Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Found a truck, off to pick it up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Found a truck, off to pick it up Empty
PostSubject: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2007, 11:11 am

We found a 1998 Dodge 1500 extended cab. It's blue, with a long box and 2 wheel drive. Personally, I would have preferred a 4x4 cause our roads can get nasty, but at least it's a truck. And a long box is terrible in parking lots, Wade's truck is a long box and he likes them, but I supposed I can fit a lot of tack boxes in one. lol.
The best part is that it is near where Merikle Waters lives, so I'm gonna get to visit her. I think 10 hours is a long way to drive to get a truck, but all the ones around here were twice the price.
My kids are at my mom's, my bag is packed, so I'd better get off the computer and on the road.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2008, 2:06 am

Yay Im so excited!!!! Very Happy Can't wait to meet you. Can't imagine how we talked for about 2 hours and I still haven't given you directions LOL.

I paid about 12K for my truck... 1998 Chev 1/2 ton, 200 K kms, 3 inch lift, stereo system, 4X4, box cover thingy? over sized tires, leather interior (how cold is that! LOL), kinda regretting it now... I love my truck, and love the reaction I get when people see me driving it or getting out of it, but 12K is a lot to dig myself out of... especially for a first vehicle.

Working hard on it, I've owned it since before going to the Dominican republic so in Nov, and I'm already owing $1000 less, but I got a long ways to go. I better get a darn good job after graduating college to pay for it! Hopefully a top notch stable! Very Happy

Hopefully your truck works out for you, and I guess I'll get to see it tomorrow! Yay! Never thought i'd get to meet someone off the board! Especially someone who breeds simmilar horses.

So when is everyone else gonna come visit us canadians? hahah ROFL Laughing
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2008, 10:45 am

Mine was only $3300. It's a '98 Dodge 1/2 ton. Extended cab long box. It drives like a dream, lots of pick up. Has new tires and they gave us the old ones with the rims, which are 15". My biggest complaints are that the heater fan doesn't blow worth a darn. A big deal when you drive more than 10 hours and have to leave your jacket on. The other thing is that the switch to move the driver's seat forward isn't working and I'm just that little bit farther from the pedals as I'd like to be. But it all goes in to get fixed on Monday, so I'm not too worried. My kids love it, that helps.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2008, 11:48 am

I'm just really happy you got your own wheels, it's your first step to being truly independent. Seems to me like hubby is cooperating a little more?
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2008, 10:10 pm

He's so much better that I'm not entirely sure that aliens didn't take him and send me a replacement. I even got the truck in my name. He told me it was a little late, but that he hoped I liked my Christmas present. He increased the amount I get for groceries and such. That'll certainly help. I took some advice from 7C and sat down and talked to him. Usually he is hard to talk to, but I think I might have got him to understand my point of view. He is at work now and will be there for about 3 weeks. We'll see what he's like when he gets back.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2008, 12:46 am

Sometimes that's just what you have to do, is set them down and set them straight. I'm not married, but with Tyler, we've been together for over two years now and about seven months ago, he got a little big for his breeches. You can bet your butt he shrank back down to size when I told him we were done unless he got it together. I think men get into a habit of acting a certain way, and every now and then, you have to give them a talkin too. But honestly chick, good for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2008, 10:58 am

I think a big thing is how their mommas raised them. I'm making sure my boys can cook and clean. At 11, Brennen can help with the cooking, laundry, dishes, general cleaning, plus barn work. Sean is only 4, so he does less, but I discovered that he loves to use the toilet brush. I can only hope that he keeps on liking it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2008, 12:28 pm

Funny that you guys mention this. Over the Christmas break and up till a couple of days ago, I've been on the phone non-stop with my middle sister, who's having serious problems with things, and then to the other sisters and mom, discussing the situation.

As I told my sister, you can't just say whatever. Women think in 3 different perspectives, black, white and gray. Guys think black and white. If you say something, you have to be very specific, or they don't get it. As I told my sister, you have to talk to them like they're a 2-year old.

And what we need to start explaining to our daughters and sons, is look at their parents, how they treat each other, and 95% of the time, they'll treat you the same way when they're older. You do marry the in-laws, in the end.

Tell you a funny story my grandmother used to tell us. Apparently granddad wasn't exactly perfect earlier in their marriage. Anyhoos, grandmother cooks something, granddad says it doesn't taste like his mom's and "sorta" turns his nose up a bit. You've have to know my grandmother... she simply takes the food, opens the back door and throws the whole thing out, walks back in, and says, fine, you can go and eat at your mother's. We always thought that was hilarious when we were kids and grandmother would tell us that. I can picture it, with her hands on her hips, standing her ground, saying it and with granddad with his mouth wide open.... cracks me up every time I think about it.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2008, 12:37 pm

That would be hilarious.
Tonight Brennen is making supper, he got 2 kids cookbooks and is doing the menu himself. I'll help out, but it's nice to have one who wants to learn to cook.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2008, 11:56 am

Yep, boys definitely need to learn to cook. Dillon's pretty good. Trent, on the other hand, his forte is opening a can of chili, so I made both boys take the cooking class at school this year. Trent's actually been cooking, but he needs to know how so he can take care of himself or help out in the kitchen later.

I know one thing, if I walk into one of my son's houses when they're grown, married and have kids, and if I see wife in there slaving in the kitchen, with kids running around willy nilly, and my son sitting in his favorite chair, telling everybody to be quiet so he can watch TV, there's probably going to be a whupping! HA! I might have to use my cane to do it, but it'll be done!!!!

One thing I've always taught my sons is you'd better not disrespect a girl or woman! So far, it's working out all right...
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2008, 12:29 pm

I think that is one of the most important things a boy should be taught. What alot of people tend to forget is that our little boys grow up to be husbands and fathers. What we teach them now affects not only their wives and kids, but future generations.
I don't want Brennen to think that women should be doing all the work. He comes out with me to do chores, but what message is Wade sending to him when Brenn & I are out cleaning the barn or fixing fence and he is on the couch? Ok, so Wade figures he goes out and earns a wage and I'm the one who wants the horses. But are the kids able to understand that distinction? I'm gonna say no.
So, my solution to is make the kids understand that men have more responsibility than just going out and working. A household takes alot to keep it running smooth. My boys are learning that. I can only hope it sticks.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2008, 10:25 pm

Good for you Denise!!!

Were you able to pick up some stuff in Alberta before you left? stuff that would be cheaper (no pst) with your extra $$?

Honestly, I can say I've had it pretty easy here growing up with my parents, however I am a responsible person, taught values, budgeting, owning up to things etc.

So even though I work, help around the house and farm, and of course feed my own animals (and have no issues pitching in to help my dad with his animals), I can bake, but am not the best cook simply because I've never taken the time to learn (and I should have.,.. my dad is a licensed chef).

So, my new job at the group home on my property has put everything into perspective... I cook, I clean, I do laundry and everything inbetween... Even handling the rank youngsters who live there. I thought I appreciated my parents so much for doing so much for me, and making me grow up proper... But I have an all new appreciation for them.

Some of these kids make me want to go get my tube's tied, but I know if I do what you guys are doing, show them how to grow up to be independant, loving, kind, responsible individuals.... and make it my responsibility to do so, I'll be ok.

So thank you to all of you! You're making the responsibile indivuals by being good parents! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found a truck, off to pick it up   Found a truck, off to pick it up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found a truck, off to pick it up
Page 1 of 1