Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cow sorting - last night

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Cow sorting - last night Empty
PostSubject: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2007, 11:43 am

Well, that was a hoot to watch. This was our second time to go. Don't have any pics, because it was dark, and I couldn't get a good pic. So Trent and Amber (his girlfriend) did it, finally got her to do it, and she was using Rick's brother's horse, and one of Trent's friends came that they'd gotten Bucks&Blues big ole' buckskin from - now that was what was funny! Danged giraffe actually got out of a walk, and Justin had him going pretty good. Then I look around, and he's got a girl riding double with him, and I liked to have flipped out -- but the horse took it well, they all had a big time.

Couple of years ago, I'd given a breeding stock colt out of Kid and my best paint mare to my farrier's son, and he's two now, and Twister and Devon did real well. Twister was doing his thing with the cows just like his Mom always did - going to be a heck of a horse for him.

It was nice just to watch the kids having fun!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2007, 12:26 pm

Those things can be super fun!

One summer I was feeling pretty blue and my old cutter was bored (I had already taught him barrels that summer and we did the pattern like it was in a horsemanship class...pretty but not fast)...
So one of my friends had an appy that she wanted to take but she didn't have a trailer...so I loaded up my gelding, went and picked her up and we went to a sorting!
Hehe, it was super fun, very relaxed and just basically playing around. My poor gelding got enough COW to last him a few months and I had a blast!!!

Its fun to just go out and play with horses every now and then...tormenting cows is ALWAYS enjoyable in my bood cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2007, 2:25 pm

Sounds like you had a blast! I love sorting. It's pretty quick, but loads of fun if you have a good horse. cheers
Sounds like the boys are making the best of it too with the girls! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2007, 9:21 pm

lol! Forget the cow sorting. What about those gals.. YEA.. At least they know what kinda guy to hook up with.. lol!

That really is what it's all about.. Having fun and making friends.. It is getting darker.. Holy Cow.. winter will be here before we know it.. Time to tuck in and sleep the rest of the year.. Dancing

Oh, I forgot, you are in TX.. you may have some time left to enjoy the summer. We are getting a bit chilly here at night.. Not too cold to blanket and too cold to not add a sheet.. Good Grief.. I like the idea of getting ready for the long sleep.. Guess I need to go and spend time with those darn bairs.. cheering

And of course Mare is out there with the big sky.. Bet she is getting chilly too.. doggie

Glad you had fun and are doing something you enjoy. Makes life a bit SWEETER.... icecream
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2007, 12:01 am

Chilly! I wish!!! It is sooooooooooooo HOT here still! It might get down to 70 at night if we're lucky! affraid
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2007, 1:01 pm

It actually got pretty chilly that night. I was razzing Rick horribly before we went since he was wearing a long-sleeved shirt - told him he was going to burn up. I had a sleeveless shirt on, and was getting chilled. When we loaded up the horses, I looked in the dressing room - forgot I had a danged jacket in there! Lordy! HA!

Well, pulled up some stuff on a community college just north of us, oh, would be about a 35 minute drive, not much traffic, sort of a straight shot, looks like they've got a good rodeo team, and tons of welding - just what's up Trent's alley... So as soon as we can, we're going up there to check it out - Trent's pretty excited!

Trent, Rick and Rick's brother is fixing to go riding... first, theyr'e going to check fence, as some idgit on the other side of us has been tearing down fences, and then there's like 300 plus acres to ride behind us. Yesterday Trent and buds were gone for almost five hours. Kinda of like what we used to do when we were young, but then you could safely ride on the road.

Now, trying to explain to everybody that the geldings stay up during the day, and at night are let out in the pasture after eating, is a bugger! And how much air they need to get after they're hot and we're leaving somewhere; and they'd best rinse those gosh-danged horses off after they've rode, and blah, blah, blah... they're getting the hang of it though. Thought there was going to be a war when we left Friday night of having the windows down or up... I won by the way! HA!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2007, 9:44 pm

My husband is pretty smart. His saying is "If momma ain't happy, nobodys happy"
lol!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2007, 11:10 pm

lol! boy that's the truth... cheering Dancing pray
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2007, 11:11 pm

Darn it, Sure would have loved to see the Photos! Sounds like everyone was having a great time.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 9:08 am

They were having a blast. Kind of reminds me when I was a kid going to the open shows. Trent got nine of 'em one time before the buzzer went off, and he wasn't going very fast, so he's getting the hang of it. I noticed there towards the end, he was hustling a lot more, but I had a good time watching and visiting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cow sorting - last night   Cow sorting - last night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cow sorting - last night
Page 1 of 1