Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Smokin In KS

Go down 
+9
7cedars
jools
Bluejay
Triple J Quarter Horses
Merikle Waters
PHENOMADACIOUS
Cindy
SuperLope
Lynn M.
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 6:02 pm

Imagine my surprise when I woke from my nap to find this alien
Smokin In KS Pheobecolt2
born about 2pm a very loud bay yes there is a little black in the tip of the tail and between the ears one blue eye and a very much Gunsmoke face.. he is in your face and very sweet trotted to me when I walked into the stall as if to say what took you so long lol! endless night my butt she wanted 60 degrees and sunshine in her stalls this critter is Freckles Playboy, Doc Quixote, Mr Gunsmoke, Rey Jay, Cutter Bill wishing we had a little more color but with a saddle I think he will be really cute he has brown on one foot. Both are doing well.
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 6:17 pm

awww Congradulations!

hehe mom waite until you were sleeping!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 6:52 pm

Yeah! Congrats! I hope my mare goes this easy! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 7:06 pm

I was nervous because she was late but she had one before the maiden mares are the ones that make me nervous.... she has had a colt before so that wasn't the part that worried me... good luck Cindy! On to the next who is next? My next is due first week of March and is maiden 3/4 sister to this mare only diff is she isn't a granddaughter of Doc Quixote but Nu Bar she is a little bit nuts though lol! and bred to a minimal paint/aqha double registered Im hoping to get that same face and 2 tall hind socks like Elvis's foal got Laughing love those
Back to top Go down
B2

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 8:03 pm

What a handsome boy Lynn! Congrats he looks like a little chunky monkey
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 8:35 pm

YIPPY!!! Congrats! Did you cry? I always cry! Embarassed Razz
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 9:13 pm

I think if I hadn't been so surprised to look up and see white running in the barn cam (he was running in circles and couldn't be more than a hour old)and then running to the barn and looking for the black in the tail because that sire always throws tri and trying to figure out sex then cleaning stalls etc... by the time all that was done he was tired momma and him laid down and I just stood there and was so moved didn't cry but was so moved by it all... I think he is so beautiful and I really would have swore I didn't like paints w/all that white now..... and its funny both sides match almost perfect.. I think I will send off to see if he is homo.. and if he is the only boy I get (he is the 2nd in 10yrs.) maybe he will get to keep the jewels for a little while, we have been looking to have a 2nd stallion so we can have something to promote and then breed the fillies by Peppy we are keeping and promoting but he would have to be homo... I love his hip! He has his mommas deep low set hocks should be a stopping fool yeah..
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 10:16 pm

Oh Lynn! He's beautiful! Lots of chrome and very well marked!

He is sooo cute!!!!

Glad to see more paint babies around here... then i dont feel so out of place lol
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 11:55 pm

cheers Lynn M. cheers

Tooo Cute! And I was worried about keeping a white mane and tail white! Oh my goodness what are going to do? Sleepless nights, up and worried. And Ta Da. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2007, 12:53 am

WOW.. Very nice baby.. cheers HA HA HA .. I too have gone out and seen that little face looking at me saying "I AM HERE HUR RAY" lol!

How sweet he is. Congrats Very Happy What a relief it is for us worried grannies.. geek

Way to go Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
jools

Number of posts : 168

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2007, 4:23 am

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven bounce Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven HEY HEY LYNN How FABULOUS I love you What a perfect little guy cyclops Hope hubby Sleep didn't yell too much tongue after all his Dancing dragging to the barn geek I LOVE him SO beautiful Like a Star @ heaven blue eye too my FAVE cat Everything crossed for the HOMOZ test alien bet you're gonna be lucky Dancing When can it be done Question Never done one on a babe No
More (LOADS) pics PLEASE tongue rabbit
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2007, 9:02 am

Yippey, Lynn, he finally came. I hope he is homozygous, lots of money in your pocket, with you guys showing him. Excellent bloodlines, what a little tooter! CONGRATS! cheers
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2007, 12:21 pm

bounce congrats,he sure looks nice.give him a nice hug from us over here in the UK cheers
Back to top Go down
BeePrettyJack

BeePrettyJack

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2007, 2:41 pm

Congrats!! cheers bounce Dancing
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2007, 10:13 pm

[quote="Lynn M."]I think I will send off to see if he is homo.. quote]

Since his dam is QH (if I remember correctly) he will not be homozygous for paint. And since he is chestnut, he will not be homo for black... If both his parents carried agouti, he could be homo for that, however, I dont think its worth your money.

In order to have a homozygous tobiano foal, you must have two tobiano parents (I think you can also have one breeding stock parent who carries tobiano, and you have a shot at a homo tobi foal) , And even then, it is not a guarantee.

So personally, I would save my money... but if you want to see, go for it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2007, 11:23 pm

she does have aqha/apha papers so that was why we thought would test him breeding stock her sire is very colorful... and he is actually bay hard to tell from the pic I know but sire only throws tris- bay and duns/buckskins
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2007, 11:33 pm

Actually, if you breed a homozygous stallion to a ginny (female donkey), the baby will have color... okay, in some situations, homozygous do actually throw breeding stocks, and then you're up the creek, but you don't know about those... HA!

I'd have to ask a friend of mine, but my understanding is that if a homozygous stallion breeds with a mare, then the baby could also be homozygous. However, most homozygous horses have the look of the bear claw, etc. I'd still go ahead and get him tested, though, to see what percentage he's got in there, especially say if you were breeding him to a toby or overo mare, ups your percentage. I don't think he's homozygous either, just because I've seen so many who are... hunt for the danged bear claws and the spots in a certain arrangement.

But whether homozygous or not, he's sure a smart looking little tooter. I'd like to see him in the cutting pen!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2007, 12:07 am

yeah I think reining myself he has 2 speeds bucking and sleeping and I don't know anything about the homo stuff myself will be doing some research but just kind of wondering not really all that interested if one of the other mares will give me the stud prospect Ive requested...

I just go back and forth with the whole paint situation we have the 2 mares that are double registered so we joined the apha today if the other mare foals a stud colt he will be my prospect as he will be double registered but no way will he be homo he will be really very limited color if any. I think with the bloodlines we have a colored stud could really clean up in the ring and then make a killing as a stallion crossed on some of my mares so I go back and forth a lot. The trainer who has Peppy right now also does paints and loves the Doc Quixotes so I know he would show for me- he hits Paint Vegas, congress etc.. all the big ones.. I just don't know scratch I do know it is time to be bringing along my next stallion as Peppy is now 10 and it takes time to make a good one.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2007, 9:41 am

You're on the right track there. Even if the colt doesn't show in paint shows, but just straight NCHA or NRHA, you've got it whupped!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2007, 10:50 am

Thanks Cedars I know once he gets fat and gets to really running around and some outside time it will be really alot easier to see his potential.. but it is nice to have a sounding board too someone to bounce ideas off of... I also already have someone interested in him makes me wonder if I shouldn't give him a chance if someone paint and performance is already wanting him hmmm
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2007, 5:52 pm

check out this face doesn't he look up to something
Smokin In KS Smokerhead
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2007, 7:39 pm

Ohhh, you didn't tell me he had a blue eye... one or two? Added bonus there!

He looks to me to be a looker, which is a big plus. If he looks good in the cutting or reining ring, doesn't really matter what color he is, if he's winning, but if he's got it, even better. And can sire some babies out of his first or second foal crop are doing the same. Plus, the argument we were talking about if I bought that toby paint, standing him, etc., people do like a variety. Cutting and ranch-type horses are in.

Oh, to have money where you could do everything and promote the heck out of our horses! ARGH!
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2007, 12:29 pm

watch out Lynn. i might put him on the trailer with sophie!!!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2007, 1:15 pm

Cedars just the one blue eye which is fine the other side of the face doesn't have as much color and I dont like blue eyes in a white face so this is just enough for character Wink
Jamie yeah you are here bounce party time lol! and absolutely not! Only because momma was bought for Peppy-Bob would hunt you down and it wouldn't be pretty affraid That mare is very special.... don't find many bred that well anymore. Once he's weaned we'll talk. HAHA
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2007, 5:21 pm

Love that baby and his pedigree.
7Cedars was saying that sometimes a homo stud can throw a breeding stock. Apparantly this is because they are guaranteed to throw tobys but not all tobys have enough color to be considered for reg papers. They still carry that toby gene though. Amazing what genetic research shows us
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smokin In KS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smokin In KS   Smokin In KS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smokin In KS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Nursery-
Jump to: