Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HE'S HERE!!!!!

Go down 
+8
Bluejay
SuperLope
Triple J Quarter Horses
denibun
shazgeoff
jools
Lynn M.
7cedars
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 1:57 am

HA! Got me another colt! SWEEETTT! Can't tell if he's dark red or chestnut yet. Two white rear socks, no white on the face, real wide through the eyes... little tooters was hitting the ground a running now. He was trying to get up before she was!

I was walking to the barn, got by about the tool shed and heard this big groan, came back to the house, told Rick to get out of the bed she was having it... how do you know... well, I heard her groaning all the way at the tool shed... off I run... front feet and a head was out, I broke the membrane, checked him all out. Rick got down, told him he'd just missed it.

Seems like she's a good mom. Once she was up, she went to licking and a talking, little tooters just keeps trying to get up.

Mare just got up... we're going to sit and wait till she passes it and he gets up and he sucks and then we're off to bed! HA!

Back to the barn.................. bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy

I'll get you some pictures in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 2:48 am

sounds made to order... got to love those rear socks! Am I right or are we very heavy in the colt department around here these days??
Back to top Go down
jools

Number of posts : 168

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 2:58 am

Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven Hey Hey 7c's FABULOUS bounce bounce Great news tongue Is this guy early Question silent sounds as if he is real keen to come into the world Dancing Can't wait to see his BIG RED BUNS afro Thats how you guys cheers say it I think flower I love foaly rears geek Get Snapping GIRL flower

queen cheers CONGRATS cheers king
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 5:43 am

Razz congrats,cant wait to see the pics, i just love foalie pics and im a sucker for white socks to.Cant have anymore,must not,must try to resist lol!
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:49 am

Hurry up with those pics Cedars. Congrat!!!
Back to top Go down
jools

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:57 am

Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven C'mon Girl Sleep done itching to get my peepers on this guy I love you bounce bounce bounce bounce Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
7cedars

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 10:06 am

Well, we've got a bit of a problem. Right now, a bullet and a gun is in my mind!

She's a maiden mare, okay, fine, and I've had this happen before, but not quite this severe. She's not letting the colt suck. We worked with them this morning till about 2:30 or so, between the twitch and Rick's hand getting tired and then me putting the lip chain on her, us switching out trying to get the baby to suck.... anyway, my regular vet's doing cows right now, so I called another vet and he should be here in about 30-45 minutes.

He is a whopper of a colt, big red nice colt, nice neck, good tail set.... but this mare is really pushing my maternal instincts here!

I've had maiden mares that you'll have to twitch them for the first sucking, and then they're fine after that, but this danged mare is pushing it. I told Rick when we came to the house last night, if she kicks that colt, this morning I was putting a bullet between her eyes. She just won't be still at this point.... if we make it through this colt, if she pulls this mess next year, that'll be it for her. Auction house here we come!

Sorry, but I'm slap wore out, feel like I have a hangover after a 2-day drinking spree, and my degree of patience, has done gone out the door!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 11:33 am

Yee Haw! Give Momma A break. At least she loves him. Maybe she is still having afterbirth contractions. And is still ouchy! Drugs, she says, give me drugs! Smile
She will do good. CONGRATS, A bouncing baby boy bounce bounce bounce

OK Mares, we need filly's to even the odds here.Wink
Back to top Go down
jools

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 11:40 am

Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven OH POOR you 7c's No You really are going through it Suspect maybe after a good lie down you will all get along fine Dancing Momma'll knuckle down & all will be WELL flower Fingers crossed it goes better later cyclops But RAH a bouncing baby boy I love you RED too Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
7cedars

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 11:51 am

Vet came and went, we still couldn't get the colt to suck. He pulled blood, checked to see if he'd gotten any colostrum... nope. His pallet's fine, etc. He's coming back, we're fixing to milk the mare, tube this baby and have the bottle thing, and we'll see. Vet said he sure thought the colt had got some, because he was putting up a whale of a fight... he kind of hesitates and asks... Sheila, is he out of Kid? Yep, I say. Oh, okay, well, he's like his dad. This mare had better get her yeyaw together here in the next 48 or......Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 11:55 am

I had a mare that we had to tube the baby and feed him with a syringe for the first 36 hour and then everything was fine. We fed him every hour. Then, she took over and I slept. Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 12:29 pm

hang in there the mother instincts will catch on eventually. even though your tired a little hard work now will pay off when your getting your win picture taken at the world show! Dancing
Back to top Go down
7cedars

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 12:46 pm

Well, here's one picture of him.

