Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

heheh politics!!

Go down 
+3
7cedars
SuperLope
Kim
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kim

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-02-07

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 6:21 pm

ok so what's your take on the American Gov't.

Personally not a fan ... (not really a fan of the Cdn. gov't either)

my biggest problems are

1. The fact then when they passed their Patriot Act ... the whole thing was typed up and changed and sent to people at 3:50am or around that time by Bush's group... and there was no pay people could get through the 350 pages of the Act by 11am to vote ... so it was voted on and passed before anyone had a real chance to read it ... and now even immigrants who are victims of a crime can get in troubel with the gov't

2. The fact that US has a military base in Cuba where they are holding prisions from Iraq, Pakestan (sp), Afganistan and other places ...and Bush is saying that all these people are bad people ... well the fact is there are a lot of bad people in there but there are man people who don't belong there ... for example ... children and men well into their 80s ... the gov't has also said that the Geneve (sp) Act doesn't apply ... so therefore its telling other countries its okay to torcher americans as well ... because they are being torchered in this place ... they barely get any food ...

3. The fact that over 1000 immigrants were arrested, detained in solitary detentions given no reason .. then deported to a country (i forget the name) where the Americans know they torched people ... and these do this because they say in US you can't torcher .. .and then they torcher these people to get terriost stuff out of them but the problem is most of these people know nothing ...

A man from Canada was in US for a business trip and the RCMP thought he had information about terriost attacks, so they told the US police and he was arrested then deported there and torchered ... when he was finally freed her sued the Cdn gov't .. and they had to give them millions ... which is good because he knew nothing ... and now he is in the process of sueing the US ..

now my problems with the Cdn. gov't

> dumb as door nails ... they lie cheat and steal ... its not about who's more qualified to be a member of parliament ... its who can lie and cheat their way to the top
> our stupid terriost bill and then arresting a bunch of men in TO because they thought they were terriosts
> are Charter of Rights protects individual rights, but sometimes WAY to much and people who are dirty criminals get off because a police did an illegal search is the DUMBEST thing in the world ... and our Criminal Code and Charter of Rights always clash with one another and the Charter always wins and lets so stupid criminal out ... and basically if any cases are similar they end the same ... and if something goes against the law say ... like abortion ... if they let the man veto the decision they would have to basically not illegalize all abortions ...

The worst is all the terriost bills/laws ... its the dumbest thing to try to put immigrants in jail, torcher them ... etc. honestly you cut off a line of communication when in fact these immigrants can warn you off a terriost attack etc ....

I don't like either US or CAN gov'ts personally ... there are good things abuot them all but I still don't like either of the parties in power ... can't wait till I can vote in CAN ahaha ...

just my opinions and I know some people love their gov't ... but I thought it would be nice to talk a little politics ... but lets keep it COMPLETELY respectful ... remembering everyone has their own opinions Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 6:48 pm

well I'm not a huge fan of the Government here -- but I do support the president becuase I don't think John Kerry would have done much better (and his face looked like a raisin) affraid I think our form of democracy is great but like anything it depends on how you intrpret it -- such a confusing issue lol

haha Stephen Harper is like a member of the Bush family!

one thing I like is the culture in Canada now Little Mosque on the Prairie is about the funniest show I've ever seen and well if that were played in America there would be lawsuits out the wazoo! Shocked
Back to top Go down
B2

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 6:53 pm

I fully and completely support any action the military/govt feels is needed to prevent 9-11 from ever happening again. It may sound horrible of me but I do not care the least whether there are a few people being held to insure that no one has to go through what happened that day to thousands of people and the people who loved them.

Tougher laws, stricter guidelines and let them be afraid to ever try that again. I had to be alone for over a year with our kids who had just turned 2 and 4 years old because of the crap the terrorists did to our country. I had to be afraid everyday when the phone rang or there was a knock at my door to tell me that my husband was killed over there.

