Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SIN TACHA PERRY WINS TQHA SIRES CUP STAKES

Go down 
AuthorMessage
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

SIN TACHA PERRY WINS TQHA SIRES CUP STAKES Empty
PostSubject: SIN TACHA PERRY WINS TQHA SIRES CUP STAKES   SIN TACHA PERRY WINS TQHA SIRES CUP STAKES Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 1:10 pm

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM

SIN TACHA PERRY WINS TQHA SIRES CUP STAKES SinTachaPerrywinsTQHASiresCup81807
Sin Tacha Perry picks up her second career stakes win in the TQHA Sires' Cup Stakes.
Photo By Jenifer Juelsgaard/Coady Photography

Sin Tacha Perry Wins TQHA Sires' Cup Stakes

HOUSTON, TX—AUGUST 18, 2007—Sin Tacha Perry, a 4-year-old filly trained by Janet Van Bebber captured the $24,000 TQHA Sires’ Cup. Owned by Van Bebber and Jerry Gaston, Sin Tacha Perry is a sister of AQHA World Champion, Streakin Sin Tacha. Alfonso Lujan rode the bay filly to victory, crossing the wire of the the 400-yard stakes in :20.020.
“I get along with her very well,” said Lujan. “She always runs big for me. Janet did a great job getting her ready for the race.”

“She’s a three-quarter sister to Streakin Sin Tacha and this was the race that I retired Streakin Sin Tacha, so I am proud she could win tonight. We lost the mare, Sin Tacha last year, but it means a lot to me that she produced two stakes winners.”

Sharon and Perry Pike's Wings Of La Jolla finished second. The home-bred Streakin la Jolla five-year-old Streakin La Jolla gelding is saddled by Beverly McNeely with Nickey Laws in the irons.

“I was proud of him,” said trainer Beverly McNeely. “This was a tough field.”

Heza Fast Classic, a three-year-old gelded son of Heza Fast Dash, was a ½ length back in third for owner Rogeilo Tristan. Janie Hernandez saddled the show horse with Martin Rubalcava aboard.

Sin Tacha Perry ($5.60) ran as an entry with El Man and Ali the Great and registered a 95 Speed Index in tonight’s victory.

TQHA Sires' Cup Stakes

$24,000, Sam Houston Race Park, Aug 18, 3 year-olds & up, 400 yards

1. Sin Tacha Perry, b. f. 4, by Mr Jess Perry--Sin Tacha, by Slew's Royalty, Bred by Jerry Gaston/Janet Van Bebber (TX). Owner- Gaston, Jerry, Vanbebber, Janet, et al. Trainer-Janet A. Van Bebber. Jockey-Alfonso Lujan.

2. Wings of La Jolla, sor. g. 5, by Streakin La Jolla--Wings of Angels, by Rupert's Wing, Bred by Sharon A Pike (TX). Owner- Pike, Sharon and Perry. Trainer-Beverly A. McNeely. Jockey-Nickey M. Laws.
3. Heza Fast Classic, br. g. 3, by Heza Fast Dash--Classic Corridor, by Corridor Key, Bred by Ronald Dale Castille (LA). Owner-Rogelio Tristan. Trainer-Janie Hernandez. Jockey-Martin Rubalcava.

Margins: 1¼, ½, nk
Value to winner: $14,400 2nd $4,800 3rd $2,640
Time: 20.020
Track: Fast
Back to top Go down

SIN TACHA PERRY WINS TQHA SIRES CUP STAKES
Page 1 of 1