Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....

Go down 
+4
Triple J Quarter Horses
emma&slim09
SSFarm2
Bucks&Blues
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Empty
PostSubject: Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....   Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2008, 6:11 pm

I havent been on here much and have been pretty quiet when I do get on.

Just wanted to say that me and SlimandEmma just got back from the Ft Worth QH show. Vegas and I did pretty good, and I am very pleased. Last year we got 6th in Open Halter and this year we got 4 5th places in Am and Open. That means I actually beat someone 4 times! She was an awesome mare for me in the arena.

I do have to say that I have NEVER seen so many cow bred horses in halter, maybe at open shows, but not this many in a QH show. In every class I promise there were more cow horses than real halter bred horses. It was neat, us cow breds out numbered the real halter horses, IN EVER CLASS!

I dont know if this is a sign of what may be happening, or if it was all just a big coinsidense (sp?). I noticed that it wasnt the huge horses winning either, it was the less massive, but still adequately muscled horses out there pulling the blues. The big guys were actually placing lower, and I actually beat one of those big girls.

Mike Mcmillan was there and was handling a stud that took grand in aged stallions, he was perfect, wasnt as big as the rest of the class, smaller, but perfect.

There were 2 horses that managed to flip over and get away from their handlers, all were immediately excused. One even tried to come back in my open class with a lame horse, and the judges caught it, and excused her again, I heard parts of the crowd clap when she was excused for being lame.

I wanted to talk to one of the judges so bad, and see what they thought about what they saw in the halter classes.

We got pics made by Shane Rux, but they said it would take about a month to get them.

Vegas' sire got 2nd and 3rd in Am and a 3rd and 4th in Open.

We plan on trying to go to the Waco show in April and another in Corsicana in March. Im excited to see what the halter classes look like at those shows!
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....   Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2008, 7:43 pm

Way to Go , Congrats cheers
Are you saying the cow horses are doing well in the regular halter and not the performance halter. Well heck I showed a mare for years that is a mack truck and she is bred to be a reiner, so go figure. Oh, she has over 500 Pal. points, not sure how many AQHA points.

It will be interesting to see what the halter classes at my end do. We don't start until April.
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....   Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2008, 9:29 pm

Yep, it was in the actual halter classes, not performance. There were a LOT of cow bred horses and most of them were placed higher than the actual halter bred horses.

I'll post some of the pictures I took tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....   Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2008, 12:45 am

kitty Yeah! Thats great!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....   Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2008, 10:14 am

Congrats on your showing. Did you get any points?

Last time I went to the quarter Corsicana show, every trainer was there except for Ted Turner - very small show, and was cold as the blue blazes!!!!

I'll be at the open shows in Corsciana starting in April, the series... Rick's driving me batso wanting that buckle, why don't you come!!!
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....   Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2008, 12:41 pm

Congrats ! Post some pictures when you can flower
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....   Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2008, 1:04 pm

Good job! Can't wait to see some pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....   Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2008, 6:24 pm

SSFarm2 wrote:
Way to Go , Congrats cheers
Are you saying the cow horses are doing well in the regular halter and not the performance halter. Well heck I showed a mare for years that is a mack truck and she is bred to be a reiner, so go figure. Oh, she has over 500 Pal. points, not sure how many AQHA points.

It will be interesting to see what the halter classes at my end do. We don't start until April.

Yep thats it. I was almost convinced they had the wrong horses in the wrong classes, but I guess not. I dont think the performance halter was very big at all. You should watch the classes at your end and see whats going on there. I am curious to see too.

Im not sure if I got any points, but if I did it might only be a 1/2 a point or 1 point. It was double judged, so I may have actually squeaked out with 1 point, who knows. Ft Worth is so slow about sending the paperwork to AQHA, so I wont know for about a month.

Im trying to look at the Shane Rux Photography site, but I dont see my pics anywhere. Oh well I will just have to scan them when I get them.

I want to go to the Corsicana open shows, it looks like fun. I might just do that!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....   Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2008, 6:37 pm

Congrats,look forward to seeing the pictures. cheering cheering
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....   Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got back from the Ft Worth Stock Show....
Page 1 of 1