My beef? that the US and Canada for that matter give more rights to people who are not even tax paying citizens of either country. Lets see you go to Iraq and have ONE right...not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Kim

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:10 pm

I agree to a degree ... but we're talking thousands of innocent people were torchered ...that's not right IMO ... I agree I don't think John Kerry would have been much better ... and Stephen Harper is better then PAul Martin but still my lord ... I dont think have the members of parliments have brains lol ... well maybe they do ahha ... but I agree ... criminals have more rights then law abiding citizens ... like our Charter of Rights protects criminals more then it does society ... I dont think any gov't will be perfect ... but I think sometimes when you go to far with something (ie. having innocent people deported and torchered) then you actually make it a bigger risk for terriost attacks ... because you take away that line of communication ... I'll bet you if anyone who was an immigrant from afganistan or other middle eastern countries hadwho were living in US or CAN at the time and they heard there was going to be a terriost attack the majority would have run off and told the gov't. the problem is the gov't wouldn't listen and then when it did happen that person who tried to warn them would be arrested ...
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:14 pm

As far as I'm concerned, the lives we've lost because of 9/11, etc., pay back hasn't even started yet.

As far as illegal aliens having any rights whatsoever in this country - that is just flat wrong, in my humble opinion! And if torture saves one American life, then so be it. You started it, by GAWD we'll finish it!
Back to top Go down
Kim

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:18 pm

ya but its torture of innocent american citizens (and as I know at least one Canadian citizen) .... there's also other countries who at the time were in the war zone and weren't even part of the world ... what gives anybody the right to lock up a child ... that's when its gone to far ... IMO
Back to top Go down
B2

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:24 pm

Kim I can tell you with all certainy that what you hear on the tv/radio is not only blown out of porportion but is also lacking MANY facts. I got to hear first hand the things that you won't hear or see on tv. Also alot more I will never hear for I think its 7 years, I am not sure that I will even want to hear about it when my husband is able to tell me though.

I am proud of you though, as a young woman caring the way you do and being mature about it. Keep that attitude you have your going to be an amazing adult!
Back to top Go down
Kim

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:39 pm

ahah thanks Tara .... but a lot of the stuff I posted above (about the states at least ) was from a documentary I watched yesterday ..... but its the same as I'm almost positive the gov't filter what's coming back from the war ... maybe not as much as they could in WW1 or WW2 ... but I believe they still are ... I dont think anyone can completely know what's going on unless they are there ...

I can't stand the Canadian or provincial gov't sometimes ... like this stupid pit bull ban thing in Ontario ... I know a lot of pit bulls have attacked ... and I totally understand the law ... but why don't rottweilers have the same law .... my not chauhuahua's ?? I bet you they attack more, they just can't give as suvere of a bite of they can be removed easier ... I think the stereotype pitbulls specifically is stupid ... Personally I'm not a fan of pitbulls at all ... but there are man other agressive dog breeds that attack everyday but don't make the news because they aren't "pitbulls"

My mom works for the provincial gov't and I tell ya ... some people just blow my mind ahahah Razz but I'm very thankfull to be living in Canada and not a country of poverty ... even with everything that happens ... I hate hearing people say they hate their country ....
Back to top Go down
B2

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 10:01 pm

>> I dont think anyone can completely know what's going on unless they are there ... <<<

That what my husband says all the time LOL he says I was there until you have been you have no idea. He makes me humble let me tell you and makes me get misty eyed when he does talk about it. He would go again but thank god he retired from the Navy this past November. He believes in why he was sent he is proud of what they did over there and he tells me quite often that we live in the greatest country in the world.

I think you should run for a govt office when your old enough Kim, I am a Canadian citizen I would vote you in. Side note my husband says I should get my american citizenship but I won't I was born and bred in canada and will always remain a citizen even though I have loved and spent more years in the states.
Back to top Go down
Kim

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 10:51 pm

haha yay Very Happy actually I told my dad I want to be Prime Minister one day nad I want to be the first female to last a full term lol ... and then it will be sweet because the only other prime minister was a Kim ahah Razz Razz ...
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 10:09 am

I'm not a very politcal person but my husband grew up in a family of elected officials and he is very opinionated! The other day we were at a basketball game and our US representative was there who my husband knows and he went right up there and gave him a piece of his mind about not supporting President Bush in sending more troops to Iraq. Well the guy apparently got so much negative feedback for that that he has reversed his position and is now supporting at least more money for the troops that are there. Sounds kind of flipfloppy but really they are supposed to represent the people and should take their constituents views into mind. And this shows that by getting involved you can change things. Sounds like you will go a long way, Kim. Keep expressing your opinions!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kim

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 5:21 pm

thanks! ... I'm all for terriost laws , however I think you need to have some sort of evidence ... ie. more then one person saying something or something ... I dont think its right to go around arresting tons of people and no give them a reason or a court date or bail or anything ... but I think that the gov't should be allowed to arrest someone when they have a reasonable amount of suspicion .... I think that there needs to be laws for it ... but I think they need to be strict and fair and not go to unreasonable lengths at times Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2007, 2:12 pm

Quote :
I fully and completely support any action the military/govt feels is needed to prevent 9-11 from ever happening again. It may sound horrible of me but I do not care the least whether there are a few people being held to insure that no one has to go through what happened that day to thousands of people and the people who loved them.
AMEN!
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2007, 4:35 pm

lol I just did a paper on Kim Cambell for my Canadian Studies class!

it's just such a dirty war we're fighting (I say we I guess I mean the men and women who are brave enough to serve) The insurgents are allowed to use an almost modern form of guerrilla warfare and this war in Iraq is all about politics -- it's not about oil!

don't get me started on Gitmo! lol I researched this last year and it puts the Government between a rock and a hard place really. I mean if you get information that someone is a terrorist and you arrest them and they don't give you information are you supposed to believe that they are innocent. Go to any jail and every prisoner will say that they are innocent.

When your a suspected terrorist I don't believe that innocent until proven guilty applies to you because you have to be doing some pretty shady stuff to be a suspected terrorist. and if you have to be tortured to speak I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing when you consider that the information could save many lives. The lesser of two evils.

I know one thing I hate politics but I like government!

But can a democratic government exist without politics? the questions we ask ourselves lol! scratch Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kim

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2007, 4:54 pm

US and CAN has democratic things about it but in no way do I think we are a complete democracy ... it just doesnt happen that way ...

but everyone should watch the movie Unconsitutional ... it puts a new perspective on things ..... I dont completely agree with it because there is obviously another side of thing s... its a one side movie ... but its not like the US gov't would cooperate to give them the other side
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2007, 8:45 pm

Tara wrote:
Side note my husband says I should get my american citizenship but I won't I was born and bred in canada and will always remain a citizen even though I have loved and spent more years in the states.

lol you sound like my dad! he's all Canadian lol! he refuses to get his citizenship I don't know why ... I think it has to do with his pride lol I am reminded of this becuase every morning he drives like 10 minutes out of his way to get a Tim Horton's coffee! Laughing and we pay so much extra money to on the TV bill to get all of these Canadian channels Rolling Eyes that could be horse money Laughing jk I'm not that greedy and I love Ron MacLean
Back to top Go down
Kim

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 12:14 am

Tara do you still pay Cdn taxes ?? IF you don't you may not be considered a citizen their anymore depending on how long you have live in the states for ... unless you go up and renew ur citizenship maybe ... but I know if you're gone for more then 5 years you loose ur citizenship generally ...
Back to top Go down
Kim

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 12:18 am

SuperLope wrote:
lol you sound like my dad! he's all Canadian lol! he refuses to get his citizenship I don't know why ... I think it has to do with his pride lol I am reminded of this becuase every morning he drives like 10 minutes out of his way to get a Tim Horton's coffee! Laughing and we pay so much extra money to on the TV bill to get all of these Canadian channels Rolling Eyes that could be horse money Laughing jk I'm not that greedy and I love Ron MacLean

and ahah to bad he doesnt realize a lot of Cdn channel air mostly american shows lol Razz Razz other then the news ... btw when u turn 18 you can choose ur citizenship Very Happy Very Happy ... and there's no coffee like timmies ... so i hear i hate coffee ahah .. but i heard american coffee was pretty bad ... at least most canadian don't like it .. even the US timmies aren't as good as the Cdn ones (of course this is coming from Cdns) Very Happy ... but even I found the food so different especially the coke ... because apparently some US states can still have a trace of cocaine in it ahha just like a tiny bit that doesnt get you hooked on drugs but in Canada you can't Razz
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 7:55 pm

lol yea I'm not a huge coffee fan! hehe wow cocaine I'm glad I only Drink Diet pepsi --- and I don't drink it a lot but it does supposedly stunt your growth and I'm only 5' tall affraid what are they feeding us!! haha I want to get duel citizenship -- it would just be fun to have a lot easier to visit cousins too! Razz
Back to top Go down
B2

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 8:14 pm

I am still a Canadian citizen with full rights as such, the only thing I am not eligable for is the Canadian health benefits unless I move back and live there for a certain amount of time.

I just have to go down to immigration here in the US every 10 years and renew my alien card <hahah that always makes me laugh holding an alien card>

Tim Hortons my god I LOVE the tim bits!!! In fact when I was up in NY in August the Tim Hortons doughnuts were the only thing ssfarm and her trainer said make sure you bring back with you in the morning LOL I agreed whole heartedly they were awesome.

I keep my citizenship because I am proud of the country I was born in, I am also proud of living in the US and I hold all of the same rights are US citizens except I am not allowed to vote.

Now THANKS!!!! I have a craving for Tim bits!!!!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
B2

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 8:19 pm

Oh I heard their coffee was really good I don't do coffee though, now give me those frappacinos from starbucks anyday! I think thats what they call them, the frozen coffee flavored shake like thing...I make sure to get the low fat one though
Back to top Go down
Kim

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 8:24 pm

We have 2 Starbucks in my town .. they just put a new one up ... I love their Mocha Chip with a cream base... mmm ahah ... but they're soo expensive ahah $8 a cup for a coffee ahah ... it gets good business, but Timmies, Country Style and Coffee Time get more ahah ... I swear if you went down the one street you would probably pass a coffee shop like every 5 seconds ahahha ...
Back to top Go down
B2

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 8:29 pm

MMM yes the mocha chip is great, I tried the carmel one once but it was way too sweet Shocked

One of the things I miss most about living in NY close to where my family is in Ontario is the food! Like Tim Hortons and theres this pizza place that is to die for BUT they send it overnight! very pricey <60 dollars for a half sheet> but when you are 1300 miles from such a great pizza place I splurge for like the super bowl and order one.
Back to top Go down
Kim

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 10:43 pm

ahahah I love Canadian food .... nothing beats our beef ahah Razz or bacon mmmmmmm lol ... but I was pleasantly surprised when I went to the states for a sale ... we went to crackle barrel every night ahah ...and the night we left my trainer and i bought breakfast ahah mmmmmm ... and every night i had a dinner i got baby carrots ... omg I HATE cooked carrots and I mean ewwww ... but theses .... where the most AMAZING thing i've ever had ... and I loved the coke ... nice and sweet Very Happy Very Happy ... and the biscuits .... Cdn restruants don't have that ahha ..... i didnt like the meat loaf too much or the green beans ahha ..... but crackle barrel is just mmmmmmmmmmm we have a pickle barrel in TO that's a bit like it ... but not the same ahahahahha
Back to top Go down
B2

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 10:47 pm

I miss the awesome flavored chips like dill pickle, ketchup and sour cream they are doing that here now in the states but they do not taste the same!

Yeah the meat is wayyyy better there, my sister is friends with a butcher about 2 miles from her house and I always go there and get the peameal bacon I LOVE that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

heheh politics!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: heheh politics!!   heheh politics!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

heheh politics!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: