Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remember this story?

Go down 
+3
Kate and Paint
Bluejay
reiningfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Remember this story? Empty
PostSubject: Remember this story?   Remember this story? Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2007, 4:01 pm

On the AQHA forum a while back there was a story about a trailer catching on fire because of an oxygen tank. Well, turns out it was true. There was an article in Western Horse Review (a Canadian mag) and the guy who won the barrels at the world was the one who's trailer caught on fire. His world qualifying horses were in there. He used the oxygen to relieve muscle fatigue or something. So we were all thinking it was a gross exaggeration.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember this story?   Remember this story? Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2007, 9:19 pm

I do not remember the story.. What happened?
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Remember this story?   Remember this story? Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2007, 10:02 pm

It was sick! The guy used his trailer to rig up an oxygen thing to refresh his horses after he ran, so he could hit as many races possible. The horses were in the trailer and the oxygen was on, but the oil in the manes and tails caused the horses to catch fire. the pressure in the trailer was so bad, it coulndt be opened. the oxygen could not be turned off either. the horses burned to death for as long as 20 minutes! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Remember this story?   Remember this story? Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2007, 10:08 pm

OMG That is horrible! I never heard that, that is soo sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Remember this story?   Remember this story? Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 12:03 am

OH NO, that is so terrible. All for the nothing.. OMG.. Twisted Evil

I have some neighbors who had 10 dogs in their house. The bad wiring started a fire and the dogs died of smoke intalation. It was so devistating. They were not home and they could not get out. They all died.. Puppies and all. I still cannot hardly think about it. How selfish.. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Remember this story?   Remember this story? Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 11:17 am

I know that story ended up being true but the fire was not started by the oil in the manes and tails of the horses I'll try and find the story on AQHA about it

ETA: the link from AQHA this only says that it blew up but I'm pretty sure Joceyln(Barrel Chic) knows the entire story becuase she lives around where this guy is from but I am 85% positive that it wasn't becuase of the oils from the manes and tails
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Remember this story?   Remember this story? Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 1:05 pm

I remember this too, but only from what everyone posted before...I don't know the facts...so I'm pretty much no help...but I DO remember..so SAD No
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Remember this story?   Remember this story? Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 8:00 pm

Yeah, I dont know if it was the oils in the manes and tails, but I dont think it matters. The poor horses still died.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Remember this story?   Remember this story? Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 8:25 pm

I was shocked when I read the story on AQHA during the world show. The tone of the article made the owner really seem like a jerk (IMO). It was like all he was concerned about was winning. Like saying nonchalantly, "Oh yeah my horses blew up so I had to buy some new ones for the World show." I don't know anything about the guy or the specifics of the event, but I just couldn't believe that AQHA wrote the article that way.

Such a shame for the horses involved.Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember this story?   Remember this story? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember this story?
Page 1 of 1