Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We got a new trailer!!!

Go down 
+3
Bluejay
7cedars
stockman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

We got a new trailer!!! Empty
PostSubject: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 8:14 pm

Well, actually we had to get a new trailer because our previous trailer was a small 2 horse straight load and we discovered it was way too small for our new horse! Anyway we got a "new to us" Merhow 3 horse slant load with a big dressing room. It's 7 foot tall and very wide so plenty of room plus we got a great deal.
Anyways our old trailer didnt have a dressing room and this is going to be great for us to have some room to spread out. My daughter is excited about outfitting the tack room. It has a 3 horse saddle rack already but thats it. Anybody have some ideas of indispensable items we will need to have to make the shows go easier?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:02 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! So cool getting a new trailer. I'm sure everybody will jump in on all the stuff to pack it with... I would, but I'm too tired and can't think straight.

Just think of everything you can possibly put in one, you'll get to where you have 2 of everything; one at the barn and one set in the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:50 pm

That is great. Will make it so much more fun hauling to the show and having all your stuff organized. I keep mine loaded and ready to go.. I just go through everything and refil as needed. Makes the whole thing so much easier.. You already know how much work is involved in just getting ready.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 12:53 am

Congratulations!! Smile

Here are a few things that we like to keep in our dressing room:

--Fix-a-Flat in case of a flat tire
--A wire shelving unit
--Little plastic baskets that suction cup to the door/wall - Good for hat sponges, pens, gloves, hair brush, etc. Anything you might need to grab in a pinch.
--Magnetic/stick-on clips to hang on the door - Great to hang show bill & scrap paper for writing down patterns

I'm sure I'm missing something since I haven't shown since September, but that is a start. Smile
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 9:28 am

Need to get you one of those deals, where if you have a flat, you can pull up on it to change it... sorry, still on my first cup of coffee, brain's not kicking in yet.

And oh, and make sure that the lugnut changer deal is the right size for your trailer... don't ask! HA!

Don't forget toilet paper, paper towels, wipes.

When you get a chance, why don't you pop a picture up. Those Merhows are supposed to be real good trailers, for what I hear.
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 9:50 am

I like the idea of the suction baskets and the fix a flat and we have one of those things you use to change the tire from our old trailer. We are going to mount a bar across the front of the dressing room to hang all my daughter's outfits with a shelf acrooss the top for hats and whatever. And then we have a big plastic trunk we keep show pads and blankets in that can double as a bench to sit on for putting on boots or whatever.
I'll have to have my daughter take pictures of it. I'm not that great with stuff like that. Right now it is over at my mother-in-laws driveway becuase we have too much snow back there to store it! Our other trailer is also a Merhow and we liked it, because they are very lightweight, but this one seems sturdier. They are made in Indiana so you probably see more of them up this way.
Back to top Go down
BeePrettyJack

BeePrettyJack

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 10:06 pm

Congrats on the new trailer! bounce Let's see, what do I keep in mine that people haven't already mentioned...

Magnetic mirror,
fold up chair in the dressing room that we just leave in there. It's nice to sit down on while you're changing.
Extra lunge line and whip that just stays in there
spare halter and lead
In my collapsable rear tack I keep a manure bucket and fork, and things like extra haybags.
Water bucket and one of those 5 gallon camping water containers
Baby wipes and misc. rags
First aid stuff

Hmm, Ok that's a good addition to what's already there...
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 12:01 am

Congratulations on your new trailer. New trailers are so fun, I really enjoy getting everything organized. I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but a hose is a good thing to carry and some chairs too.

Hope to see some pictures of your trailer soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2007, 5:13 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!

Smarty Pants, Go ahead and brag. Because I sure would be.. Wink
Buckets, Show Buckets, Buckets that you leave in your trailer and never take out. Chains or ties to hold buckets Feed buckets as well
Extra Halter In case one breaks
Extra lead rope " "
Baby wipes
paper towels
Water Container
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2007, 6:20 pm

Thanks , everyone, for your help! I'm gettting some great ideas on things to stock the trailer with, things I never would have thought of right away, but, of course, I would definitely have thought of them when I'm already at the show! Show season is still seeming a long way away though! We're huddled in front of the heaters.... the snow's finally melting but the cold won't go away!
Back to top Go down
B3

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2007, 1:04 pm

7cedars wrote:
Need to get you one of those deals, where if you have a flat, you can pull up on it to change it...

You can make one of those REAL cheap...get a 2 1/2 foot section of 4x4 treated lumber, cut the end at about a 60-degree angle (so you can drive up on it), then nail the piece you cut off on top of the blunt end to make sort of a tire-stop so you don't drive off the end. My husband has made several - they work great! (I think ours was free b/c he used a leftover piece of lumber from when we were building a shed...)
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2007, 2:09 pm

baymare wrote:
7cedars wrote:
Need to get you one of those deals, where if you have a flat, you can pull up on it to change it...

You can make one of those REAL cheap...get a 2 1/2 foot section of 4x4 treated lumber, cut the end at about a 60-degree angle (so you can drive up on it), then nail the piece you cut off on top of the blunt end to make sort of a tire-stop so you don't drive off the end. My husband has made several - they work great! (I think ours was free b/c he used a leftover piece of lumber from when we were building a shed...)

Hey, Id like a picture of that. Is that possible? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We got a new trailer!!!   We got a new trailer!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We got a new trailer!!!
Page 1 of 1