Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

just a thought

Go down 
+9
Mare
Sip of Rum
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle
Bluejay
Cindy
QHorse163
SuperLope
Bucks&Blues
REINING CHICK
13 posters
AuthorMessage
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 4:35 pm

anyone live in north dakota? im trying to figure out where i want to live. i want to move. but dont know where. im tired of arizona. and ive lived here all my life. its time for a change. any suggestions? Dancing
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 6:49 pm

Texas! Me, 7Cedars, Cindy, Kidd, and Super Lope (I think) all live here! That should be reason enough!
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 7:13 pm

I live in Connecticut actually Wink no worries

we have a WNBA team Laughing

there are things I love about CT and things I hate about it -- I just know that everyone who goes away for college always end up coming back!

haha Vermont is a cool place to live though my brother lives there

sorry no help with the North Dakota question!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 8:06 pm

Hmm... What "requirements" do you have for a place to live? What type of weather do you like, do you want lots of trainers/shows around, what kind of job are you looking for, big city or rural area? I've only ever lived in Pennsylvania but maybe if you tell everyone more about what requirements you have then they will be able to make suggestions!

That said, western PA is a nice area if you can deal with unpredictable weather. haha. It's really pretty, lots of woods & hills. It's a horse friendly area and not too expensive for board. You can also find good deals on tack & supplies at Amish tack shops. haha. There are a good number of AQHA and open shows around, but for APHA you need to go to Ohio (can go to OH for AQHA stuff too). Columbus/Congress is close enough to easily go for a weekend & not a bad haul if you want to show there. I really like where I live except for the weather. That's why I'm going to move to Texas after college. Cool haha.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 9:38 pm

Texas is awesome and you're already used to heat! lol

Colorado and those Northern surrounding states are really nice too. I haven't travelled much in the East.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 9:42 pm

Goodness sakes. This should be easy.. How about the West where the real cowboys/girls come from? riding

HUM scratch study no tornados, no hurricanes, no killer snakes, nice weather, no killer bugs, no earth moving at high speed, not too hot or humid, mountains, desert, prairies, ocean, no sales tax in Oregon, and nice and green with lots of tress, rivers and streams. I am talking about Oregon, Washington and Idaho.. Silly girl. cheering Dancing doggie ily cheers2 nana mbs

Now CA is very big and too fast pased. Also gets hot and WAY $$$$$$ to live there.. Oh, the earth moves real fast there some times.. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 10:51 pm

Bluejay wrote:
Goodness sakes. This should be easy.. How about the West where the real cowboys/girls come from? riding

HUM scratch study no tornados, no hurricanes, no killer snakes, nice weather, no killer bugs, no earth moving at high speed, not too hot or humid, mountains, desert, prairies, ocean, no sales tax in Oregon, and nice and green with lots of tress, rivers and streams. I am talking about Oregon, Washington and Idaho.. Silly girl. cheering Dancing doggie ily cheers2 nana mbs

Now CA is very big and too fast pased. Also gets hot and WAY $$$$$$ to live there.. Oh, the earth moves real fast there some times.. affraid

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 11:24 pm

I am with Bluejay on this one as Oregon is the place to be! The weather is not bad, everything is nice and green. Plus you can ride on the beach or in the mountains in my case. I have lived here 27 years. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2007, 12:45 am

I lived right next to north dakota until about a month ago. A lot of it is gorgeous, you get all the seasons and everything. I dunno I like it there. What part are you looking at? I lived in Minnesota but up by like the north/east part of north dakota. It's beautiful, lots of horses!
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2007, 9:19 am

It does depends on what you like. You couldn't give me a place there. To flat for me. But you might like that kind of country. I have lived all over and have always come back to Montana. But some people cant hack the mountains. If you come from flat land the mountains are hard to take because you cant see from one end of the state to the other. They feel trapped, closed in. Now i think the sunrise and sunset are beautiful on the flat land but I just missed the mountains. Yes it can get windy and down right cold there. But we get our winters here and I love it. Nothing like we use to. Good Luck on your search.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2007, 10:17 am

We have a couple houses in New Rockford ND, just South of Devil's Lake. I LOVE IT THERE.. they have some saddle clubs in that area too. I wasn't alive 30-40 years ago, but if I could picture what the typical midwest was like in the 60's I would picture that place. Nobody's in a huge hurry, people are polite, and friendly. There has only been one murder in the county in the past 100+ years...and the guy that did it was some crazy from CA and used a set of golf clubs, so... scratch
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 8:51 am

I'm with Qhorse163 on this. First off, depends on where you can make a living - period! And I'm talking a good living. A place where you like the weather, tons of opportunities with horses, if that's what you want to do, a good town and schools to raise kids, which will be a concern at some point. But still not too far off the beaten path. That's why I love where we live. We're only 2 hours from Dallas, 3 1/2 from Houston, 1 1/2 from Shreveport, LA, Oklahoma border is only oh an hour from us, kind of slap in the middle of everything. If I didn't live here, I'd live in Shawnee, Oklahoma - just flat love that town, or Montana. I've loved Montana since I was a kid, scared to death to go there in person, though, because I'm afraid I'll pack up everything and move! HA! Course me and winters don't mix either - so it'd only be for summers.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 10:34 am

Kentucky, that is where the horse Industry is going to be rocking and rolling! I dont know what you do to make a living, but the equine field is going to busting open. Vets are going to be on short supply at least for 6 months out of the year. They will be needing vet techs as well.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 11:46 am

lol! cheering I just know this has to be helping. kitty doggie
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 12:34 pm

ok well i work for united health care so if there's an office in that state i can transfer. other wise id have to find a job at a hospital or something. i was looking in oregan or washington. hell even texas would be cool, i loved austin!!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 2:19 pm

Hey, at least MINE was the correct state! haha pray
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 8:55 pm

YES, Washington or Oregon would be great. I think you can find United Health Care in both places.. Check with who you are working for now and try to get a transfer... cheers
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 12:04 pm

i really want to! so bluejay, when i transfer can i come board my ponies at your house LOL
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 8:56 pm

How many do you have? I do have some space.. Dancing
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2007, 11:01 am

i have 2 ponies. well my paint mare is no pony, shes more of a moose LOL:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 11:50 am

I have room.. bounce
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 12:28 pm

If you are serious about going to Or there are some big time working cow horse trainers in that area...
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 2:05 pm

id leave asap if i knew i could find a job up there for sure. ill have to look around and see what i can find. but yea im serious!cherry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: just a thought   just a thought Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just a thought
Page 1 of 1