HE'S HERE!!!!! 100_0670
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 1:10 pm

Shocked wow what a big boy:shock: hang in there im sure all will be fine,she is probably just exhausted,especially having to get him out:sleep: .Just try to be patient easier siad then done i know.Fingers crossed for you:cheers:
Back to top Go down
jools

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 1:28 pm

Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven WOW 7 c's as you would say bounce thats a WHALE of a bub Dancing Golly gosh that poor gal must be beat afro Why did the Vet ask if he were Kidds?? No confused Hang in as denibun says 48 hrs in & you'll be wondering what it wasall about sunny Right on THE WORLD Exclamation Suspect bounce
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 2:43 pm

Nice big baby.. WOW Chestnut I bet..bounce

We found that the nursing went much better when we left them alone.. We used to get involved.. Went better when we were not.. If momma is not trying to hurt him they should work it out.. I know how much we worry about this too.. affraid Keep us posted..
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 2:56 pm

Well, we're okay now... sorta. Vet was late getting here, what else is new...called the vet to tell them I was heading to the barn, no need to call, she said he was on his way. Got down to the barn, piddled a bit, was watching the colt, he looked like he might be interested, I grabbed her halter and me and her had a talking to, and he started sucking like crazy. Vet got there while he was sucking, said, yep, he's got milk dripping down his chin. She got a little pissy once, and I grabbed ahold of her neck, pinched and twisted, she stood still.

Vet went ahead and gave him a whole tube of colostrum, we watched him suck again. So I'm off to bed for 2 hours and then get back up and make sure he does it again and then heading to the feed store for more shavings. Cool's dominoing tonight!

WHEW!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 3:17 pm

Like I said, you need a bed down there!... Sleep you're puttin one in your new barn now aren't you?!! lol!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 4:37 pm

Well, I'm going to have a couch in my office, with a plate glass there into the stall. I'll be sure and tell the mare to tap on the glass when she's ready... HA!
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 5:26 pm

oh 7Cedars! Thats great news!

Glad to hear you got through to the mare, and she stood for that beautiful big colt to suck!

Any more pictures? LOL of course once you've had a good long deserved nap!

He is a doll! huge too!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
7cedars

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 8:51 pm

Didn't get much sleep... slept for about an hour, and kept having bad dreams about stupid mares, so I just kind of milled around, kept going to the barn, watching him. He's doing fine. Now, I can just grab the mare by my fingertips on the halter and she'll stand still. He's a strong, stout little tooters.

Well, Cool had waxed earlier this morning. Me and Dillon got everybody switched around, in deep shavings everywhere, got my regular vet on notice, course Cool won't give us any trouble, and this one will be a filly.

We just came in from the barn, sent Trent back to town for chicken. I'm going to take a nappie pooh, get Rick to go down there with Red in a couple of hours and check on Cool, then I'm going to try and get some sleep and hit the barn about 11:00... that danged red mare came real close to going bye-bye! She pulls this mess next year, she'll go bye-bye anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:31 pm

WHEW, glad that all worked out. I know how we feel when this happens.. SCARED POOPLESS affraid

Sounds like it's time to reload on the other mare.. lol!

Isn't it fun to have a new baby in the barn? And, you got what you wanted.. Is this Kid's first foal crop?
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 10:26 pm

Yep, never had all this much mess happen. Aggravating mares. Me and vet had a good laugh about these mares, though.

No, this is Kid's uh... let me think, fourth foal crop... yeah, I think that's right. Scamp and his sister were out of Kid; Cool's only had babies out of Kid. The best paint filly out of him so far is 3 now... I think that's right.

Talked to the guy that has the black cutting mare, and she's two weeks over due, maiden mare... but she's like 10 or 11... he's off doing jobs, so I told him to be sure to tell his hired hand to holler at me if something was going weird... course the vet's just right down from him, too.

The one mare that I sold this weekend, I called him and told him that Cool and her were bred within a day of each other, and since they dominoed the same last year, one one day; the next the other day, I told him to keep a beedle eye on her.

So I'm off to bed with the alarm set at 11:30... Trent's going to check them at 9:30.
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 12:41 am

Congrats, he's a cutie! Smile
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 1:07 am

Im missing Sleep Sleep waiting on you to tell me all about your new FILLY and your asleep? Now whats up with that. Its 11:15 Im giving you 15 more mins and thats it! Then IM GOING TO BED! Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HE'S HERE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HE'S HERE!!!!!   HE'S HERE!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HE'S HERE!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Nursery-
Jump to: