Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Empty
PostSubject: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2008, 9:20 am

PHBA has proposed new changes to the number of points needed to receive Rom's, Superiors, Chamionships. They have proposed the number of points be raised for all awards.

The shows numbers are falling now, if they change the number of points needed for awards, plus the proposed point change, I feel the shows will suffer even more. I have not seen an A rated show in my area for a long time. I also worry that the clubs will not be able to hold shows, if the entries are not there, there is noone to pay the bills for the shows.

Maybe some other areas than mine have good entries but I do think it will trickle on down the line. Boy someone better think this one over.

Anyone that would like to see the whole proposal can email me and I will forward it on. Im not sure if every member received it via email.
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2008, 9:49 am

I agree, I have a huge concern over this.. the attendance is already low to even get the points needed now, this a reason I showed my yellow in AQHA the past 2yrs. They really need to rethink this... its certainly not going to help our area.
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2008, 11:40 am

Yes, if they change the point system and change the number of pts. needed for roms, superiors, champions, we are in terrible trouble, at least at this end.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2008, 9:46 am

If these associations don't get their head out of their rearend, all they're going to be used for is simply to register the horses; then you'll find specialized associations, like SBA, NRHA, NCHA, etc.... they're already working on a halter association... idgits!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2008, 10:32 pm

BOY COT them I say.. They are in trouble anyway. I have a contending paly colt and there are no paly shows in Oregon. Only one in August at the stare fare.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2008, 11:47 pm

OK let me ask you this.. If you could go one day, What day would you pick, I cant make up my mind! But Im going ONE Day...
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2008, 9:11 am

Sat. would be the day to go.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2008, 10:51 am

That is the Day, I think I will run up. IM GOING TO STAND UP AND SAY ARE YOU CRAZY! affraid Hee Hee
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2008, 8:15 pm

Voice you oppion loud if possible. I had asked to be on the show committee when I was going, but now I can't be there. Boy I sure hope they listen to the members.
Do you have a pal. club to represent Ky.? The more there the better.

Oh, I love the beek a boo
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2008, 3:09 am

Thanks. Shes a mess! Love to try and sneak out of the stall...

I hope to be able to stand up and say some of the thoughts Ive heard. Do you Jeff and Sharon Ohler.. I think thats how they spell it. Well they are in our ky PHBA club, and they are kind of for it. Of corse they travel all over.. Money isnt really a big deal with them.
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2008, 9:13 am

I have not been to one of the conventions before, but am not sure if you can just speak out. I know I had to as a national director ask to be put on the show committee. If I was you I would call PHBA now and ask them if you will be aloud to speak out or what do you have to do to speak.
I sure hate to miss this but when I checked the airlines to just fly in for the final day, the airline ticket was just under 500 and that was a few weeks ago, Im sure it has gone up by now. That is a little to much to fly in for 1 day. If I was to drive it I would need 2 days for just driving.

I don't know the Ohlers, they have not shown at this end. I hope they don't go if they are for the change. Tie them up, so they can't go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES   PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PHBA PROPOSED CHANGES
Page 1 of 1