Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Definitely a different Saturday night

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Definitely a different Saturday night Empty
PostSubject: Definitely a different Saturday night   Definitely a different Saturday night Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2007, 12:02 am

This is a kind of good and bad thing... So I'll get the bad over with first.

We went to a sale that they hold twice a month, heard that horses were going for very cheap... cheap wasn't the word. There was 4 at most horses that were registered, 3 paints (most breeding stocks) and one quarter. Some of the ones they ran through were like 2 and 3, and looked maybe as tall as my yearlings and very thin, made me just sick. Not a single one brought more than $100. The rest were non-registered horses... I think the most one of those brought, even though some would ride is like $500. A good looking mule did come in, that I saw Rick perk up... Minis were bringing oh, anywhere from $250-$450. Auctioneer actually said, "Pretty bad when you buy a little horse for $450, and you could've bought a whole trailer full of horses for $400." And he was right. Just down right pitiful. I will never understand why people do this kind of mess!

On a lighter note, we're getting hungry, so we see a Mexican food place. Dillon's with us, and he doesn't like change... Mom, have you ever ate here before? Nope, but I'm sure it'll be all right. Well, Dad, how come we can't go back to town and eat at Tele's (right down from the school)... we're here, so we'll eat here.

So we walk in, and there's a guy and girl there playing with music. Lights are on bright, looks like a restaurant, and Dillon sees this little commode (you know, like a real little one) that says "Johnny Cash" on it, where you put money in for the singers... well, I turn around and catch his eye about that time and see what he's looking at, and he gets this funny look on his face, and I kind of grin, and he just busts out giggling... not laughing, giggling. Okay, he doesn't get out much. Well, his giggling would make anybody start to giggle, then we all were giggling. Course they were playing the kind of music Rick likes, and me and Dillon are trying to hold a straight face the whole time. Food was good, though.

Wait, not through yet... so I ask the waitress where's the bathroom, she says around the corner to the back. Okie doke... So I'm heading this way, I see the bathroom and this extremely LARGE lady is sitting right in front of the door. I'm thinking okay, I think I can squesh in there. I say excuse me, of course, and she doesn't move. So I don't think she's heard me.. so I lean down just a bit, and say, I'm sorry, could you scoot up just a bit, I need to get to the bathroom. And I get this, "I CAN'T GET ANY CLOSER TO THE TABLE!" I thought, all righty then, so I open the bathroom door, and literally squeesh inside, and I'm talking uh, one uh, breast at a time. Now, there's tons of tables that are open (remember that.) So as I'm in the bathroom, I start getting a bit irritated about the whole thing... so I play the dumb blonde deal, and open the door a lot stronger than I normally would... oops, sorry, did I bump in to you?

I came back to the table, and Rick says, what's wrong.. I said, you're never going to believe this... so I told him. Then we all start giggling. When we start to leave, Dillon asks where the bathroom is... I said, uh, you'll have to go through you know whatie like I did...he decided to wait. HA! I told him, okay, this town isn't but about 30 minutes from us, and I feel like I've walked into a whole other world. And this town has the best known three vets within a 200 mile radius... go figure!

We giggled all the way home nearly laughing about how different this Saturday night was versus me here in the office, Rick in there watching danged bull riding, and Dillon in his room playing video games.

Rick told Dillon we were going to make this a twice a week ordeal... Dillon asked Rick if he was on crack. Very different night... jeesh!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Definitely a different Saturday night   Definitely a different Saturday night Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2007, 1:52 pm

HA HA HA .. lol! At least the food was good....I think I would not go back though...I would never get in the bathroom....No

I do not go to auctions.. I HATE THEM Exclamation I hate what idiots do to their lovely animals.. I just cannot take it.. I do not take my animals to the auction either.. I would give them away first geek

We used to raise calfs..We did take them when they were yearlings.. They were bred and raised for beef... I did not make pets of them.. I did take very good care of them with the understanding all girls to the auction and all boys go in the freezer... Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Definitely a different Saturday night   Definitely a different Saturday night Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 1:10 am

Well, the farrier and his wife and son came over today. Our farrier works with Rick, and so we decided weekend after next, we're either going to go back up there again, and go to the restuarant... Dillon said he was staying home, or his son is going to bring his colt over, who just happens to be out of my best paint mare and Kid... a breeding stock paint colt, that I gave to Devon. Devon's got him just about broke to death. I haven't seen that colt since he was about six months old, so I'm real interested to see how Devon's doing with him. From what I hear, they went swimming together last year (some pictures I posted on the AQHA forum last year), and they've already been in big trail rides... making a trip to Missouri this summer.

And, Bluejay, I hate those kinds of auctions, too. Now, Lufkin and Shawnee isn't bad, you don't see poor horses there, dad-gummed entry fee is too high. Whitesboro isn't bad - but I've only watched the cataloged horses, not the ones who weren't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Definitely a different Saturday night   Definitely a different Saturday night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Definitely a different Saturday night
Page 1 of 1