians dealing with bad markets, however many of us are still firm believers that people need to be paying a good price for a quality horse. We put time into these horses, and Time = Money!!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp   Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 6:57 pm

She is still trying to get me to sell her Vamp, so I'm highly doubting that she'll buy the 2 year old, but I'm actually glad. Even Wade agreed that even if she came into the yard with the 6 thou, we'd likely not let her have the horse, just cause of how much she has ticked me off.
I've been real lucky with getting people to look. A guy came this morning. Just showed up out of the blue to look at a yearling. I didn't see him coming down the lane. I had just finished dumping square bales and was driving my truck up our lane to our driveway, which is on a bit of a hill. To avoid hitting him, I ended up in the ditch. I had to use Wade's truck to pull me out. I told him I wanted a 4x4. lol.
The guy likes the colt. He's a red dun out of Trouble, the chestnut in my pic and by Pep. He left me a deposit check, waiting for the papers to come back before he takes him.
I keep thinking I should send some horses up to Alberta to sell. Sounds like the prices are better where you are Brandi.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp   Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 10:10 pm

It really is hard with some of those... You don't want to be rude and get bad rep... But sometimes... Its dang HARD Laughing

I had 2 ladies come out one time to look at a filly of mine for sale. I was only about 15 at the time, and they saw my colt.. Insulted him and then offered me $200 less than I was asking. I guess they thought because I was young I'd just give in... But I turned down the offer, and they still stuck around... offering slightly more. I politely told them the price was firm... And they still stuck around as I continued about my chores. The colt sold a couple weeks later for exactly what I was asking Very Happy

Personally, If I had the cash... i'd pick up Vamp in a heart beat... Such heart that girl has I love you

I sometimes get people out here... But the horse market is being flooded here with the US horses pouring in... Alberta has the most slaughter houses in Canada except for I think Quebec? Prices aren't so great LOL Most of my interest is coming from Saskatchewan!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp   Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sold the pony, got an insulting offer on Vamp
Page 1 of 1